I think lots of boxing fans are mad Kimbo DESTROYED Sugar Ray Mercer in the stand-up and then choked him out. Kimbo took everything Mercer had in him and executed the gameplan, outstruck and out choked Mercer
Kimbo Slice on "Star Power" Undercard?
Collapse
-
-
50 year old Mercer didnt have a lot left in him to take.
Kimbo is a joke i dont want to se him on a ppv undercard.Comment
-
Comment
-
You must be this guy.

"That little dude with pink highlights in his hair just KTFO my daddy!"
I apologize. You must be one of the 1% of MMA fans who thought he was going to be the next UFC Champ.Comment
-
Kimbo Slice is the Heavyweight Messiah!
Comment
-
you do realize that Kimbo threw that fight.....from what ive heard. I heard he threw alot of money on him losing and lost and almost went to jail for it,
read the newsComment
-
I had a pretty big hunch that you are a troll. This confirms it. Thanks for such an enjoyable conversation.Comment
-
here go you dummy
by Hillary LaClair, Senior Editor
The recent MMA match between Kimbo Slice and Seth Petruzelli, in which a previously undefeated Kimbo was taken down in a mere 14 seconds, has stirred a great deal of controversy this week. Accusations are swarming that the fight was fixed, and evidence has arisen that would suggest the same. If it is found that EliteXC is guilty of foul play, it could change mixed martial arts as the sports betting community knows it.
In perhaps the boldest criticism of EliteXC to date, Michael Wilbon told listeners on ESPN’s ‘Pardon the Interruption’ that he was convinced that last Saturday’s fight was fixed. “That was a more phantom punch than Ali had to knock out Liston in that fight in 1965,” said Wilbon, referring to the jab that brought Kimbo to the canvas. “Kimbo Slice, your boy, is a fraud.”
To which Wilbon’s on-air partner Dan Le Batard replied, “Are you saying it was fixed?”
Wilbon answered, quite frankly, “Yes.”
Insisting that MMA is a legitimate sport, popular among young men, Le Batard added, “That was not fixed, Mike.”
Wilbon would not be convinced otherwise, however, continuing, “It was fixed. Wrestling was fixed, I loved it all my life. It was fixed.”
The argument continued for some time between the two, and as Le Batard vehemently tried to defend to legitimacy of EliteXC and mixed martial arts, Wilbon told him, “Danny, you don’t want to defend this because your credibility will be at stake. He’s a fraud, it’s a fraud, get off the stage.”
During the next commercial break, when Wilbon was asked to elaborate, he commented, “I don’t know what Kimbo’s ties are. Kimbo still could have taken a dive while others are trying to prop him up. He could have gotten paid.”
Of course, nothing was said that the online sports betting community wasn’t thinking from the moment Shamrock was taken out of the equation. These harsh accusations are backed by evidence that arouse earlier in the week, however, where Petruzelli admitted that he was paid by promoters to stand up and trade punches with Slice rather than take a more logical course of action; knowing that Petruzelli would not hold up in a solid boxing match, his logical plan should have been to take him to the ground.
“My original plan was to throw out push kicks, they’re called teeps, have him think that I’m going to throw them to try to rush in more, and then shoot in on him, obviously… but the promoters kinda hinted to me, and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down, let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”
Petruzelli later claimed that his comments were taken out of context. However, if these allegations are true, online sportsbooks may see MMA ripped right from their roster. Rumors are circulating that the Florida State Athletic Commission may investigate the fight. If anything were found, it could mean the end of EliteXC.Comment
-
Comment


Comment