No announcement yet.

Pacquiao signs contract - VisionQwest not happy about it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao signs contract - VisionQwest not happy about it

8CN has learned that Manny Pacquiao against the will of newly acquired VisionQwest has signed the contract to fight Juan Manuel Marquez. 8CN sources say that VisionQwest is "upset" over the signing. Pacquiao who recently brought in VisionQwest to comb through his financial records and to advise him on business matters, allegedly has signed the contract without consulting with them first. This according to an 8CN source has upset VisionQwest, which can only lead to further issues if the two plan on further business ventures.

This type of thing is becoming common in the land of Pacquiao as the current champ has made some rather odd decisions which seem to do damage to his financial worth. Signing million dollar contracts without consulting with the very people that you have hired to protect you leads to speculations. If it's in fact true that Pacquiao has signed a contract without first consulting with his newly hired business advisers one has to ask, why?

Why would Manny Pacquiao sign a deal without consulting with the very people he brought in to help him with such a matter? BIG questions that 8CN will be chasing in the coming weeks and months.

http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...011-08-06.html

In breaking news today 8Countnews.com reached out to VisionQwest CEO Michael Lodge regarding their involvement with Manny Pacquiao and the rumor they would be leaving the Pacquiao team.

It appears that VisionQwest was ignored by Top Rank in its attempts to protect Manny Pacquiao during recent negotiations with the HBO contract and Michael Lodge CEO of VisionQwest Group sent this reply to our questioning.
    Mr. Lodge’s reply is as follows.
    “We are unhappy with the way things were done through these negotiations. We reached out to Top Rank several times and received no response. We are not dropping Mr. Pacquiao as our client. However we are reviewing all appropriate legal options to protect Mr. Pacquiao as we continue our examination of contracts and financial records that Top Rank has produced. We will continue to work for Mr. Pacquiao diligently and in the highest professional manner.”
    8CN will continue to bring you developments as they occur on the Manny Pacquiao financial issues.

http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...011-08-06.html

Comment

Because Arum will have cornered him and put sweet words into his ear in order for him to sign it.

I dread to think how much money Pac has not seen in his career... Millions upon Millions. At least Mayweather has some business sense to keep himself well kept.

Comment

let me explain something to you: MANNY PACQUIAO is a great boxer-- but he is not very smart. that is not an insult. it is the result of circumstance. manny pacquiao comes from a poor background, and he is not very educated.

so stop being surprised when he makes ill-advised financial and career decisions. capiche????

#DUH

Comment

Im sorry but this just smells like total BS.

when i first read news from this 8CN news regarding manny not signing the contract i was nervous, cause i just got tickets to the fight.
          But with some thought, i was like. How the hell has NO OTHER major reporter/site come up on this.

and then i read this, News made up to cover there asses.....plain and simple.

Comment

Yep..all Bob needs is to keep his hoe on the streets a lil longer so he can throw him in with Floyd and cash out.

Manny should of let Arum rob him hed have a longer career.

Comment

imo pac should do the same thing pavlik did a few days ago, and show arum the middle finger for screwing him over the money. pac seems to purposedly not see what his advisors have been telling him...

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
                Yep..all Bob needs is to keep his hoe on the streets a lil longer so he can throw him in with Floyd and cash out.

Manny should of let Arum rob him hed have a longer career.
                Hit the track, Manni.

Comment

Any one Else here not buy this????????

Comment

“We are unhappy with the way things were done through these negotiations. We reached out to Top Rank several times and received no response

Comment

Working...
                    X