Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
    @PhilIvey Phil Ivey

"I'm putting my money on Manny to beat Floyd"

This guy has made millions on gambling. He knows more than most experts.
    He's a pro POKER player, not gambler. If you knew a thing about poker (which you don't), you would know the difference and this thread wouldn't exist.

Phil Ivey knows probably very very little about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      so because you understand odds, chance, risk, ruin etc, you know how to handicap boxing?

No way it does not work that way. It's like saying Ivey could make money on the stockmarket because hes used to placing bets.

You have to know something that the general public does not. Otherwise you just get ****ed by the vig.
      you lost me. i'm talking about having a lot of money and betting on the favorite. like if you put 1 million on vitali over adamek, you'd get a nice return. just saying that if you have a ton of money, it's a lot easier to make money betting on favorites as opposed to going for long shots and not being a millionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
        you lost me. i'm talking about having a lot of money and betting on the favorite. like if you put 1 million on vitali over adamek, you'd get a nice return. just saying that if you have a ton of money, it's a lot easier to make money betting on favorites as opposed to going for long shots and not being a millionaire.
        My God you really don't know anything about statistics. Do you really think it's that simple, bet on the favorites and you'd turn a profit? That's laughable

BREAKING NEWS - gauze just solved sports betting.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          no you cant make money in the longterm by just betting on the favorite. The vig (as in the cut the bookmaker takes) will crush you.

you need to have an edge to make money longterm at sportsbetting. So you either need to have really good contacts that will be willing to basically feed you with money (very unlikely), or you need to know the sport better than the handicappers to punish bad lines.

I doubt Ivey falls into either category.

Comment

Ivey is the best poker player on the planet. I'd love to pick his brain for about a week.

He's also a losing sports bettor. So I wouldn't tail his picks, be it boxing, or football, or any other sport.

The guy tosses around HUGE amounts of money. He's the definition of degenerate gambler.

Comment

Just because you bet $1000, doesn't mean you know more than the guy betting $100.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                Ivey is the best poker player on the planet. I'd love to pick his brain for about a week.

He's also a losing sports bettor. So I wouldn't tail his picks, be it boxing, or football, or any other sport.

The guy tosses around HUGE amounts of money. He's the definition of degenerate gambler.
                I would place Tom Dwan or even Phil Gafond ahead of Ivey.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  He's a pro POKER player, not gambler. If you knew a thing about poker (which you don't), you would know the difference and this thread wouldn't exist.
                  I've seen all of the World Series of Poker and World Poker Tour telecasts and I play every other weekend with my friends. I have a lot of experience. You would be wrong to underestimate me.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                    I would place Tom Dwan or even Phil Gafond ahead of Ivey.
                    if we gonna geek this up, at nlhe jungleman and isildurrrr > durrrr, galfond.

what makes phil special is he can crush every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
                      I've seen all of the World Series of Poker and World Poker Tour telecasts and I play every other weekend with my friends. I have a lot of experience. You would be wrong to underestimate me.
                      Then you're just an idiot if you think this thread holds any relevance or substance.

Comment

Working...
                      X