Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: If I Hit Ward's Jaw, I'll Do Serious Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch will have a hard time finding Ward's jaw. This could be a frustrating night for him imo.

Comment

Ward is good dude...props for the Kessler win...props for taking Green's heart....I guess we can give him props for winning every round against Abe as well ....BUT at the end of the day...Froch has been there and done that....Ward and his believers will see come fight night....this board will be Cobra country for days and weeks after he's crowned the S6 winner as well as the unified champ at 168 lol....Froch is the best 168 pounder in the game imo...too bad ppl just seem to notice his flaws....dude makes up for them flaws with other better than average qualities.....Froch will beat Ward....he'll have to do a number on him though...I think anything close will go to Ward....politics and economics have no place in the sport...but it is what it is!!

Comment

Warrr froch you got this

Comment

I honestly am disgusted by Ward's style. He never really seems to land that cleanly or with good combinations. He just lands a jab or a right hand and then immediately follows it up with his head, pushing it into his opponent's head (I mean look at how many cuts Kessler had from Ward's head) or chest and then clinching with his opponent in an extremely tedious fashion.

He is obviously a good fighter as he has beaten some good opposition but I really hope we see a more of an open fight. Froch's fights always seem to be exciting with very little clinching and good open battles fought in the inside, outside against the ropes and in the centre of the ring. He also doesn't lead with his head seemingly deliberately trying to attack his opponent illegally, as Ward does.

If you go back through Ward's fights they are extremely boring. His style is not conducive to becoming a true star as per Mayweather, Pacquaio or Martinez. I truly hope Froch wins this fight as the path he has taken to get to this final not only warrants it, but I believe it would be extremely good for the image of boxing.
          Last edited by Shattered Jaw; 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I would Feel v rewarded with that indeed.

I think this calls for a WwwwwaaAaaaaarrrrrrrr Ccccccooooobbbbrrrrrraaaa!!!!!!

Comment

Froch brings excitement. Ward will run all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                I honestly am disgusted by Ward's style. He never really seems to land that cleanly or with good combinations. He just lands a jab or a right hand and then immediately follows it up with his head, pushing it into his opponent's head (I mean look at how many cuts Kessler had from Ward's head) or chest and then clinching with his opponent in an extremely tedious fashion.

He is obviously a good fighter as he has beaten some good opposition but I really hope we see a more of an open fight. Froch's fights always seem to be exciting with very little clinching and good open battles fought in the inside, outside against the ropes and in the centre of the ring. He also doesn't lead with his head seemingly deliberately trying to attack his opponent illegally, as Ward does.

If you go back through Ward's fights they are extremely boring. His style is not conducive to becoming a true star as per Mayweather, Pacquaio or Martinez. I truly hope Froch wins this fight as the path he has taken to get to this final not only warrants it, but I believe it would be extremely good for the image of boxing.
                How many of Ward's fights have you seen? Cause IMO he has fought a few different styles. Yes he did headbutt Kessler but that hasn't been a problem in many of his other fights. People making it out to be like he on some Tim Bradley type stuff when that is not the case. Ward can fight anyway he needs to win. What you find boring about Ward's fights I don't. What people find boring or exciting is all just a matter of opinion. All fighters have been in boring fights even if its through no fault of their own.

Boxing is a competition and its about winning first and looking good or exciting a very distant second. Fighters put on shows when they can but its all about winning and nothing else. A fighter is not gonna make millions be famous and always on ppv even if they always in so called exciting fights but they are 0-45. **** exciting win and if you can be exciting in winning that is just icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  10 to 50 mil on Ward.

Who's game?
                  Errrrrrrm. I got 5k on froch!!!???

It's funny because it's true!!!

Comment

I think people forget that Ward was knocked down as a middleweight.

He's now a super middleweight.

If Froch is depending on stunning Ward then that's a bad mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      How many of Ward's fights have you seen? Cause IMO he has fought a few different styles. Yes he did headbutt Kessler but that hasn't been a problem in many of his other fights. People making it out to be like he on some Tim Bradley type stuff when that is not the case. Ward can fight anyway he needs to win. What you find boring about Ward's fights I don't. What people find boring or exciting is all just a matter of opinion. All fighters have been in boring fights even if its through no fault of their own.

Boxing is a competition and its about winning first and looking good or exciting a very distant second. Fighters put on shows when they can but its all about winning and nothing else. A fighter is not gonna make millions be famous and always on ppv even if they always in so called exciting fights but they are 0-45. **** exciting win and if you can be exciting in winning that is just icing on the cake
                      Few of his early ones and from Miranda onwards.

You appear to be agreeing with my post. I said he is a good fighter (he hasn't lost in years and years so he must be) but I also said his spoiling, grappling, head-using style is nasty and often in breach of the rules (which hopefully he will be pulled up on now he is fighting out of his living room).

Comment

Working...
                      X