No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Khan Would Fall in Nov. 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    Well.... I believe Floyd clearly lost Castillo I....

Mine was 114-113 Pacquiao.... a gave the 12th round to Marquez.
    there was no clear loss. that fight wasnt a robbery at all. theres no way u can say that fight was a roberry and then say the pac/marquez fight was close. symptoms of a hater who cant score a fight without his blinders on.

Comment

Final Scores

Official Cards

Anek Hongtongkam: 116-110 Mayweather
      John Keane: 115-111 Mayweather
      Jerry Roth: 115-111 Mayweather

The Boxing Bulletin Cards

Lee Patyon: 115-112 Castillo
      Michael Nelson: 114-113 Castillo
      Andrew Fruman: 114-113 Castillo
      Joseph R. Holzer: 114-112 Castillo
      Matt Chudley: 116-112 Castillo

"115-112 for Jose Luis Castillo who took over in the 6th. Floyd won the 10th but it was turned into a 9-9. I didn't give Floyd a single 10 in any round past the 5th." - Lee Payton

"Running theme was Floyd controlling the first half of rounds with his jab and Castillo outworking him in the last half of rounds with his body work." - Michael Nelson

"I had Castillo coming on strong to win 114-113. Could I have scored it for Floyd? The 11th round which I gave to JLC was very close, so reversing that one does give Floyd the fight on my card. That said, I believe I gave Floyd the benefit of the doubt in more of the close ones - and when you need to give a fighter every benefit of the doubt, it's hard to say he was a worthy winner."

"Before tallying my scorecard, I believed Jose Luis retained his championship by his work in the latter rounds. Once he figured out the Mayweather conundrum, Castillo pressed harder and was effectively aggressive whereas Mayweather relied on defense and counterpunching. I like the stronger guy and the one who lands more.

Those scorecards were awful. I can see my score reversed, a draw or a wider margin in Castillo's favor. There were close rounds, but there were many more clear ones for the champion." - Joeseph R. Holzer

"As is sometimes the case with contentious decisions, the judges seemed to have scored the fight as it was expected to play out or at least seem to have been influenced by their preconceptions. Castillo put forward the greater volume of work and seemed to hurt the hometown fighter on a couple of occasions. He was the clear winner on my card." - Matt Chudley
      I noticed I provided a much larger and diverse sample. Read those quotes and then look at my initial post about how Floyd won a close decision. These writers feel he lost a close decision. Thats why its called a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I noticed I provided a much larger and diverse sample. Read those quotes and then look at my initial post about how Floyd won a close decision. These writers feel he lost a close decision. Thats why its called a close decision.
        i dont even think he gets what a robbery is. i dont think many ppl on this site get wat a robbery is. it astounds me how a guy posts a bunch of scores that favor a guy by 1 or 2 points to support his belief in a robbery. this aint rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i dont even think he gets what a robbery is. i dont think many ppl on this site get wat a robbery is. it astounds me how a guy posts a bunch of scores that favor a guy by 1 or 2 points to support his belief in a robbery. this aint rocket science.
          Pacquiao/Marquez I&II....as close as you can get !!
          But i know you're a Floyd guy, so i'll not spend a lot of words with you !!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Robbery and ducking are the two most over abused words on this board, especially by stans and those who are really late to the game. I get he hates floyd and because of it he feels floyd lost. SO any scorecard saying floyd lost is ok by him.

I don't hate manny but I think he lost those fights based on what happened in the ring. I'm not trashing judges or saying robbery, I just think JMM won. Seems like a lot of other do to.

Comment

Pacquiao/Marquez I&II....as close as you can get !!
              But i know you're a Floyd guy, so i'll not spend a lot of words with you !!
              Funny, you don't have a problem with close decisions when your guy wins. I should've listened to Stanley Ketchel!

Comment

So if i bring more samples, am i right ? Don't get it !!
                You say he won a close decision, and evrybody but the official judges saw it otherwise!!

There's NO WAY IN HELL, a fighter can win a decision to Floyd in Las Vegas...
                And you know that !!

Why he refuses to fight outside of Vegas?

Comment

So if i bring more samples, am i right ? Don't get it !!
                  You say he won a close decision, and evrybody but the official judges saw it otherwise!!

There's NO WAY IN HELL, a fighter can win a decision to Floyd in Las Vegas...
                  And you know that !!

Why he refuses to fight outside of Vegas?
                  Four sources from the same website is not everybody. can you give me a close decision other than CAstillo1?

Comment

Funny, you don't have a problem with close decisions when your guy wins. I should've listened to Stanley Ketchel!
                    Well... if you say Mayweather won a close decision to Castillo, maybe you should have done that !!

Official judges didn't saw that so close !! But i guess you agree with them right.

Official scores:
                    Anek Hongtongkam, Thailand: 116-111 Mayweather close ?
                    John Keane, England: 115-111 Mayweather close ?
                    Jerry Roth, Nevada: 115-111 Mayweather close ?

Comment

Four sources from the same website is not everybody. can you give me a close decision other than CAstillo1?
                      From who ??
                      A punched and battered Gatti ?
                      A "dominant and solid" champion Baldomir ?
                      Chop Chop Corley ?

Pacquiao fought a prime Marquez, at his natural weight !!
                      Morales, Barrera....

Floyd ???

Comment

Working...
                      X