No announcement yet.

Bradley is a disgrace to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    So if i understand you correctly you have to take every offer presented to you or its a duck?
    LOL'D. Pure ownage right there.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      No what makes it a duck, is the offer comming in and making out you can't fight because you are injured.

Marg was a better fighter than Baldomir, everyone knew that. Marg was a beast.

And honestly I would have taken the Marg fight, being in Floyd's posistion, because I like doing things the hard way.
      LMAO....classic

Comment

Respectfully I believe you are lying. You take the fight for the most money.

Marg was better than Baldomir but a "beast". Let's be honest and assess his record on wins and losses, not "oh floyd didn't fight him".

So if i understand you correctly you have to take every offer presented to you or its a duck?

It is if you then go on to fight a fighter of lesser ability.

Spinks and Judah ducked Marg as well.

He would have made more money from the Marg fight. The opening offer was 8 million, he made 8 mil from Baldomir as well, but if he would have fought Marg it would be closer to 10 mil he would have received.

Marg had also been chasing Floyd for a while before that and after that, Floyd also promised Marg a fight, but never made any moves to fight him.

Floyd like Bradley is a carrer boxer and will make fight choices based on what is best for his career.

Comment

bradley is too short-sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            It is if you then go on to fight a fighter of lesser ability.

Spinks and Judah ducked Marg as well.

He would have made more money from the Marg fight. The opening offer was 8 million, he made 8 mil from Baldomir as well, but if he would have fought Marg it would be closer to 10 mil he would have received.

Marg had also been chasing Floyd for a while before that and after that, Floyd also promised Marg a fight, but never made any moves to fight him.

Floyd like Bradley is a carrer boxer and will make fight choices based on what is best for his career.
            We will have to agree to disagree.

The opening offer was 8 million, he made 8 mil from Baldomir as well, but if he would have fought Marg it would be closer to 10 mil he would have received

How is this possible when Bob said he couldn't get floyd $10 mil for cotto, who was the bigger draw at the time?"

Marg had also been chasing Floyd for a while before that and after that, Floyd also promised Marg a fight, but never made any moves to fight him. Other than being a top rank fighter how was marg chaing floyd? Marg went up to 154 for santos. After he lost and floyd beat zab, then he was chasing floyd. When did floyd promise him a fight? Bob may have, but not floyd.

Respectfully when I read your posts in bold it suggests that you feel floyd "ducked" marg because you are not a floyd fan.

Comment

My personal feeling is that he should have fought Khan, but it is what it is.

FWIW, I'm sure Bradley does believe he can beat both Khan and Pacquiao. But he knows the risks and wants the bigger reward.

Comment

hes not the first guy to act like this and wont be the last. but he is a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by northernmonkey View Post
                  didn't Bradley ***** out of a fight with Maidana?
                  Other way around. Maidana b*tched out of a fight with Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Look, I am not bashing Bradley as a fighter, but be realistic. Bradleys problems have been well documented and none of this is going to be lost on any prospective promoter. Boxing is a cut throat business and Bradley is backing himself into a corner here. HBO caught a cold on the last deal they gave Bradley and they are not going to throw money at the guy.

He has shot himself in the foot in spectactular style. A smart move would have been to collect the 2 million odd for a Khan fight(almost double his previous higher earnings) and if he were to win he would be able to command the 7 million plus of which you speak.
                    I agree completely

Comment

We will have to agree to disagree.

The opening offer was 8 million, he made 8 mil from Baldomir as well, but if he would have fought Marg it would be closer to 10 mil he would have received

How is this possible when Bob said he couldn't get floyd $10 mil for cotto, who was the bigger draw at the time?"

Marg had also been chasing Floyd for a while before that and after that, Floyd also promised Marg a fight, but never made any moves to fight him. Other than being a top rank fighter how was marg chaing floyd? Marg went up to 154 for santos. After he lost and floyd beat zab, then he was chasing floyd. When did floyd promise him a fight? Bob may have, but not floyd.

Respectfully when I read your posts in bold it suggests that you feel floyd "ducked" marg because you are not a floyd fan.

Marg actually went to see Floyd in person and asked him for a fight, Floyd said it could happen at a later date.

Floyd also said last year he never fought Marg because he was cheat and loaded is gloves, something along those lines, fair enough, but Floyd didn't know that back then.

All I know I was not calling for Floyd to fight, Judah or Baldomir or Oscar, but I understand why he took the Oscar fight, but I wanted him to face Cotto and Margarito and Williams and even Mosley back then and he never took none of them.

I like seeing the big fights happen, I would have like to see Bradley vs Khan, but Bradley just like Mayweather is taking the best fights for his career.

In this order:
                      Pacquiao 147lbs
                      Martinez 154lbs
                      Khan 147lbs
                      Cotto 154lbs
                      Williams 154lbs
                      Bradley 147lbs
                      Ortiz 147lbs

Are the fighters I would have like to faced Mayweather, Ortiz is 7th on that list.

Bradley did face Alexander, what a lot of people were calling for,but even if he didn't face Khan, a match up with Maidana would have been acceptable.

Lets see what he does next, but it not going to be Pacquiao or Mayweather next, so it he did duck the Khan fight, because it was risky fight and a lost would put an end to the big pay day against Pacquiao or Mayweather.

I'm not Floyd's biggest fan, but if he fought any 2-4 of the top 5 on my list, I could not argue with and would have to respect.

People are giving Bradley a hard time for not fighting the other belt holder, Mayweather done the same not fighting Cotto, Marg of Williams.

Williams fought Marg, Cotto fought Marg and Mosley, Marg fought Williams, Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X