Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone in the Moddleweight division challenge Sergio Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's a bum and anyone worth a damn would beat the sht outta him

Comment

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
      A GUY WHO WALKS around at 175 fights at 154
      Clottey walks arond 180, fights at 147.
      margi walks around 190, fights at 154
      Sturm was at 200 a year ago, fighting at 160
      Pavlik is no different, either.
      Cintron walks around 180, fights 154.
      Angulo i have no idea what he walks around at, but i'd assume he's huge too.
      Kirkland got up to 200lbs. List goes on.

You arent making any sense, at all. No fighter in the sport today walks around at his fighting weight. EVERYONE cuts weight..a LOT of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
        he's a bum and anyone worth a damn would beat the sht outta him

Comment

if pac ever weighs more than 150 i'd be shocked

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_monster View Post
            because he's a bum

Comment

To be the man, you gotta beat the man; and right now that big green belt Chavez is carrying says he's the man.

The fight won't happen though, for the same reason Martinez has never fought anyone worth a damn, because he's one big piece of chicken shit. If it wasn't for his bald promoter's relationship with that fat idiot Suliaman nobody would know who he is.

Comment

Martinez isn't doing himself any favors.

If he doesn't get a fight with either Pacquiao or Mayweather, he will either have to risk going up to 168 or coming down to a 147 catchweight.

Sergio Martinez is one of those rare situations where he has done well in his last 2 or 3 fights, but has not earned any real money. That's what Martinez wants: a huge payday.

Anyone can see that miles away. Will he get it though?

The short answer is not on his own terms.

Martinez can pat himself on the back all day, but real fans and students of the game know that by looking at his record the man didn't care about his legacy. At this stage, without the Pavlik and Williams win he should have retired or been classified as a club fighter.

Sergio wants a $10 million dollar payday because he beat a damaged Pavlik and a version of Williams that had already been exposed by Quintana.

I don't blame him. You've got to get it while the gettin' is good. He just competed as a MW but is calling out a guy who basically is a jrWW at 142lbs.

That ain't about legacy. Martinez could easily face the winner of Ward/Froch, but he claims that he cannot and will not. He wants an easier opponent who he has the size advantage over and a guaranteed purse.

I like the guy. His two wins and performances were really good against Pavlik and Williams. This guys is not an ATG or a HOF by any means though.

Let him reign for a while before peasants begin throwing the keys to the kingdom at him after only 2 wins.

Comment

I think Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam can give him problems if given the chance, not sure if he can "BEAT MARTINEZ" but I think he style and speed and quickness gives him MAJOR PROBLEMS

I think Martinez benefits GREATLY because he is usually the QUICKER GUY especially in his last few fights, Pavlik, Williams, Dizinzurki (something like that) neither had good footwork so he was able to STICK AND MOVE and beat them with his Quickness

I think he runs into problems against someone just as fast if not faster like N'Jikam, especially the way Martinez keeps his arms down in front of him, he really doesn't have much defense, his defense is DODGING PUNCHES

and at 154 I would go with ERISLANDY LARA!!! I think Lara could beat Martinez, you have to beat Lara with PRESSURE, I think Lara would cut the Ring Off against Martinez and Lara is just as fast and has good footwork

I also think Carlos Molina's great chin and Relentless pressure could give him problems as well, Molina probably would be able to walk past his shots and counter with his own shots LIKE HE DID against Lara and Cintron
                  Last edited by sicko; 08-17-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Sergio only likes to challenge fighters from the wolterweight and Loghtweights

Comment

i think pirog should build his name up and then heave them fight eachother....

pirog should fight on sergio-barker undercard.

Comment

Working...
                      X