Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Orlando Salido, Kenichi Yamaguchi Hit Sonora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol... Yamaguchi has no chance ... I live in sonora and believe me its HOT in here hahaha if u arent used to this kind of weather u are gonna pass out quick.
    Sonora its always between 40°C and 50°C !!

I have had many friends from other places come and visit me and they almost pass out as soon as they go down the plane ... soo ... not only i think salido its stronger but i dont think a Japanese can hold it together in this kind of weather.

Comment

jealous racists

Comment

Nice to see a few people with an interest in boxing. They were even asking Yamaguchi for his autograph. Here in the U.S., most people would only take notice if it were a huge name signing autographs.

I don't know anything about Yamaguchi, apart from what I see on Boxrec. All but his last three fights were fought in Osaka, Japan, against mostly inferior opposition. This has all the appearances of a "stay busy" fight for "Siri." It makes sense; the money is in a rematch with JuanMa. Why would the Salido camp risk anything?

Comment

Yamaguchi was actually pretty entertaining in his fight with Billy Dib, until Dib hit him when he was down. He even knocked Dib down and had him in trouble for a little bit. If he fights anything like he did in the Dib fight it should be pretty entertaining while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Yamaguchi was actually pretty entertaining in his fight with Billy Dib, until Dib hit him when he was down. He even knocked Dib down and had him in trouble for a little bit. If he fights anything like he did in the Dib fight it should be pretty entertaining while it lasts.
            Wasn't that fight stopped in the first and ruled a no contest?

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
              Lol... Yamaguchi has no chance ... I live in sonora and believe me its HOT in here hahaha if u arent used to this kind of weather u are gonna pass out quick.
              Sonora its always between 40°C and 50°C !!

I have had many friends from other places come and visit me and they almost pass out as soon as they go down the plane ... soo ... not only i think salido its stronger but i dont think a Japanese can hold it together in this kind of weather.
              Do you know if its an indoor or outdoor bout? If its indoors it shouldn't be that big of a deal. He has fought in the outback before, I would think thats probably worse conditions. Regardless of conditions though, he is being brought to put on a good show and ultimately lose.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Wasn't that fight stopped in the first and ruled a no contest?

Stopped at the end of the first due to a punch while he was already down. The NC didnt come the night of the fight as the announcer read it off as a win for Dib.

Have you watched that fight yet? Its not Torres-Holt 2 but Yamaguchi came in sprinting and winging punches. Seemed to be pretty game and confident. He had Dib down and hurt pretty good but got KD,d himself and took a pretty hard shot to the head while he was trying to get up.

Im not saying he is a world beater, im saying he makes for a more interesting fight than Likar Ramos or the kid Rafael just beat.

Comment

Stopped at the end of the first due to a punch while he was already down. The NC didnt come the night of the fight as the announcer read it off as a win for Dib.

Have you watched that fight yet? Its not Torres-Holt 2 but Yamaguchi came in sprinting and winging punches. Seemed to be pretty game and confident. He had Dib down and hurt pretty good but got KD,d himself and took a pretty hard shot to the head while he was trying to get up.

Im not saying he is a world beater, im saying he makes for a more interesting fight than Likar Ramos or the kid Rafael just beat.
                  Just watched Yamaguchi-Dib on Youtube. I'll say this for Ken, he's enthusiastic! lol That fight was a mess: repeated warnings; wild swinging; hitting while a fighter's down; Yamaguchi pushing the ref after the stoppage; shoving on both sides. Must've been entertaining if you were there with a beer in your hand....

Salido's a tough guy. If Yamaguchi comes to fight (and I don't see why he wouldn't), this might be a fun, if messy, affair.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Just watched Yamaguchi-Dib on Youtube. I'll say this for Ken, he's enthusiastic! lol That fight was a mess: repeated warnings; wild swinging; hitting while a fighter's down; Yamaguchi pushing the ref after the stoppage; shoving on both sides. Must've been entertaining if you were there with a beer in your hand....

Salido's a tough guy. If Yamaguchi comes to fight (and I don't see why he wouldn't), this might be a fun, if messy, affair.
                    My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Hey dude, you were right! The fight turned out to be fairly entertaining. Yamaguchi was weird and unpredictable. He was all over the place. Salido had difficulty finding him, at times. When Orlando caught up with him, he started inflicting some serious punishment. Kenichi's a tough kid, though; he hung in there much longer than I would've guessed. Yamaguchi didn't belong in the same ring with "Siri," but Kenichi didn't dishonor himself.

The fight's already up on Youtube. Those "Box Azteca" commentators are funny as hell. They do boxing like it's a horse race. lol The comments are pretty hilarious, too. They think nothing of goofing on a fighter. "If Yamaguchi's head doesn't hurt tonight, he's got nothing in it!" lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X