Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Winky Wright want a rematch against Jermain Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still think he won the fight.. imo i believe it was a combo of frustration
    and his age...

Comment

I posted that a couple of days ago he could've made a lot of money it was a classic fight both fighters in their prime I did think Winky won but he should've fought him anyway but he didn't he fought B Hop and both these guys were old school at the time and B Hop took him to collage that nite and B hop graduated with top honors winky sat out for while and let his best years pass him by and fought P Will and got whipped and now he's on a milk carton missing in action.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Taylor/DiBella never offered 50-50. And i'm a Taylor fan and a critic of Winky's decisions.

Just talking out of your ass, nothing new.
        Yea, you right.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          It is false that he wanted more than 50-50. He actually wanted 50-50 because Taylor got the bigger share in the first fight, so since it was a draw, Winky felt it should be 50-50 the second time. But Team Taylor/DiBella wanted the Lion's share again. Which basically was too much, because Taylor was The Ring/WBC/WBO champion while Winky was bringing: Nothing.

Winky Wright: "50-50 Or No Rematch"

http://www.boxingscene.com/winky-wri...-rematch--6458

Even with getting the lesser split, Winky Wright turned down a guaranteed $5 Million dollars for the rematch. Which is a big guarantee nowadays, and was even bigger in 2007.
          this. with that said, im the biggest winky fan but he makes some of the stupidest business decisions ever. to turn down a 5million dollar guarantee, esp one that would have been the biggest payday in your career, is pretty astounding. only guy who was getting paid a good deal more than that at the time was oscar.

Comment

Literally every comment after the TS's original said the same thing lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
              I posted that a couple of days ago he could've made a lot of money it was a classic fight both fighters in their prime I did think Winky won but he should've fought him anyway but he didn't he fought B Hop and both these guys were old school at the time and B Hop took him to collage that nite and B hop graduated with top honors winky sat out for while and let his best years pass him by and fought P Will and got whipped and now he's on a milk carton missing in action.
              After the fight Winky seemed completely indifferent. His demeanor seemed like he didn't want another fight to me. I didn't follow the negotiations but I vividly remember Winky saying, "I don't want no rematch" right after the fight. Anyway, on the front page I saw a headline that said Winky is going to make a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                this. with that said, im the biggest winky fan but he makes some of the stupidest business decisions ever. to turn down a 5million dollar guarantee, esp one that would have been the biggest payday in your career, is pretty astounding. only guy who was getting paid a good deal more than that at the time was oscar.
                Exactly. 5 mil!? when has Winky ever made that much? He could of took that, beat Taylor, and had a trilogy where he got the lions share. SMH I liked watching Winky but his business decisions were ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                X