• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Williams confidence must be at an all time low right now

He has lost his last 4 fights.

Lost against Lara.
    Got KO'd hard by Sergio.
    I had Cintron winning before he Superman'd out the ring.
    Lost to Sergio the 1st time.

However much he tries to convince himself, he knows he lost against Lara.

My question is, what does that do for his confidence? To me, he looked a lil different in the fight with Lara, he was bouncing around and being active, but didn't look as confident as he always does and definitely can't take a punch like he used to.

I would tell P.Will to quit if I was in his inner circle, good things will not happen if he continues. Hes made his money, time to invest and move on.

Nah he was a LOT lower in the few seconds after Sergio landed that right hand

His face was stuck to the canvas ffs

Can't get any lower than that

Comment

he should do what any fighter that loses does; get a tattoo

Comment

It might be at a low but he didnt lose his last 4 fights.

The first Sergio fight was close, some people had him losing but he got the win. It wasn't a robbery it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

And if you're gonna give **** about the Lara fight being a robbery dont even try and tell me he lost against Cintron.

Comment

I had Williams winning the first fight against Martinez and it's irrelevant what happened with Cintron... The guy is a joke and actually leapt out of the ring to avoid The Punisher.

Comment

hope Williams keeps losing
            maybe Milton will fuck off then

Comment

When I was watching it with some friends, they all said Williams looked different against Lara. I didnt notice it too much though.

I didnt say P.will-Martinez I was a robbery, it was a close, but clear (IMO) decision for Sergio.

I also felt Cintron was landing some leather before that farce ended.

Williams is very lucky he has Goossen and Al Haymon on his side, these guys are very shady, but powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah View Post
                He has lost his last 4 fights.

Lost against Lara.
                Got KO'd hard by Sergio.
                I had Cintron winning before he Superman'd out the ring.
                Lost to Sergio the 1st time.

However much he tries to convince himself, he knows he lost against Lara.

My question is, what does that do for his confidence? To me, he looked a lil different in the fight with Lara, he was bouncing around and being active, but didn't look as confident as he always does and definitely can't take a punch like he used to.

I would tell P.Will to quit if I was in his inner circle, good things will not happen if he continues. Hes made his money, time to invest and move on.
                he beat martinez, it was close but he got the decision and no matter who u personally had winning it was way too close to be called a robbery. it couldve gon either way and paul got it.

cintron? get serious, the fight was just getting started and paul was just getting warmed up. to pretend thats a loss is just silly, even if he lost every round it wouldve been silly. hes a pressure fighter who makes it rough and takes guys heart, cintron has a weak heart and breaks down in fights. we all know paul was looking to take it to him in the late rounds, paul did better than i expected early.

and how can u say he doesnt take a punch like he used to when he was never even remotely hurt in the fight? he took flush shots all night from a big puncher in lara and didnt budge. i dont think theres a single jr mw who couldve taken the punishment paul did and still be standing after 12 rounds.

paul can beat anyone from 147 to 160 he just needs to work on some technical things, his defense in particular. keep in mind he doesnt get hit as much against ortodox fighters as he does leftys, he really needs to learn how to defend that overhand left.

get that bounce back in his legs like early in his career for defense and to attack from more angles so hes not as predictable coming in. add some headmovement, use the jab, stand up tall and put his hands up more.

he needs time though, if he really wants to beat martinez again he needs to get that 2 fight plan out of his head. sergio figured him out and now the world knows how to beat him, he needs to switch it up but he has the talent to do it.

Comment

Last 4 fights?

You mean last 2 fights.

Cintron threw himself out of the ring and didn't continue fighting, why would you blame Williams for that?

Williams beat Martinez the first time, the 1 wide scorecard was stupid but to call it a robbery because of one scorecard is also stupid.

Comment

He beat sergio in the 1rst match-up. People who call that a robbery are tards. That was a legit win. I know one of the scorecards were shady because of Dan Goossen but Williams won that one fair and square. Even Martinez said Williams won it in a close on and didn't feel like he was robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X