Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tua's Promoter: The Loss Cost David a Klitschko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care if he's Samoan; this isn't the NFL. If he can't take his weight and fitness seriously then he should retire. It took him 5 rounds to get around to doing anything because he was so damn out of shape.

Saying that; it was a great fight. I was AMAZED Monte got up from what should have been a KO highlight reel knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      David Tua's loss to Monte Barrett in Auckland on Saturday night may have cost him more than just his WBO Asia-Pacific and Oriental titles. Speaking to media after the fight Tua's promoter Cedric Kushner revealed that he had been in talks to secure a fight with WBC World Heavyweight Champion Vitali Klitschko.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Kushner may have been in talks with VK but I'd bet the talk was all on his side. I can't see either Klitschko, fighting a guy nearly a foot shorter, who has NO WAY of even getting near enought to connect with a single punch. The way they wouldn't fight Holyfield, is the same way they wouldn't fight Tua. They are too decent to take this huge advantage.

And another point. WK nearly killed Barrett many years ago and it is impossible that a win over a fighter as badly worn as Barrett today- brave and staunch as he is- would qualify anyone for a World title fight. It would make Klitschko the laughing stock of History.

Comment

You dont make sense there, if he was unfit he wouldnt be able to do anything in round 12.
        Its more like he choked in first 5 rounds, he should of done what he did in round 11 and 12 in round 2/3/4. He can take the punches easy from barret and ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
          link.. i dont remember this. and his Maori TV contract was another bad management judgement.. again. but the brothers wouldve murked him then.. murder him now.. no difference
          Search the BoxingScene archives, basically Tua was complaining he got lowballed with an offer only of a few million and it was later revealed he had a 6 fight contract with Maori TV for 350k per fight. Guess easier to fight 6 fights against bums in NZ and make the same as fighting a K bro and getting knocked out.

I would rather fight a Klitschko and get knocked out and get my paycheck. Screw going through 6 training camps to achieve the same result. Plus if he somehow got lucky he would've made like 10m in the mandatory rematch.

Comment

Tua can stay in NZ as he'll really be exposed as far as his lack of conditioning and weight pr***s if he comes to US and fight some mediocre heavies here in the worst divisiion inboxing...Tua's a jole, maybe MMA vs Toney, 2 rolly-poly's hugging each other...

Comment

The klitschko brothers would k.o. him by the fifth round.

Comment

Working...
              X