No announcement yet.

>How Much Of A Hype Job Was Devon Alexander<

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He crushed Juan Urango and everyone was impressed since Ricky Hatton had such a hard time with Urango.

But from there he just never got any better.
    I saw Hatton outboxing Urango easily, he beat him much more impressively than Berto did.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's just not very good.
      Guys with uppercuts, why are they always overrated?

Comment

alexander loses one fight and he's a hype job.

****en fairy @ss boxing fans.

Comment

Hes 23.

FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheshaw View Post
            HBO likes the tale of the black ghetto prospect come from the ruins to glory and success. Most of their audience is most likely black considering their black comedian comedy shows and other black appeal marketing.

So yes, they will over hype his type.
            If you have HBO like you say you do then tell me what appeal to ghetto black people does shows like, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Hung, Curb Your Enthusiam, Bill Maher and Entourage have?

Damn the internet is full of bigots and racists **** is crazy

Comment

Its because most of the fans on here are about 16 and haven't watched boxing long enough to realise what is actually going on because they have no experience.

Devon is not a hype job, never was, he is a very good fighter who has great natural attributes but has not worked on his weaknesses and probably could do with another trainer to take him to the next level. He has no defense whatsoever and that is his main problem, he uses reflexes and speed as defense and that is always a dangerous game unless your roy jones. He needs to learn defensive technique, keeping his damn hands up would be a start! He let Kotelnik cave his face in with a jab simply because he did not have his right hand high enough, this is basic stuff!

I think he has a lot of potential, but I knew Bradley would beat him, his urango performance was highly overrated because it was a ko, which sugar-coated an average performance up to that point. NSB always gets over excited by KO's and KO punchers. He was ready for Bradley but I believe he still has as much potential. He needs to improve and I don't think that is going to happen with Cunningham, he could do with being a little more compact and just concentrate more on defense, small adjustments would take him to the level he should be at, which is not having close fights with Matthysse and Kotelnik.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                alexander loses one fight and he's a hype job.

****en fairy @ss boxing fans.
                3 losses in a row is pretty bad. there's no way he beat Kotelnik or Matthysse and he of course officially lost to Bradley.

He is also boring, i wouldn't mind never watching him fight again, unless he actually starts putting on an entertaining style.

Comment

I think their wouldn't be as much hate for him had he not received two gifts in the last 3 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Hes 23.

FFS.
                    No, he is 24. Just like Amir and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Hes 23.

FFS.
                      We weren't the ones saying he's a future p4p king and going to beat Bradley and be the man at 140. He's still going to do that, huh? Plenty of people said that.

Comment

Working...
                      X