Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love boxingscene. So many hilarious characters here

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Since Bute already has the Bell center sold out and it doesnt matter his opponent he mind as well fight Manfredo because it doesnt matter anyway right? Its not like the fight is on ppv smh.
      THAT is why Bute has been fighting the Magees, Manfredos and Mirandas.

THAT is why Sturm stays in Germany and fights nobodies in his own house.

THAT is why gatti stayed in Boardwalk hall fighting Leijas and Dorins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        This is premium CABLE...not broadcast. Or even basic cable.

Premium Cable: More viewers on a particular night does not translate to more money.

Broadcast/Basic cable: More viewers on a particular night DOES equal more money.

DIFFERENT REVENUE ALGORITHM!
        They still want a high ratings and match ups that will attract more viewers. If they didnt care about that they would put any journeyman against Bute. Im done with you have a great day thinking about Pac and ppv buys.

Comment

This is premium CABLE...not broadcast. Or even basic cable.

Premium Cable: More viewers on a particular night does not translate to more money.

Broadcast/Basic cable: More viewers on a particular night DOES equal more money.

DIFFERENT REVENUE ALGORITHM!
          aight you may be right.

Ive been following your posts lately and you are much smarter than people think

Comment

They still want a high rating and match ups that will attract more viewers you stupid fuk. If they didnt care about that they would put any journeyman against Bute. Im done with you have a great day thinking about Pac and ppv buys.
            Of course you have to bail out... because you know you are wrong. Because you typed 20 posts and FAILED to explain how the money flows.

Go take a basic economics course. Dummy

Comment

Of course you have to bail out... because you know you are wrong. Because you typed 20 posts and FAILED to explain how the money flows.

Go take a basic economics course. Dummy
              Ok you're right Showtime doesnt care how many people watch the fight because it isnt ppv and the Bell center is sold out. lol i got to go ill try to reason with your dumbass later.

Comment

Originally posted by Exxpert View Post
                aight you may be right.

Ive been following your posts lately and you are much smarter than people think
                Here's how TV works.

I put on a show on broadcast/basic cable. The show draws a 20 rating. GREAT. I make a shytload of money because I charge my advertisers MORE based on the high rating.

But you need COMMERCIALS to do that.

Subscriber based services are different. Subscriptions must increase for you to drive revenue. But they ARE concerned about viewership OVERALL (long-term), just not nearly as much on a particular night or event.

The accounting rule is SOP 97-2.

That is why you see obscure documentaries or shows on HBO that draw low viewership. They are committed to doing those and it promotes the brand equity, without costing them short-term revenue.

That is why HBO can air multiple seasons of "Flight of the Conchords".

Comment

Ok you're right Showtime doesnt care how many people watch the fight because it isnt ppv and the Bell center is sold out. lol i got to go ill try to reason with your dumbass later.
                  I said "a particular night". They are concerned with viewership OVERALL. A Bute-Pavlik fight is the kind of event they may even put on a "free preview weekend" .

Now, tell me how many incremental viewers that Pavlik would add over Glen Johnson, who was in their SuperSix format and knocked out Allen Green.

If you want to talk media economics with me, bring your 'A' game.

You attended crappy schools. I can tell.

Comment

Bute pulling a duck move lol. Loosay Bootay is nothing but a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      Bute pulling a duck move lol. Loosay Bootay is nothing but a fraud.
                      And he can come back and say that Glen priced himself out.

Comment

Working...
                      X