No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik unleashes on Pacquiao and Ray Mancini[NEWS]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by empiricix View Post
    Why would Arum divulge his arrangements with Pac with another one of his fighters who would most likely only be eaten with envy at the thought of getting way less?

Unlike Kelly and many posters here, the figures and facts I cited are based on public records and news reports from Philippine media. You can also look them up for yourself.

Pavlik IS bitter, that's why he is lashing out in the hope of making Pac doubt his own business relationship with Arum. No different from Floyd "advising" Pac that he is getting the short end of the stick with Arum.
    Arum doesnt have to, When you're in the same stable its a given that you would know exactly whats going on with other top boxers, it happens in all sports across the board, i dont care if Paq is broke or not, i know he cannot be broke but i totally believe arum is definitely screwing him out of his potential earnings, the figures that Arum is claiming that Paq generates doesnt add up to what he seems to be taking home...Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Arum doesnt have to, When you're in the same stable its a given that you would know exactly whats going on with other top boxers, it happens in all sports across the board, i dont care if Paq is broke or not, i know he cannot be broke but i totally believe arum is definitely screwing him out of his potential earnings, the figures that Arum is claiming that Paq generates doesnt add up to what he seems to be taking home...Just my two cents.
      Even ordinary businesses maintain confidentiality about their employees' respective wages in order to avoid resentment and jealousy. What more with a savvy multimillion-dollar operation like Top Rank?

I do agree that Arum makes a lot of money from Pacquiao, but if Pac is contented with what he is making, then it really couldn't be construed as being screwed.

There is a big difference between what you deserve and what gives you contentment. In the past (DLH and Hatton fights), Pac was able to demand more than what Arum (and even many fans) felt he deserved because the purse was below what Pac deemed as satisfactory. If he is not complaining now, then it is only because he is content with what he is getting.

There isn't always a need to be greedy.

Comment

More of Pavlik's rant on Boom Boom

If you think about it, okay, Harry Arroyo was a great, great champion in Youngstown. He probably would have smacked around Mancini; he probably would have. I loved Harry. Harry never once bad-talked me or says anything bad. He's happy of the accomplishments that I had. You would think that Ray would embrace me. The big thing right now, it's not so much about Top Rank. It's about Mancini going to my local paper and opening his mouth. The guy's got plenty of demons and if he wants me to, in due time, I will open my mouth and there's nothing he can do about it because I'll tell the truth about everything that he has going on in his life. Ray needs to watch everything he says. And second of all, Ray don't know anything about boxing. The guy was hand fed everything that he had in his career. I mean, being honest, I beat Jermain Taylor. I lost to Bernard Hopkins and Sergio Martinez. Bernard Hopkins made history and is a classic fighter, and Sergio Martinez is the number two pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Ray Mancini lost to Greg Haugen, Livingstone Bramble, Camacho, Arguello; he never beat anybody named. And whatever happened between him and Deuk-Koo Kim, that's his problem. He has to live with that for the rest of his life, but he got more problems than Deuk-Koo Kim. You know, Mancini goes out and parties himself, but he lives in California and nobody knows about it, so it's not a big deal. I don't think Ray had any business starting a wine company because, you know, if you keep stealing off of the top of your own product, you're going to lose money. I'm being serious.

He said that what I did, you know, the fans in Youngstown worked their ass off to make this amount of money and for me to sit here and say what I was saying...you know, it's horrible. He ran me down, and for Ray to do that, Ray's gotta watch himself. He really does. I've never in my career said one thing bad thing about Ray Mancini, about Greg Richardson, Jeff Lampkin, Harry Arroyo...I've never. I've always respected them, and for Ray to turn back around and say what he says about me; he's the only one that always does that and Ray's gotta watch his mouth because Ray's got a lot of demons and I will open up a can of worms and if Ray wants to go there, he's going to regret it. Believe me. I mean, he's got enough problems with his daughter. What he really needs to do is bite his tongue. Like they say in life, less is more. Mancini got a pass his whole entire career. He didn't want to fight Arroyo, but he's going to open his little mouth. "Oh, Kelly Pavlik did this, did that." Well, hey Ray, you're a ****ing hypocrite! You got guys like that; he had no real accomplishment in his career in boxing. Name me one big name fighter Mancini beat. Take Deuk-Koo Kim out of the picture because he killed the guy in the ring. What did he ever accomplish in his career? Every decent fighter that he fought, he got beat by. And not only that, he got knocked out! And he wants to turn back around in my hometown, where I still live, and I made more money in my career than Ray Mancini ever made; and it's nothing to brag about. I'm not saying how rich I am, but I've made more money than Ray's ever made, first of all. I made more money in endorsements than Ray's ever made. He's going off to Los Angeles and trying to be a movie star in some B-rated, class B ****ing movies. He has no acting career. He talks about Youngstown, but he wants nothing to do with Youngstown at all. That's why he moved away. And Ray's had a lot of problems in his life, a lot of big time problems that nobody knows about, worse than me; worse than Kelly Pavlik. Kelly Pavlik going to the Betty Ford Clinic and rehab would be a great story of Ray's life. Ray has a lot of demons, but I'm going to be a respectable man enough for Ray to realize the fact that if he wants me to open my mouth, I'm going to and when I do open my mouth, the public is going to know about Ray and his demons and everything else that happened in his life. So Ray should probably take one step at a time, you know. Don't bite off more than you can chew. That's the bottom line.

Comment

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Pavlik sounds delirious.

Comment

Pavlik should get out of the Youngstown area, and perhaps out of Ohio.

He may be big there and everyone talks about him, but no one besides boxing fans gives a **** about him outside of that area.

He'll be able to crap, piss, blow his nose, get drunk, bang hookers, etc..without too many people messing with him.

Comment

he thinks everyone is talking about him?.....lol.....

Comment

pacquaio is drunk right now

Comment

not so sure about this really, more like a guy lashing out and just spreading rumours he has heard

No doubt Top rank do make more than they should with pac but not even pac is that silly, he has his advisers, the guy got a 20 million guarantee for the mosley fight and it does increase every fight, with ppv figures, the 25m figure does look about right and it is also around 5m short of what he should be making since his events generate around 70-80m in revenue in total

pac is at the stage where he has defeated everyone good at top rank, he really should just leave and go on his own, negotiate his own super fights with whoever he wants

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    he thinks everyone is talking about him?.....lol.....
                    He's delusional about how famous he is.

He may be well known and talked about in his hometown, but elsewhere I doubt anyone other than boxing fans even know who he is.

Comment

Damn Kelly really went in on Pac and Boom Boom

Comment

Working...
                      X