No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Nine Lives of Zab Judah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Nine Lives of Zab Judah

By Thomas Gerbasi - My favorite Zab Judah story has nothing to do with anything he’s done in the ring over the course of his rollercoaster 14 year pro career, or even an instance when he was dealing with the media in an official capacity to promote a fight.

Instead, it took place in a ballroom in New York City, far away from the bright lights of Vegas that will shine on him this Saturday when he takes on Amir Khan in a junior welterweight title unification fight.

There was a local fight promotion putting on an event that night in 2002. It was the type of club show that had been dying a slow death in the Big Apple Judah grew up in, and it didn’t help that group after group of fight game “celebrities” walked up to the ticket table, announced their presence, and walked into the ballroom without even an attempt at reaching into their pockets as the sheepish employees bit their collective tongue.

Enter Judah, a Brooklyn favorite who has captivated the city’s fight scene since his amateur days. By this time though, he had already tasted the bitterness of defeat for the first time, having been stopped in two rounds by Kostya Tszyu in their 2001 bout. It was a humbling situation made even worse by a post-fight outburst that saw Judah put his hands on referee Jay Nady and toss a ring stool in protest of the stoppage. So to say that Judah wasn’t riding high at the moment would have been quite the understatement. [Click Here To Read More]

cant wait to see this fight warrr zab

Comment

Zab Judah

Excellent article. Amazing how zab has won the hearts of many. I really want him to ko this Con.

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Thomas Gerbasi - My favorite Zab Judah story has nothing to do with anything he’s done in the ring over the course of his rollercoaster 14 year pro career, or even an instance when he was dealing with the media in an official capacity to promote a fight.

Instead, it took place in a ballroom in New York City, far away from the bright lights of Vegas that will shine on him this Saturday when he takes on Amir Khan in a junior welterweight title unification fight.

There was a local fight promotion putting on an event that night in 2002. It was the type of club show that had been dying a slow death in the Big Apple Judah grew up in, and it didn’t help that group after group of fight game “celebrities” walked up to the ticket table, announced their presence, and walked into the ballroom without even an attempt at reaching into their pockets as the sheepish employees bit their collective tongue.

Enter Judah, a Brooklyn favorite who has captivated the city’s fight scene since his amateur days. By this time though, he had already tasted the bitterness of defeat for the first time, having been stopped in two rounds by Kostya Tszyu in their 2001 bout. It was a humbling situation made even worse by a post-fight outburst that saw Judah put his hands on referee Jay Nady and toss a ring stool in protest of the stoppage. So to say that Judah wasn’t riding high at the moment would have been quite the understatement. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by riffbox View Post
        Excellent article. Amazing how zab has won the hearts of many. I really want him to ko this Con.
        New Jersey is a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
          New Jersey is a dump.
          Sure its better then where you come from.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

A pleasant rundown on Judah which told us one thing we didn't already know..that he paid at the door for 10 ticketas when lesser lights were walking in free.

I was waiting for Gerbasi to also add that in every sentence of, say 10 words, that Judah would used about 6 4 letter or "expleted" terms. And I notice that his most recent atatements, at least the ones "attributed" to him, seem all to be in measured, modest, polite, and impeccable taste.

With "religion" I just can't imagine that Judah alsi had a miracle performed on him, or one his tongue or mind. The way he gives stastements now requires an education that I am certain he does not have, and never will have.

So I conclude that he must have a speech writer, or that the interviews are not face to face, but issued statements. HOWEVER, I like Judah's fighting, and sincerely hope that he will beat Khan. And if his sudden modesty helps, I'm all for t.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Sure its better then where you come from.
              You'd be hard put to figure out where KING KONG comes from. Considering the vile VM's that he's sent me, 23 over a space of about an hour, many using obscene, threatening terms I could only guess at, I'd say he comes from a gutter somewhere in.....where's the worst part of the world that you can think of? .......

Creatures like him make you finally decide that boxiing as a sport is dead and you could almost be excused for being ashamed to be part of the same human race that spawned KING KONG.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                You'd be hard put to figure out where KING KONG comes from. Considering the vile VM's that he's sent me, 23 over a space of about an hour, many using obscene, threatening terms I could only guess at, I'd say he comes from a gutter somewhere in.....where's the worst part of the world that you can think of? .......

Creatures like him make you finally decide that boxiing as a sport is dead and you could almost be excused for being ashamed to be part of the same human race that spawned KING KONG.

I'm from Skull Island, an unknown location on Earth. I hunt those who hold the belief that all other races are inferior to their own. You know what I'm talking about, you pathetic vermin.

I was merely responding to the hate rhetoric you were cascading on this forum, via VM and PM, so I took the initiative to take discussion off the main forum, so as to not clog up boxing discussions. You seem to have a penchant for dragging little squabbles into boxing threads, like a stupid half-wit.

Again, your posting rights should be revoked and you should be IP banned immediately for your belligerent and constant hatefulness and outright bigotry. It's not my problem that you're a little sensitive, menstruating, old fart who is totally disconnected with reality and lives in a bubble filled with bizarre ideas about other races and peoples. Now, I will say it to you again, Edgar G, get the **** off this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

KING KONG is now up to 26 VMs all on ignore, plus another half dozen from a guy called BANG A GONG whom I'd originally put on ignore. Well these 6 from "BANG A GONG" seem to have been deleted by KING KONG. Seems to me that they are the same person. Both, ignorant, illiterate gutter-rat language, and dirty, unwashed necks.

It seems that I can smell them from here, from thousands of miles away, where they spend their time lying around thinking up new kinds of torture, especially enslaving women, scratching fleas beside a date palm, and throwing rocks at the blindfolded, camel walking around in a circle, pumping up a little drinking water.....not washing water, never waste water on washing, it's drinking water.

Comment

What a dumb statement the "author" made when he said Judah nearly pulled the upset on Cotto, Judah exaggerated the effect of those low blows, especially the first one which was not all that low.

Comment

Working...
                    X