Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Vitali vs. Prime Bowe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On their resumes you'd have to go with Bowe.

Gave prime Holyfield his 1st loss, and beat him a couple of years later. (before Holyfield beat a faded, but still very good Tyson.)

With Vitali his resume isn't as strong. Adamek is a legit win, former light-heavyweight and cruiserweight champ, but not close to prime Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
      Bowe was garbage. He's an overrated one hit wonder. He was a dumb slow punching bag who couldn't even throw a straight punch. He was totally outclassed, exposed and destroyed twice by mediocre Andrew Golota. He blatantly ducked Lennox Lewis, who was dominated and retired by Vitali Klitschko.
      You had me till that last line. Vitali was stopped by Lennox Lewis, period.
      If he had fought him again, in shape, he would have stopped him again.
      There was no point to fight the guy again. Nothing more to prove.
      Vitali put up a good fight, didn't quit that time. Good for him. But that's it.

Hoiwever, Vitali would beat Bowe by decision.
      Lewis would have knocked Bowe out again as a pro.

Comment

You can always point to Bowe beating Holyfield, but that was a one night guy against a smaller fighter who fought Bowe at the range Bowe was great at. I'd take Vitali by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          It's getting old, all that "he cheats" crap...

Show me one respectable boxing name that thinks he cheated in that or any of his fights...

Haye "he won fair and square!"
          Booth "better man won the fight!"

I understand people could be carried away to troll when they defend and glorify their fighters but when people troll to hate the fighter - something is seriously wrong.
          I believe something is seriously wrong when people thinks it's OK to blatantly break the rules and get away with it. Wlad's only defence is illegal holding, he'd be getting knocked on his ass if he wasn't allowed to. This isn't the 3,4,5 times a round holding that fighters usually get away with, it's everytime someone gets close. He's by far the worst fighter for holding in the sport.

Comment

A prime Riddick Bowe destroys vitali

Comment

You guys know Holyfield beat Bowe, right? That did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                On their resumes you'd have to go with Bowe.

Gave prime Holyfield his 1st loss, and beat him a couple of years later. (before Holyfield beat a faded, but still very good Tyson.)

With Vitali his resume isn't as strong. Adamek is a legit win, former light-heavyweight and cruiserweight champ, but not close to prime Holyfield.
                I'd much rather have Vitali's resume than Bowe's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  You guys know Holyfield beat Bowe, right? That did happen.
                  and? Chris Byrd beat Vitali, that did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    I'd much rather have Vitali's resume than Bowe's.
                    LOL Bowe was the the Heavyweight champ and beat a ATG, Vitali has never beaten anyone close and has only been a title holder never the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      LOL Bowe was the the Heavyweight champ and beat a ATG, Vitali has never beaten anyone close and has only been a title holder never the 1.
                      Bowe looked like s hit in so many fights. And impressive wins in his career boil down to Holy and that's it. Vitali has the consistency to prove his worth, unlike Bowe who was basically cut from the same cloth as Buster Douglas.

Comment

Working...
                      X