No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Shocks Tomas Rojas, Wins WBC Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Shocks Tomas Rojas, Wins WBC Crown

In yet another 2011 shocker, Suriyan Sor Rungvisai (19-5-1,7 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Tomas Rojas (36-13-1, 24KOs) to capture the WBC super flyweight title at Khunmuangsri stadium in Srisaket, Thailand. The scores were 116-112, 117-111 and 115-114 for the new champion. The three judges were from America, Belgium and Japan. Rojas tried to box from the distance in the early rounds but then changed his tactics when the fight appeared to be in doubt, as he tried in desperation to secure a knockout in the later rounds but it never came.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well that was unexpected, I thought rojas would take him out

Comment

I'm not that surprised he won......
      Rungvisai is A LOT better than his record suggests.....
      He gave Wonjongkam a tough fight, the guy definitely strong and got heart. He projectile vomited in the middle of one of the later rounds but kept fighting against Wonjongkam.....

Comment

From the begining of his reign I didn't expect Rojas to rule for an extended length of time. I did forsee trouble in this defense due to Rungvicai's very strong showing vs Wonjongkam last year but still of thought that Rojas would win a rather tight decision. Props to the new champ and also to Rojas for once again daring to go abroad to defend his title.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          In yet another 2011 shocker, Suriyan Sor Rungvisai (19-5-1,7 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Tomas Rojas (36-13-1, 24KOs) to capture the WBC super flyweight title at Khunmuangsri stadium in Srisaket, Thailand. The scores were 116-112, 117-111 and 115-114 for the new champion. The three judges were from America, Belgium and Japan. Rojas tried to box from the distance in the early rounds but then changed his tactics when the fight appeared to be in doubt, as he tried in desperation to secure a knockout in the later rounds but it never came.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Hey LIL P P, I thought Rungvisai wasn't even rated in the top 40 for the WBC, how was this sanctioned???? I thought you had to be in the ratings for the fight to be sanctioned.

Comment

i knew rungvisai was trouble, for once u barely see foreign champs going to thailand unless its a serious challenge, and he gave pong a hell of a fight so he was there to win the title unlike cazarez next fight in japan which is a joke
            yet ppl were dismissing rungvisai as a poor opponent ad calling the fight a missmatch, hell even boxrec only gave the match 3 stars because they thought that as well

Comment

That was a great fight.

Comment

I dont know whats worse, losing? or losing to a guy named Sor Rungavisai

Comment

I had only seen Sor Rungvisai once, against Wonjongkam. He's better than his record indicates, but I had thought that a lot of his success in that fight was due to the fact Wonjongkam is on his last leg. He seems to have proved me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X