No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson vs Cayo Early Results From Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
    Am I the only one who felt Miranda was coming on and bothering Despaigne a bit? I'd like to see a rematch because DQ's suck. Vic Drakulich did great for the judah fight but he failed for the Despaigne/Miranda fight.

Some of those shots looked closer to the belt line then the crotch, he failed with giving warnings. Plus atlas says that the protection around your crotch is steel made material. So if thats true it should protect every fighter quite good. I didn't see Rios crying when he got hit in the balls several times by Peterson.

I know Miranda hits hard but I feel fighters generally overreact sometimes. I think some fighters like quick nights because they get paid and leave early.
    Miranda was way too slow for Despaigne. The only times Yordanis got hit was when he stepped into the pocket. When he backed off and boxed, Edison couldn't reach him. Still, Despaigne seemed willing to trade with Miranda from time to time, making the fight interesting. Edison still has some power, so he stood a puncher's chance, but Yordanis was comfortably out-boxing him.

As for the low blows, Despaigne clearly played up the first one. The other two were legit. The too-quick DQ ruined what was turning into an entertaining fight. Those groin protectors prevent physical damage to a fighter's genitals, but they don't prevent pain from a full-on shot. This is known; that's why the refs will allow a fighter time to recover from a low blow.

Comment

Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
      It's funny how the referee in the fight was the same one from the khan-judah fight also involving a low blow call.
      The low blow calls in both were fights were accurate. What was not was the treatment of the ref. The Judah blow WAS low, although, since there is a good body pad right up to the beltline it should not have bothered him the way he made it out to have done. i think Judah was trying to win a fight without fighting.

Miranda on the other hand, was giving his best. He always does, although he should not be fighting at lt heavy. Makes him slow and he already was not so fast. But he WAS hitting low although not intentionally. Khan, in my opinion did hit low intentionally, as he was on the wrong side of the ref who actually didn't see the blow. A Hopkins trick. Dirrell does the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        Am I the only one who felt Miranda was coming on and bothering Despaigne a bit? I'd like to see a rematch because DQ's suck. Vic Drakulich did great for the judah fight but he failed for the Despaigne/Miranda fight.

Some of those shots looked closer to the belt line then the crotch, he failed with giving warnings. Plus atlas says that the protection around your crotch is steel made material. So if thats true it should protect every fighter quite good. I didn't see Rios crying when he got hit in the balls several times by Peterson.

I know Miranda hits hard but I feel fighters generally overreact sometimes. I think some fighters like quick nights because they get paid and leave early.
        For once i can agree with Atlas. I wrote the same thing after the Judah fiasco last week. Not only is the cup extremely strong, but the attached body pad protection is pretty good.

In the Jack Sharkey-Max Schmeling Title fight , Schmeling went to the canvas writhing in agony and basically forced the ref, who didn't see the punch, to give him the Title on a DQ, the only on in Heavyweight history I think. There was a lot of scepticism about it and Joe Jacobs afterwardss, displayed a dented cup as "proof". ouldn't have been done with a glove. It was steel even in those days, he probably hit it with a hammer. That was the talk going around anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          For once i can agree with Atlas. I wrote the same thing after the Judah fiasco last week. Not only is the cup extremely strong, but the attached body pad protection is pretty good.

In the Jack Sharkey-Max Schmeling Title fight , Schmeling went to the canvas writhing in agony and basically forced the ref, who didn't see the punch, to give him the Title on a DQ, the only on in Heavyweight history I think. There was a lot of scepticism about it and Joe Jacobs afterwardss, displayed a dented cup as "proof". ouldn't have been done with a glove. It was steel even in those days, he probably hit it with a hammer. That was the talk going around anyway.
          By the way, those protective cups are also used in cricket, and i think they were used in that sport before any other. When I was playing they were already making the cups not only from steelbut also from extra strong plastic, and I was hit directly on the cup many a time by a very fast, hard leather ball, with no hurt at all. Unfortunately, in those days we had only the cup and no thigh or other padding, so I often finished up a match with pretty hefty inner thigh bruises. THAT hurt like hell.

Comment

Working...
          X