Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Ortiz - The HBO face off (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just dont really care bro, I was born to do this as well

Ok, thats what they all say

Owned. 41.... u know the rest

Comment

• Originally posted by louvega View Post
      I have to agree. Ortiz ended up coming across as an unbalanced creep. Mayweather was clearly uncomfortable and deflected all eye contact to Kellerman.

I think Floyd may now think different of this fight. Victor is bigger and his act weirded him out. Floyd gets intimidated easily, he is not mentally strong. It was a strange victory for Ortiz.
      Why is Floyd going to call out a young Mexican fighter, then **** talk him and mess up his earning potential by ****ing up the PPV numbers since the Mexicans will be the ones buying this fight. You all heard Max, Ortiz is a 7-1 underdog and some have him as 8-1 underdog. I'd be worried about Floyd if he wasn't a gym rat. Not mentally strong? To create a persona where at least half the people watching hopes he gets his ass kicked is the purest definition of being mentally strong. He feeds off of the people hating on him. He's a young 34. Most people would crumble when they are singing Ricky Hatton songs in the arena. Floyd blocks all that out. He's up there with Jordan, Tiger and Serena when it comes to be mentally strong. Floyd is in professor mode and on the 17th of September, Victor Ortiz will be the 42nd to receive a lesson at the hands of Floyd Joy Mayweather.

Comment

• I don't even like Floyd, but he has no fear or respect for Ortiz. He wasn't nervous, if anything he was bored. When he asked him what his game plan was and Ortiz didn't have anything, Floyd knew he owned him. Ortiz is too green for this big of a stage.

The face off would have been better if it was between Ortiz and Kellerman. This was pretty boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
          I think the bolded portion of this post is an intelligent opinion. I agree with the Ortiz part. However, I disagree with the Floyd part. Where you saw Floyd "feel[ing] his way into the conversaton," I saw ways that he was trying to cope with nervousness (playing with water bottle, pretending that he wasn't paying attention, etc.)

To me, those were head games. You saw Ortiz sit on the edge of his seat then see a certain reaction on his face when Floyd "belittled" him towards the end. It could all be games, but then again, this could be Floyd being nervous, anxious or just having the adrenaline go through him now that he has a fight ahead.

I highly doubt that both these fighters will react the same way in about 4 weeks or so. However, what both of these guys showed in the video didn't surprise me at all. It's expected. Floyd's big comeback fight against Ortiz's biggest fight. Nerves, anxiousness, mental games and hoopla are all part of the game. I will admit that Floyd looked different at the beginning, but then went back to his usual cocky self towards the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
            You calling someone a "*******" shows that you are a fool. Plain and simple. It's an easy way out of an argument, used by internet warriors.

P.S. Please refer to my response to hhs661 to see an example on an intelligent response.

P.P.S. Notice that I didn't call him a "*****."
            first off I never called anybody a ******* you fukin weird a$$ random dude who decided to reply to a comment that wasn't directed at him lol

secondly...why the hell would I go back and look up your comment, I have no interest in what you have to say, I guess your lonely and bored that is why you just jumped in and replied for some other guy, I really have no interest in what you have to say, if I did then i would have replied to your original comment

clearly your just looking for someone to go back and forth with so I won't give you that THRILL lol sorry I don't play the whole "Pacquiao Fan vs Mayweather Fan" BS, I have a life, don't have time for those CHILDISH GAMES! You can check all my previous post I have NEVER called anyone a "*****" or "*******" on this Forum since I been on here
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-28-2011, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Its War Time. Floyd at the end starting losing his patience a little bit, getting a little anxious to stop the talking and get ta

Comment

• Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo

And realize why no Mayweather fan or bookie is seriously worried about this fight. Ortiz can one day be a great fighter, but he's up against Floyd. That's all that matters.

Comment

• As much as I want Ortiz to win, I know Floyd is probably going to kick his ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                    first off I never called anybody a ******* you fukin weird a$$ random dude who decided to reply to a comment that wasn't directed at him lol
                    secondly...why the hell would I go back and look up your comment, I have no interest in what you have to say, I guess your lonely and bored that is why you just jumped in and replied for some other guy, I really have no interest in what you have to say, if I did then i would have replied to your original comment

clearly your just looking for someone to go back and forth with so I won't give you that THRILL lol sorry I don't play the whole "Pacquiao Fan vs Mayweather Fan" BS, I have a life, don't have time for those CHILDISH GAMES! You can check all my previous post I have NEVER called anyone a "*****" or "*******" on this Forum since I been on here
                    First bold print: Check out post # 114 in this thread. "skillswin" called some users in this thread "*******s," and you replied "well i guess that explains it."

Do you understand that, you idiot?

As for everything else, it's usual garbage. You feel that you can state your opinion and criticize other opinions, but you can't argue intellectually. If you want to say what you feel, with no response, speak to a wall. Don't act like a little girl because I challenge your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      To me, those were head games. You saw Ortiz sit on the edge of his seat then see a certain reaction on his face when Floyd "belittled" him towards the end. It could all be games, but then again, this could be Floyd being nervous, anxious or just having the adrenaline go through him now that he has a fight ahead.

I highly doubt that both these fighters will react the same way in about 4 weeks or so. However, what both of these guys showed in the video didn't surprise me at all. It's expected. Floyd's big comeback fight against Ortiz's biggest fight. Nerves, anxiousness, mental games and hoopla are all part of the game. I will admit that Floyd looked different at the beginning, but then went back to his usual cocky self towards the end.
                      That's an intelligent argument. You are basically saying that it could be both ways, but it's hard to determine. Or, like this idiot "KnockUTheFuKout", you could say that others are "seeing what they want to see."

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Comment

Working...
                      X