No announcement yet.

Bradley is a disgrace to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Look, I am not bashing Bradley as a fighter, but be realistic. Bradleys problems have been well documented and none of this is going to be lost on any prospective promoter. Boxing is a cut throat business and Bradley is backing himself into a corner here. HBO caught a cold on the last deal they gave Bradley and they are not going to throw money at the guy.

He has shot himself in the foot in spectactular style. A smart move would have been to collect the 2 million odd for a Khan fight(almost double his previous higher earnings) and if he were to win he would be able to command the 7 million plus of which you speak.
    Bradley has not heard the phrase, "one in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Bradley is a career boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Bradley has not heard the phrase, "one in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Bradley is a career boxer.
      Do you see what a precarious position he is putting himself in though?

Comment

The Marg offer came in before Baldomir, and the Floyd camp turned it down citing injury, then chose to fight Baldomir.

The Marg fight was for more money, but Floyd chose the easier fight. He made no bones about it. He said something along the lines that he was making the right moves to take him to the next level.

The Oscar fight, and a fight against Marg was risky and a lost would cost Floyd that fight and 10 of millions.

Marg was no fringe fighter and was ranked in the top 3 welters for years, once called the most avoided man in boxing.

It was a fight I was calling for at the time, and as a fan I was dispointed it didn't happen.
        He made about same fighting Baldomir. Besides, he left top rank and Bob wasn't doing business with him. I said fringe champ. It is completely unreasonable to say you ducked the 3rd best ww when you fought the lineal champ and the guy who he beat.

It was a fight I was calling for at the time, and as a fan I was dispointed it didn't happen. fine but this doesn't make it a duck.WHich road would you have chosen?

Comment

Floyd, avoiding Marg to chase Oscar for big bucks

Timmy, avoiding Khan to chase Pacquiao for big bucks.

At least Pacquiao is not a past it part time boxer and is the tougher fight for Bradley.

Bradley is chasing the the money, who can blame him really, fights Khan loses walks away with 2 million, fights Pacquiao, loses and walks away with 7million and his career still in tact with his profile raised.
          If thats how Bradley feels, why didnt he say that before instead of calling Amir Khan out then back peddling when he accepted the challenge? He tried to make Khan look like he was ducking him and it didnt work now Bradley looks like a coward for it. If he would have fought and beat Khan maybe he would have some support for being the next opponent for Pacquiao but he didnt so why does he deserve that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            He made about same fighting Baldomir. Besides, he left top rank and Bob wasn't doing business with him. I said fringe champ. It is completely unreasonable to say you ducked the 3rd best ww when you fought the lineal champ and the guy who he beat.

It was a fight I was calling for at the time, and as a fan I was dispointed it didn't happen. fine but this doesn't make it a duck.WHich road would you have chosen?

No what makes it a duck, is the offer comming in and making out you can't fight because you are injured.

Marg was a better fighter than Baldomir, everyone knew that. Marg was a beast.

And honestly I would have taken the Marg fight, being in Floyd's posistion, because I like doing things the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
              If thats how Bradley feels, why didnt he say that before instead of calling Amir Khan out then back peddling when he accepted the challenge? He tried to make Khan look like he was ducking him and it didnt work now Bradley looks like a coward for it. If he would have fought and beat Khan maybe he would have some support for being the next opponent for Pacquiao but he didnt so why does he deserve that fight?
              I think Arum has offered Bradley a chance to fight Pacquiao. There is talk of Rios vs Bradley the winner getting Pacquiao next year.

Bradley could have still fought Khan though, but maybe realised a loss would cost him millions.

And didn't want to risk it.

Comment

Can someone tell me why he turned down the chance to fight khan? I forgot! Was it because pacquiao?

Comment

didn't Bradley ***** out of a fight with Maidana?

Comment

No what makes it a duck, is the offer comming in and making out you can't fight because you are injured.

And honestly I would have taken the Marg fight, being in Floyd's posistion, because I like doing things the hard way.
                    Respectfully I believe you are lying. You take the fight for the most money.

Marg was better than Baldomir but a "beast". Let's be honest and assess his record on wins and losses, not "oh floyd didn't fight him".

So if i understand you correctly you have to take every offer presented to you or its a duck?

Comment

Looks like Floyd made the right choice though, seeing as Margo got caught using plaster in his gloves later. So yeah..............

Comment

Working...
                      X