Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were Ortiz's trainer what would the gamplan you set be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    With all due respect, you didn't really outline any game plan. You mentioned things you want him to do but you didn't really outline a GAMEPLAN.

Listen, Ortiz CANNOT box with Mayweather, he will lose and be picked apart. So your theory of "using the ring" suggests he needs to move and use angles and not allow Mayweather to counter him but that will only lead to a boring, one sided UD by Mayweather because he will just pick Ortiz apart.

This fight isn't rocket science, Ortiz needs to come in and PRESSURE Mayweather as much as he can, get inside and use that right hook, upper cut combo that he throws so well. Muscle Floyd, use his size, strength and aggressiveness to beat him.

Mayweather will NOT come forward, it's not who he is, it's never been who he is. People that buy into him standing and ****ing with Victor are falling for the BS that comes out of Floyds mouth. Floyd is a counter puncher by NATURE, it's his comfort zone and where he is most effective.

People might say, "Well he stood in front of Mosley didn't he?" Yes but Mosley isn't a pressure fighter, he can **** but he also has the speed and boxing ability to stand outside. He was very jittery with Floyd, he tried to match Floyd skil for skill from the outside and that's why he lost. His LACK of aggression is what cost him the fight.

Ortiz needs to come in and try and run over Floyd, do it for 12 rounds and Ortiz has shown he has the stamina to do it. In the 12th round against Berto he was still moving forward, still throwing extremely hard shots. Ortiz needs to take advantage of that, try and overwhelm him.
    agreed bro

Comment

Originally posted by Hassan93k View Post
      What gameplan would you put in place to beat floyd mayweather?

Lets see what everyone thinks
      ortiz has to come out fast because he can hurt wifebeater. if he hurts wifebeater, he needs to go after him and try and finish him early. But he can't allow himself to gas out otherwise wifebeater will recover and beat his ass. he's gotta let wifebeater chase him a little and set up a shot that wifebeater won't see coming.

ortiz might have to fight a little dirty to get on even footing with wifebeater, but he better watch out cause wifebeater is a dirty fighter himself and can get real dirty if he wants. I encourage ortiz to lowblow wifebeater if he ever gets in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
        - Jab. Real jabs; not these pulled jabs that purposely miss that Ortiz does. He needs to set his feet, step in, and throw that jab hard.

- Get southpaw position. Move right and try to gain a fairly significant amount of angle with your foot outside his. This will set up...

- Right hook, aimed at the shoulder while coming in to your left. He will roll the shoulder and stay there feet set so this can allow you to hold him in place and fire the straight left; if you're doing it right you will move around his shoulder and have a straight shot to the chin.

- And get the heck outta there. Don't get greedy and take punches back. Throw a small combination and MOVE.

- From a certain distance near ropes triple jab to back him into the ropes, feint left hand, HARD right hook pivoting to the right. Floyd circles off the ropes to his left away from the left and into your best punch with his shoulder down.

- If he does peekaboo defense, utilize the hook/upper right hand.
        This all sounds great. You obviously know a little something about actual boxing. Trouble is, this isn't a video game. These are two human beings, one much more talented than the other. Your plans assume that the less-talented fighter execute versus the better boxer, as if Mayweather couldn't adjust to these suggestions. If these were two athletes of similar ability, I would be more inclined to agree with your suggestions. Like Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

This fight isn't rocket science, Ortiz needs to come in and PRESSURE Mayweather as much as he can, get inside and use that right hook, upper cut combo that he throws so well. Muscle Floyd, use his size, strength and aggressiveness to beat him.

Ortiz needs to come in and try and run over Floyd, do it for 12 rounds and Ortiz has shown he has the stamina to do it. In the 12th round against Berto he was still moving forward, still throwing extremely hard shots. Ortiz needs to take advantage of that, try and overwhelm him.
        Agreed. Ortiz needs to apply high-pressure for as long as he can. Easier said than done, I know; but he'll lose the fight anyway if he doesn't. Forget about trying to outthink, out-box or out-plan Floyd. It ain't happening. Victor needs to turn this into a brawl, if at all possible. Make the fight dirty. It's his only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          This all sounds great. You obviously know a little something about actual boxing. Trouble is, this isn't a video game. These are two human beings, one much more talented than the other. Your plans assume that the less-talented fighter execute versus the better boxer, as if Mayweather couldn't adjust to these suggestions. If these were two athletes of similar ability, I would be more inclined to agree with your suggestions. Like Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

Agreed. Ortiz needs to apply high-pressure for as long as he can. Easier said than done, I know; but he'll lose the fight anyway if he doesn't. Forget about trying to outthink, out-box or out-plan Floyd. It ain't happening. Victor needs to turn this into a brawl, if at all possible. Make the fight dirty. It's his only chance.
          I have told you this before but I'm going to say it again. You are one of the FEW cats in this place that actually understand boxing and the reality of a situation.

I hate people trying to re-invent fighters as if, like you said, it's a video game. Just tel Victor to do this and that, as if it was so easy...hahaha

Mayweather has no weaknesses, the only thing I can even consider a weakness is he has trouble when really, really pressured by a bigger stronger fighter the way Castillo did to him.

Other than that, he has adjusted to counter punchers, brawlers, boxers, lefty's, righty's anything you throw at the man. His defense is one of the greatest I have ever seen and that's no exaggeration.

Vick can hurt him, there's no doubt about that. If he can hurt him, then let's hope he can finish him because Mayweather seems to recover extremely fast.

Vick's only hope is to take chances, come forward and be in the greatest shape of his ***in life to be able to do this for 12 full rounds.

Comment

get paid get out, hope he dont get too hurt.

Comment

Floyd is made uncomfortable by awkward angles and power, so ortiz has a shot. However, Floyd's style is very disheartening on his opponent. Ortiz has a quitter in him still and Floyd has the ability to beat the breaks off and dishearten Ortiz more than Maidana did, even if he doesn't score a knockdown. Chances are at the end of the fight he'll be lunging blindly forward like a zombie getting chipped down to a nub...

Pressure isn't the answer, imo. Floyd has shown the ability to endure pressure, adapt to it, and brawl with the brawlers until the brawlers are mindless zombies plodding forward into shots, and box the boxers till the boxers don't know what to do. The only thing I've seen is the one pin point shot that stumbles Floyd... that is your window. And then when Floyd does the backing up to the ropes and bending back to protect his head peek a boo style.... Slam him as hard as you can on the ribs before going up top.

Floyd has to be knocked out. Or at least down. If you let him survive you will lose when he adapts. Thats why constant pressure is wrong because it gets too predictable.. You have to surprise a fighter like Floyd and then capitalize on that one quick second that his defenses are weakened..

Ortiz will only have like 1 or 2 windows. He needs to practice quick execution and his most damaging techniques while still trying to remain relaxed and loose..

Thats my thoughts on it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                Floyd is made uncomfortable by awkward angles and power, so ortiz has a shot. However, Floyd's style is very disheartening on his opponent. Ortiz has a quitter in him still and Floyd has the ability to beat the breaks off and dishearten Ortiz more than Maidana did, even if he doesn't score a knockdown. Chances are at the end of the fight he'll be lunging blindly forward like a zombie getting chipped down to a nub...

Pressure isn't the answer, imo. Floyd has shown the ability to endure pressure, adapt to it, and brawl with the brawlers until the brawlers are mindless zombies plodding forward into shots, and box the boxers till the boxers don't know what to do. The only thing I've seen is the one pin point shot that stumbles Floyd... that is your window. And then when Floyd does the backing up to the ropes and bending back to protect his head peek a boo style.... Slam him as hard as you can on the ribs before going up top.

Floyd has to be knocked out. Or at least down. If you let him survive you will lose when he adapts. Thats why constant pressure is wrong because it gets too predictable.. You have to surprise a fighter like Floyd and then capitalize on that one quick second that his defenses are weakened..

Ortiz will only have like 1 or 2 windows. He needs to practice quick execution and his most damaging techniques while still trying to remain relaxed and loose..

Thats my thoughts on it anyway
                Here's the game plan, hit Floyd on the chin until he goes unconscious......yea that's it that's the answer!!

hahah

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I think Victor knows this better than anyone. Did you see the faceoff? Ortiz literally said he has no plan to beat Mayweather. He's just going to do what Garcia tells him.

Ortiz just needs to focus on putting himself in the best condition possible. Ortiz is going to have a higher work rate and the size/power advantage. His best plan is too just throw caution to the wind and go for the kill. And who knows, if Floyd's age has finally caught up with him, then he might actually have the ability to floor Mayweather a few times.

Comment

Swing hard in case you hit something.

Comment

Here's the game plan, hit Floyd on the chin until he goes unconscious......yea that's it that's the answer!!

hahah
                      essentially.

But you are missing the finer points, as is your usual custom.

I've seen Floyd's whole catalogue of fights, and the greatest weakness I have seen in Floyd is against single hard shots from unexpected angles making him too eager to protect the head, not constant relentless pressure.

And his back up move to the ropes protecting the head leaves him vulnerable to the body. Both Judah and Ndou suffered this mindless headhunting when he was on the ropes and his ribs were so open.. Chavez applied pressure better than anyone probably has against Floyd, barring Castillo, and he was reduced to a mindless lunging zombie in the end as I have said.

But twist my words as u like

Comment

Working...
                      X