Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win, Sergio Martinez vs Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [PAWN]KLTP View Post
    Sergio, easily too. Sergio can come in at 160 and still whoop his ass. It's a horrible style match up for Calslappy, and he doesn't have the power to hurt Martinez.
    calzaghe is to active and sergio cant hurt him

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      what's the point of analyzing fantasy fights with calzaghe if you are just gonna say he's too active. yeah we know he throws a lot of punches that goes without saying but whether he wins or not depends on whether he can he land his punches not whether he throws them. just throwing punches doesn't do diddly squat especially if you are up against a guy who moves and counters like martinez. calzaghe didn't fight many of those types of guys during his career.

Comment

He wasn't suppose to hurt Cintron either.. and he basically KO'd him

He wasn't suppose to hurt Pavlik and he left him a bloody mess

He wasn't suppose to hurt Williams or Dzinziruk ...he knocked em out

i'm not trying to compare them to Cal but i'm just saying people tend to underestimate Martinez's power

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

i'm not trying to compare them to Cal but i'm just saying people tend to underestimate Martinez's power
          yeah of course he can hurt calzaghe. calzaghe falls in like a tard just like williams and martinez would land bombs on him for sure. he might not ko him but he would be able to hurt him to some extent. now calzaghe couldn't hurt martinez but that's because he punches like a girl.

Comment

did you watch the fights against hopkins and jones jr? He schooled them!

Comment

Whatever you say about calzaghe he beat top names! kessler, lacy, jones, hopkins. Martinez has a lot to do before he could be even considered in the same league as joe! Ridiculous comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
                Whatever you say about calzaghe he beat top names! kessler, lacy, jones, hopkins. Martinez has a lot to do before he could be even considered in the same league as joe! Ridiculous comparison!
                their resumes are nearly equal. calzaghe has a lot more title fights against complete cans and recycled fighters but in terms of substance it's close. jones was also completely shot when joe fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  what's the point of analyzing fantasy fights with calzaghe if you are just gonna say he's too active. yeah we know he throws a lot of punches that goes without saying but whether he wins or not depends on whether he can he land his punches not whether he throws them. just throwing punches doesn't do diddly squat especially if you are up against a guy who moves and counters like martinez. calzaghe didn't fight many of those types of guys during his career.
                  martinez isnt the hardest person to hit now
                  Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

yea he busted up pavlik and ko'd williams..but neither are even close to joes level,joe's bigger,faster and has a granite chin,dont see how martinez wins this

Comment

Martinez is very athletic and i am FAN...BUT he hasnt even fought at 168 and to say he beats the beat fighter to ever fight there is crazy

Comment

martinez isnt the hardest person to hit now

yea he busted up pavlik and ko'd williams..but neither are even close to joes level,joe's bigger,faster and has a granite chin,dont see how martinez wins this
                      maybe not but he doesn't have concrete feet like lacy and kessler which allowed calzaghe to do super windmill furries all fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X