No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Judah Undercard Loaded With Rising Young Talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-Judah Undercard Loaded With Rising Young Talent

LAS VEGAS - As the summer heat sizzles in the Las Vegas desert, a group of young rising stars will take to the boxing ring in hopes of one day headlining their own Vegas card. Peter Quillin, Gary Russell Jr., Bryant Jennings, James Kirkland, Ronny Rios, Josiah Judah and Jamie Kavanagh will square off in separate non-televised bouts on the July 23 Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah undercard at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev.

[Click Here To Read More]

One of my favorite prospects in Gary Russell Jr., a Philly fighter in Bryant Jennings, James Kirkland who is always a crowd pleaser, and Quillin all on this undercard. Definetly one of the best undercards of the year.... assuming the opponents give some sort of fight rather then roll over.

Comment

why is khan being refered to as super champion even before winning the ibf strap? seems like even the wba is looking ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        One of my favorite prospects in Gary Russell Jr., a Philly fighter in Bryant Jennings, James Kirkland who is always a crowd pleaser, and Quillin all on this undercard. Definetly one of the best undercards of the year.... assuming the opponents give some sort of fight rather then roll over.
        It's not one of the best under card of the year. They're not fighting anyone of note to be called one of the best under cards of the year. All of them are showcase for their talented fighters. Maybe one of the best showcased card of the year perhaps. I know what you're assuming but I doubt that would be the case here...

Will ringtv show these fights?

And, I agree about Gary Russell Jr...Underrated prospect. Dude is going to be a beast.

Comment

excited to see Gary Russel Jr and Quillin! That is a loaded card though, PROPS TO GOLDEN BOY for loaded up the Cards for their fans even though you have some idiot Writers b!tching about Alvarez fighting on the Mayweather vs Ortiz card

Comment

Russell looks like the most talented of this bunch. Quillan is strong, but flat footed. He'll steamroll a lot of guys, but he can be boxed at this stage. Russell is a world apart in footwork, he can surround a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              It's not one of the best under card of the year. They're not fighting anyone of note to be called one of the best under cards of the year. All of them are showcase for their talented fighters. Maybe one of the best showcased card of the year perhaps. I know what you're assuming but I doubt that would be the case here...

Will ringtv show these fights?

And, I agree about Gary Russell Jr...Underrated prospect. Dude is going to be a beast.
              Well boxing undercards are now quantity over quality. Often they just showcase prospects, and this time rather then it being 1 its several. So I'm not looking at it as mind blowing fights but 4 interesting undercard fights.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
                why is khan being refered to as super champion even before winning the ibf strap? seems like even the wba is looking ahead
                Nah , just another sanctioning body ignoring their own rules . They did it so the maidana - guerrero fight could be for the "regular" WBA title. Double the titles , double the $$$$ . Same thing happened with Chris John being elevated without unifying and Gamboa winning the regular title.

Comment

Working...
                X