Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Boxers allowed to compete in the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    That's in 5 years time, They would probably be in their late 30's and Paq doesnt like to be drug tested....
    Floyd Joy was born
    February 24, 1977 (age 34)
    so yeah 39

and
    Manny Pacquiao was born
    December 17, 1978 (age 32)

we'll be lucky if these guys are still fighting in 2012

Comment

If Pacquiao really fights for his people and his country like so many claim, this would be the perfect opportunity to prove it! Although like someone else said, he would have to submit to actual Olympic drug testing.

Floyd already fought for his country, so I can see him getting a pass on this.

Comment

how does this work? i mean they are just going to allow pro boxers to compete under amateur rules or what? otherwise it would be difficult to do logistically during the timespan of the olympics. we know pro boxers typically have to recuperate 3 months after each 12 rounder.
        but i do see high profile boxers competing nevertheless. not pac and floyd, but some other younger prospects most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
          If Pacquiao really fights for his people and his country like so many claim, this would be the perfect opportunity to prove it! Although like someone else said, he would have to submit to actual Olympic drug testing.

Floyd already fought for his country, so I can see him getting a pass on this.
          Pacquiao would blitz Floyd in the Olympics.

But this should never happen.

But with football, basketball, tennis and the rest the Olympics have already started this slippery slope.

It has become a joke now.

This move will be a serious blow to the amateur game and maybe stop the top fighters developing.

Comment

This would be awesome, I really hope it happens(eventually).

The Olympics have become more and more of a joke, with the terrible scoring and super extra padding.
            but actually seeing top boxers compete in the Olympics? awesome.

Comment

Working...
            X