No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Green Beefs Up For Tarver, Ignores Mind Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Green Beefs Up For Tarver, Ignores Mind Games

A beefed-up Danny Green is set to come in at his heaviest weight for Wednesday's IBO world title boxing defence against American 'assassin' Antonio Tarver.

[Click Here To Read More]

I don't necessarily like either fighter but i think i'm rooting for Tarver in this one.

Comment

Ibo when did people start taking that sanctioning body serious.

Comment

Green got his azz kicked by a loser in Mundine. So I guess if Green beats RJ and Tarver, he will be an all-time great??? lol

Tarver will need a knockout to win. Green will have the judges, the ref, the doctors and his mysterious brown liquid that he drank during the BJ Flores fight!
        Last edited by adp023; 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

God, I f#cking hate Danny Green so much!

Comment

now that he has beefed up and is now a physically legit cruiserweight, maybe Green will start fighting live, ranked and legit opponents after he's done with over the hill Tarver

Comment

A close competitive fight is what I keep reading into this fight. I still think a MD or UD for Tarver though. Unless Tarver is completely deteriorated I think he can handle Green's power and outclass him offensively. But he will take rounds off with all that extra fatness.

Comment

Danny Green is just a rug rat in an adults body

Comment

Anyone who thinks Tarver is walking out of Australia with a decision is a dope of epic proportions. Tarver needs a KO and the fight hasnt even started yet.

By the way, Green is now a better boxer than he was years ago. Of course you'd have to have a clue about boxing to know that, and let's be honest, most of you have never seen Green fight more than in snippets.

Watch his fight vs Flores and compare his boxing there to how he looked 5 yrs ago. He used to be a brawler. Now he's also a boxer. Green will just outwork him in there. Tarver will be fighting in spots too often. He's too old to sustain any workrate. Trying to "sharpshoot" and counter 1 shot at a time isnt gonna win him rds in AUSTRALIA when Green will be busy in there. Use your damn heads.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                    Anyone who thinks Tarver is walking out of Australia with a decision is a dope of epic proportions. Tarver needs a KO and the fight hasnt even started yet.

By the way, Green is now a better boxer than he was years ago. Of course you'd have to have a clue about boxing to know that, and let's be honest, most of you have never seen Green fight more than in snippets.

Watch his fight vs Flores and compare his boxing there to how he looked 5 yrs ago. He used to be a brawler. Now he's also a boxer. Green will just outwork him in there. Tarver will be fighting in spots too often. He's too old to sustain any workrate. Trying to "sharpshoot" and counter 1 shot at a time isnt gonna win him rds in AUSTRALIA when Green will be busy in there. Use your damn heads.
                    Maybe if he fought outside of Australia against decent competition once in a while. Australia is softer than any other country, almost as bad as Canada for padding the records.

Once he stops feasting on bums and actually comes to Germany/UK/USA and fights a TOP 20, let us know.

or is he going to fight Paul Briggs in a legendary rematch?

Ot does he only fight 40+ year olds?

I hope Tarver schools him for staying in AUS fighting bums with padded records.

Atleast Katsidis got a brain and travelled and built his name.

Comment

Working...
                    X