Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Get Your Hopes Up For May/Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you be excited about khan vs judah? Judah has NEVER changed and has NEVER lived up to expectations... what were you expecting?

While ortiz shattered all expectations against berto

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If you're a boxing fan you're gonna get your hopes up for a big PPV fight, it's natural. I was rooting for Judah to beat Khan, but I predicted Khan would win and I called Judah a dangerous gatekeeper coming in to the fight, nothing more nothing less.

I got my hopes up for Pacquiao vs Clottey, so what, i'm a boxing fan. I thought it was gonna be a back and forth fight, it wasn't, too bad. I thought Marquez was gonna be more competitive against Mayweather, but I knew ultimately Mayweather would clearly win in a shut out, but sort of like Katsidis-Guerrero type of shut out, but Floyd is just too good for that.

Point is, boxing fans will naturally get hyped for fights. I'm hyped for Dawson-Hopkins even with the possibility of their styles making for a boring fight. I'm hyped for Ward vs Froch, even with their styles possibly making for a dirty fight. I'm hyped for Mayweather vs Ortiz because Ortiz hasn't been in a boring fight, he always comes to fight, and Mayweather's legs have slowed down and he stayed in front of Mosley for their fight.

i'm getting my hopes up because it's a BIG boxing event...it will be fun to watch...im not getting my hopes up for an Ortiz upset...that's just foolish...will i be rooting for Victor, yes...will i be putting money on him, hell no

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
        If Ortiz can't beat Peterson then he truely has no chance vs. Mayweather.
        I thought he should have gotten the nod against Peterson. It was a 10 round fight, Ortiz won at least 5 rounds, he also had 2 knock downs. I don't know how the judges got a draw. 95-93 for Ortiz was the least it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          If you're a boxing fan you're gonna get your hopes up for a big PPV fight, it's natural. I was rooting for Judah to beat Khan, but I predicted Khan would win and I called Judah a dangerous gatekeeper coming in to the fight, nothing more nothing less.

I got my hopes up for Pacquiao vs Clottey, so what, i'm a boxing fan. I thought it was gonna be a back and forth fight, it wasn't, too bad. I thought Marquez was gonna be more competitive against Mayweather, but I knew ultimately Mayweather would clearly win in a shut out, but sort of like Katsidis-Guerrero type of shut out, but Floyd is just too good for that.

Point is, boxing fans will naturally get hyped for fights. I'm hyped for Dawson-Hopkins even with the possibility of their styles making for a boring fight. I'm hyped for Ward vs Froch, even with their styles possibly making for a dirty fight. I'm hyped for Mayweather vs Ortiz because Ortiz hasn't been in a boring fight, he always comes to fight, and Mayweather's legs have slowed down and he stayed in front of Mosley for their fight.
          true. when it was announced that manny was fighting shane, i didn't like it.

but on fight night, i was excited as hell.

i knew manny would win but shane did have KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            i'm getting my hopes up because it's a BIG boxing event...it will be fun to watch...im not getting my hopes up for an Ortiz upset...that's just foolish...will i be rooting for Victor, yes...will i be putting money on him, hell no
            Getting excited for a big fight is a natural behavior of boxing fans. So the OP saying not to get your hopes up is telling us to do something that is uncontrollable. I'm gonna pay my $50 bucks for the fights, whatever happens happens. Sure I feel regret after a boring main event, or a main event that let me down and I paid $50 for it. But what makes me go back and pay another $50 for another PPV? It's getting your hopes up to watch a great fight, it's too natural to control. I have said "no i'm not buying that PPV", the day of the PPV comes, 1 hour before the PPV starts, aww man that's it i'm buying it. There's just no getting out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              true. when it was announced that manny was fighting shane, i didn't like it.

but on fight night, i was excited as hell.

i knew manny would win but shane did have KO power.
              Yeah, I didn't like Pac-Cotto, Pac-Margarito, Pac-Mosley...Bought all of them.

I liked Pac-Clottey and bought it, and Clottey let everyone down basically.

I don't like Pac-Marquez III, but watch me buy it. Although I have already said i'll probably buy it.

Comment

dude i know who Zab is...i've been watching him fight since he turned pro...that whole Khan debacle was smoke and mirrors...he had a nice little winning streak but just like Clottey, he fails in the biggest stages

couple that with the momentum that Khan was on, the writing was on the wall for a beatdown

it was almost fitting how he quit after 4 rounds and lived up to that reputation

dont get me wrong, put Zab in there against B-level talent, he might fool some people...but him in there against the elite, noone should be making threads as if EVERYone was fooled
                I completely agree. I saw Khan winning no doubt.

Id be lying though if I said I wasnt a little surprised by how one sided that fight was.

I didnt expect Judah to just lay down like that. I thought he might go for a big show, even if he lost, take risks and attempt show that he was in it to win. Regardless of how unlikely that would be.

That fight is right up there with Pac/Mosley in my opinion. Terrible.

Comment

Ortiz being a southpaw is the only thing making this fight interesting imo. You just can't deny that Ortiz has struggled with lesser fighters than Mayweather and Mayweather has beaten better fighters than Ortiz. There's a huge gulf in class here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                    I completely agree. I saw Khan winning no doubt.

Id be lying though if I said I wasnt a little surprised by how one sided that fight was.

I didnt expect Judah to just lay down like that. I thought he might go for a big show, even if he lost, take risks and attempt show that he was in it to win. Regardless of how unlikely that would be.

That fight is right up there with Pac/Mosley in my opinion. Terrible.

i honestly thought it would be similar to the Cotto-Zab fight where he just gets his ass whooped the whole time...the lay down was a bit surprising when it happened

Comment

no you dumb ****...im far from a Khan fan but only idiots fell for that bull****...people, probably yourself included, busted nuts after his win on Friday Night Fights...i dont even like Khan but i tried to lure billion point bets for him

Zab is a 4round fighter...and guess what? after the 4 rounds were done, he f'n quit
                      Why don't you like Amir, Mak?

Comment

Working...
                      X