Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wolak-Rodriguez II on The Cotto-Margarito Undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this will be the card to beat for action if they pull this off

wolak - rodriguez was one of the most exciting fights of the last 10 years

gotta reward guys for that

i think the rematch will be exactly the same, as well
    rodriguez knows he can hit wolak if he lets his hands go
    and wolak's best and only chance is to fight the same fight he fought last time but hope his face holds up so he can land the more meaningful punches and turn it on even more late.

it would be a great finishing touch on rodriguez career as well to finally make it to a high profile fight off of ESPN (where he's been one of the best of the last decade on the network)

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
      All the article says is "there has been some talk" about this happening. Whose been doing the talking? The networks? The promoters? The forum warriors? The blokes in the pub? The hobos in the park? The only talk about it happening is the talk in this piece.

I loved the fight and will definitely catch the sequel, but I think these guys deserve to headline a card rather than fill a prelim slot.
      I would think if it was reported on by this site it would have been talked about by people who have some say where this fight would be made.

Also I would think its better to be a undercard in MSG on HBO then to fight on Friday night fights in the Roseland Ballroom.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        I would think if it was reported on by this site it would have been talked about by people who have some say where this fight would be made.
        Yeah, always be su****ious about an article without any sources that references "talk".

Also I would think its better to be a undercard in MSG on HBO then to fight on Friday night fights in the Roseland Ballroom.
        The recent threads about Ross Greenburg, the malaise in HBO boxing and better match-making vs best fighting the best indicate a fight like this is a worthy HBO Boxing After Dark headliner. I'd prefer to see Wolak and Delvin be rewarded this way for their tremendous battle.

Comment

If this goes through they should make wolak-rodriguez as the main event and move cotto-margarito as the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
            Yeah, always be su****ious about an article without any sources that references "talk".

The recent threads about Ross Greenburg, the malaise in HBO boxing and better match-making vs best fighting the best indicate a fight like this is a worthy HBO Boxing After Dark headliner. I'd prefer to see Wolak and Delvin be rewarded this way for their tremendous battle.
            cotto margarito will be on ppv. Wolak Rodriguez should be action packed as well as the main event making it worth the 55$ what are you *****ing about. Theyr getting exposure in the process

Comment

Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
              If this goes through they should make wolak-rodriguez as the main event and move cotto-margarito as the undercard.

As if cotto-Marg I wasn't an exciting fight.

Comment

Guys like Pawel and Delvin keep the sport alive.
                I addition, after the damage of the Williams loss, we also discovered that there are very competent judges working the game.

Comment

Comment

I'm literally laughing right now, I know your joking too

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                      cotto margarito will be on ppv. Wolak Rodriguez should be action packed as well as the main event making it worth the 55$ what are you *****ing about. Theyr getting exposure in the process
                      Buddy, if you can't figure out what I'm on about - Wolak and Delvin headlining a HBO B.A.D. slot as reward for their blood and guts war - I'm afraid I can't help you. I can't spell it out any clearer.

No-one talked about putting Gatti-Ward 2 on the undercard of Tyson-Lewis so they could get more 'exposure'.

Comment

Working...
                      X