Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if a fighter gets brutally knocked out shouldnt he try and re-match the guy who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    OK? But, at this time Prescott is not relevant at JWW. So why say he is?
    all my points prescott knocks out mccloskey..................then you will think different.

Comment

Originally posted by Prescott Army View Post
      all my points prescott knocks out mccloskey..................then you will think different.
      Until it happens then you can say Prescott is relevant to the division and even then it will be still arguable.

But, to say it before then that Prescott is relevant at JWW is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Until it happens then you can say Prescott is relevant to the division and even then it will be still arguable.

But, to say it before then that Prescott is relevant at JWW is asinine.
        So amir got destroyed by a bum? a guy not relevant in the division? So thats how good amir is? So then i guess Amir is a bum

Comment

Wisdom says that if you get knocked out, you take some time, correct the mistakes and rebuild your confidence. Then in time when the opportunity arises, Get your revenge! Jumping right back in with the guy usually ends bad.

Comment

So amir got destroyed by a bum?
            A journeyman at best I would say.

a guy not relevant in the division?
            Did it happen at 140? At that time you could say it was 2 undefeated prospects fighting each other. Since then one became top fighter in another division while the other became journeyman status.

So thats how good amir is?
            I don't follow?

So then i guess Amir is a bum
            How so?

Comment

Khan is ducking Prescott and for good reasons.

Comment

Of course the fighter should try to rematch the the guy who KO'd them but when there is legitimate fear it is very hard to get that guy to fight the other one again.

I know that Khan has improved since his brutal KO loss and Prescott hasnt exactly been on fire since then but I believe that there is a part in Khans mind that isnt comfortable with having to face Prescott again. There is real fear in there and you can tell by the way Khan talks about Prescott when he rarely does. Its almost as if Khan feels that although he is the superior boxer with superior skills, he has this doubt in his head as to wether he will be able to avoid every left hook Prescott throws at him. Hes not so sure that he can and hes dwelling on how he will take that shot when it lands and he knows it will because its a fight after all.

Maybe its not fear of Prescott but fear of the "what if he just has my number" question that I know he must think about. Psychological warfare can make fighters do things that youre not used to them doing and Prescott although not really relevant at 140 besides being relevant for the Khan KO is doing a great job of staying in Khans head. He knows he has the psychological edge so hes trying to force Khan into facing him again knowing damn well the entire time that when that moment comes if it ever comes, Khan will be afraid and worried so Precott will just come out like a monster hoping to make him fold and panic quickly.

Some people have alot of pride and want the opportunity to immediately avenge a loss but when its a brutal KO loss that shattered what you thought of yourself then it takes a special type of fighter to overcome that and Im not sure if Khan is that type of fighter.

Comment

Comment

Looool Prescott Army, you really are a sad person, you know very well you were indirectly highlighting Amir Khan here, I'm not bum-chumming Khan, but in his defence he has gone on on record stating he will fight Prescott again. At this moment in time, it doesn't make sense, Prescott got lucky in that win and since then he's been proven to be a one-hit wonder, if he does beat McCloskey, I would love to see the rematch. From an unbiased POV, I got Khan winning by UD/Late TKO. Surely having witnessed rnd 10 of the Maidana fight, that proves Amir's got a decent chin.

Comment

It all depends on how they are knocked out.

If for instance your winning the fight and are caught by a bomb which is always a possibility in the prize fighting ring then ok have a rematch.

But if your getting beaten from pillar to post and eventually get ko'd then you should not have a rematch as you will only take a beating again.

THats one thing I hate about boxing fans. If a fighter gets ko'd by a huge punch outta no where like williams vs martinez 2 then people automatically say he is shot and should retire. What people seem to forget is that anyone can get caught with a big punch they did not see.

Comment

Working...
                      X