No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage Willing To Face Mosley or Molina Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    You're assuming Bundrage "knocks off" these "young contenders." Cornelius isn't a strong champion (and that's being nice); he could drop that belt at any time, against any good fighter. If "K9" hopes to keep that strap for more than a fight or two, he has to cherry pick his opponents.
    yeah, i think k9 would lose to lara and vanes for sure. k9/mosley would be a nice paycheck for k9, but i really think he should continue fighting decent LMWs. idk, i guess it'd be a decent fight, but i have a feeling mosley could face the winner of the berto/zaveck fight. that's something i can see happening. unless mosley tries to move to 154 and face the winner of cotto/margs, then perhaps k9 can do that. but i'd like to see k9 continue fighting decent LMWs and then when he's ready, face a top LMW and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
      Good points, going off my own comments I don't think K9 beats Lara or Vanes but has a 50-50 chance against Wolak or Molina. I guess cherry picking makes sense for now and he has a good of a chance against Mosley as these other guys so why not. I hate the fact that Mosley could get another shot after a couple of poor performances.
      Bundrage is 38 years old. He's gotta make his money fast, and in the safest possible way. Fighting guys like Lara or Martirosyan is just asking for it. That's why I think "K9" is being less than honest when he says that Molina deserves a shot more than Erislandy. Sounds logical, but I don't think it's sincere. Cornelius knows Lara is a bigger threat than Carlos.

I understand about Mosely, but...it is what it is. Shane was one of the sports biggest stars at his height. As faded as he is, he's still a name. Bundrage might be in for a big surprise if he thinks the shell of "Sugar" is going to be a walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        yeah, i think k9 would lose to lara and vanes for sure. k9/mosley would be a nice paycheck for k9, but i really think he should continue fighting decent LMWs. idk, i guess it'd be a decent fight, but i have a feeling mosley could face the winner of the berto/zaveck fight. that's something i can see happening. unless mosley tries to move to 154 and face the winner of cotto/margs, then perhaps k9 can do that. but i'd like to see k9 continue fighting decent LMWs and then when he's ready, face a top LMW and see what happens.
        "Sugar" is 39 and "K9" is 38. If they were aging like fine wine, I wouldn't focus on their ages so much. These guys are too old to be thinking past their next fight. In Mosley's case, his career could be over any minute. Bundrage was never a star; so when he loses his title, he might fight a couple of more bouts as a gatekeeper.

Comment

K9-Molina seems like it could be close, no Mosley please and thank you

Comment

i don't understand why these boxers keep bringing up mosley's name and as a fan i wouldn't even watch it after what mosley did in the pac fight,the man is done,he's been done after the mayweather fight...who wants to see a 40 year old just be in there in a defensive mode,not trying to win just trying to survive the entire 12 rounds?.

Comment

"Sugar" is 39 and "K9" is 38. If they were aging like fine wine, I wouldn't focus on their ages so much. These guys are too old to be thinking past their next fight. In Mosley's case, his career could be over any minute. Bundrage was never a star; so when he loses his title, he might fight a couple of more bouts as a gatekeeper.
              any minute? man his career has been over since mayweather beat him...look at his fights afterwards..the man just doesn't have it anymore,he holds back,he's slow,he doesn't even TRY to win,just TRIES to survive the fight,i as a fan don't like to see that,man atleast try to win,throw punches,show your heart of a champ,he has none of that anymore

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                any minute? man his career has been over since mayweather beat him...look at his fights afterwards..the man just doesn't have it anymore,he holds back,he's slow,he doesn't even TRY to win,just TRIES to survive the fight,i as a fan don't like to see that,man atleast try to win,throw punches,show your heart of a champ,he has none of that anymore
                Mosley is done on the elite level, that's certain. But his career, such as it is, continues. A beating against a sub-par fighter might finally convince "Sugar" to finally hang 'em up. I agree, Shane didn't even try against Manny and did only slightly better against Floyd. But those are the absolute best P4P fighters in the world. Against guys like "K9", Mosley might summon a little of his old self. I don't blame you if you don't care to find out.

Comment

Why the fuck are you guys bitching and crying over him vs Mosley? It's not like you motherfuckers are going to pay for it coming fight night. *cough stream*
                  Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 07-28-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Mosley is done on the elite level, that's certain. But his career, such as it is, continues. A beating against a sub-par fighter might finally convince "Sugar" to finally hang 'em up. I agree, Shane didn't even try against Manny and did only slightly better against Floyd. But those are the absolute best P4P fighters in the world. Against guys like "K9", Mosley might summon a little of his old self. I don't blame you if you don't care to find out.
                    a consider mora a below average fighter and mosley looked awful there too..i don't care about people talking about mora's defense,i don't think it's that great,but mosley once again didn't do anything to try to win the fight,i think mosley if he wants to continue should do so agains average/below average fighters,don't think he deserves a big fight anymore after fighting the top two and stinking out the place

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      a consider mora a below average fighter and mosley looked awful there too..i don't care about people talking about mora's defense,i don't think it's that great,but mosley once again didn't do anything to try to win the fight,i think mosley if he wants to continue should do so agains average/below average fighters,don't think he deserves a big fight anymore after fighting the top two and stinking out the place
                      I didn't see the Mora fight. Why? Because I don't care to see Shane anymore, either. Mora's just okay. But he's much younger than Mosley and, for what it's worth, Sergio came in above the limit. Also, remember that "Sugar" owned Margarito at a point when everyone thought Mosley was done. The same "Tijuana Tornado" that pummeled the then-undefeated Cotto into submission.

I'd rather see Bundrage fight Lara or even Molina. I'm merely making the point that, against the right guy, Shane might very well go all-out. He knows the end is near. As a former star, Mosley would almost certainly rather retire than be relegated to fighting guys "beneath him." I'll shed no tears; you obviously won't, either....

Comment

Working...
                      X