No announcement yet.

Is Boxing the Most Athletic Sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
    I would think so boxing is more athletically demanding... only because you still see a lot of basketball players who are playing into their late 30's and although their physical ability has dropped off, they're still able to play at a high level.

In boxing, most fighters into their late 30's may be able to send the signal to their body to do something in the ring but they simply can't pull the trigger or move to spot with as much urgency as they once did. That's the only reason that I think separates boxing from basketball, and most other sports when it comes to being more demanding, athletically.
    This was your original argument, that someone88 answered.
    I've specified what i was answering to a 100 times now, and you keep going. For what it's worth (like I've said 100 times also) i named the PRIME fighters aswell.

Are you about done? Or will you try to actually refute my points instead of nitpicking?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
      What does this have to do with being athletic? I'm saying this in a general sense. When I think athletic I think speed, agility, quickness, lateral quickness, foot speed, jumping ability, etc. This is the criteria that makes one athletic imo. Do all NBA or even NFL athletes have these attributes, of course not. But imo NBA players generally displays these qualities more than athletes in other sports.
      What makes you think that there aren't as many NFL players that can't do those things considering there's more players in the NFL and the fact that I just gave you a few football players that have played basketball before?

I think it takes more talent to play basketball, by a landslide. Have you ever watched to NFL rookie combines?

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
        Good points but NFL players are stronger and faster than NBA players generally, I'm not saying they are more athletic though because NFL players focus more on strength. Lebron and Dwight are among the best athletes in the world, but my point is it's a bit debatable because the NFL has great athletes too.
        Agreed good post.

Comment

George St Pierre says that Gymnasts are the best athletes in the world. I believe him. The things they do, no other athletes can ever do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Wx7Ma-xOk

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            This was your original argument, that someone88 answered.

Are you about done?
            Did you see, Someone's response? Did you not respond to my response to Someone?

Again, not only have I provided you a specific example between a fighter and a basketball player that were the same age, but I've also provided an example of older basketball players who thrived at the highest level... and that's how it would read across the board, in my honest opinion. If you want to debate that, let's... but it's not wise because as I told you before, one sport, clearly, requires more athleticism than the other.

Comment

Did you see, Someone's response? Did you not respond to my response to Someone?

Again, not only have I provided you a specific example between a fighter and a basketball player that were the same age, but I've also provided an example of older basketball players who thrived at the highest level... and that's how it would read across the board, in my honest opinion. If you want to debate that, let's... but it's not wise because as I told you before, one sport, clearly, requires more athleticism than the other.
              The fact that you think a comparison between two specific athletes holds any barring on how it would look "across the board" is incorrect. It's too small of a sample, and you would need probably hundreds of examples.

I already refuted your claim in a previous post that remained unanswered. (other than you stating "OK FINE! Basketball takes more athleticism according to you, herp derp!!!" even when i stated in the same post i was undecided)

I can see why you're "red".
              I try to spend my time on message boards actually having intelligent discussions but you seem more eager just annoying people.

I asked you if you were done, but apparently not. To my avail, i am.

Comment

What makes you think that there aren't as many NFL players that can't do those things considering there's more players in the NFL and the fact that I just gave you a few football players that have played basketball before?

I think it takes more talent to play basketball, by a landslide. Have you ever watched to NFL rookie combines?
                Yes, I have watched the NFL combines and I've seen 40 times etc. NFL skill position players are about as athletic as they come. This is the problem when the offense and defense are on the field almost half the players on the field are lineman, whether it's offensive or defensive. How athletic are lineman? Then you've got kickers, how athletic are kickers? How athletic are two of the best quarterbacks in the NFL in Tom Brady and Peyton Manning?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  George St Pierre says that Gymnasts are the best athletes in the world. I believe him. The things they do, no other athletes can ever do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Wx7Ma-xOk
                  very possible. More feasible than most nominees in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    The fact that you think a comparison between two specific athletes holds any barring on how it would look "across the board" is incorrect. It's too small of a sample, and you would need probably hundreds of examples.

I already refuted your claim in a previous post that remained unanswered. (other than you stating "OK FINE! Basketball takes more athleticism according to you, herp derp!!!" even when i stated in the same post i was undecided)

I can see why you're "red".
                    I try to spend my time on message boards actually having intelligent discussions but you seem more eager just annoying people.

I asked you if you were done, but apparently not. To my rescue, i am.
                    I'm actually in red because I stated that Pacquiao never agreed to random testing before he fought Margarito. The poster who gave the red k said I was full of it... then on 24/7 for Margarito, it was admitted that he didn't agree to testing... then before the Mosley fight, it was again, admitted that testing was never agreed to. I don't know anything, though, Harry.

What I do know, is that you still haven't answered what fighters are in their mid-thirties and in their prime. The sad part is that you honestly believe that basketball requires more athleticism than boxing, otherwise you wouldn't troll for this long.
                    Last edited by deejd; 07-29-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
                      How athletic are lineman??
                      Pretty damn athletic. Amazing lateral movement for a man 6'6" 320lbs on the offensive line. You have guys on defense who are 300 lbs and can easily dunk a basketball.

Comment

Working...
                      X