No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    You have got to be joking! I gave Haye two rounds, and even that hurt me to do so. Man I love Big G, he packs a punch and markets a mean grill, but damn. I wonder if there is a bit of bitterness there, it seems strange that he always takes a job leading them into the arena or making vid for there ring entrances.
    I had it much along the lines of Big G's card. I thought early Haye was slipping pretty much everything Wlad threw and he was basically running everytime Haye got near him. I don't reward that on my scorecard. It probably took him 4 rounds to throw a right hand. Haye landed the only punches throughout the fight that really meant anything, even though it wasn't at nearly a high enough volume. Obviously almost no one is going to agree with me, and that's fine.

Comment

Wait, why are we listening to comments from a punch drunk fat grill spokesman?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        lol foremans a racist and a euro hater...watch
        Foreman took part in Wlad's ring entrance in the last fight, he sat on the bench with Vitali, so I don't think he hates them. I think he's just trying to draw attention to the difference b/t the way they fight now and the way he and other heavyweights fought in his era. Kinda being a dick to give himself a compliment, thats all.

Comment

I laugh at anyone who believes Foreman would lose to either Klitschko. Wlad couldn't KO a glass chinned, blown-up cruiserweight in Haye and Vitali got his face ripped to shreds by a overweight, pat it Lewis and couldnt even KO a shot to pieces Briggs.

Comment

"The reason why he’s reluctant is because he has a weak chin. He’s always trying to protect that chin."

More than simply that George, Wlad fights the way he does because he is trying to protect his demonstrably questionable stamina, which has let him down in the past with disastrous results. Certainly George, you can relate to that at least in your first career. Wlad does not want a repeat of that so he fights at the most relaxed pace possible, based on what is in front of him in terms of his opponent. I think in the Haye fight, he was experiencing some subtle stamina issues early and realized he would need to relax and not push too hard if he wanted to avoid falling apart like he did against Brewster and Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
              I laugh at anyone who believes Foreman would lose to either Klitschko. Wlad couldn't KO a glass chinned, blown-up cruiserweight in Haye and Vitali got his face ripped to shreds by a overweight, pat it Lewis and couldnt even KO a shot to pieces Briggs.
              This...................... If Wlad was scared to go for the KO against Haye, he would have been terrified of Foreman.

Comment

wlad is an incredible athlete with enough skills to use that athleticism, but he lacks courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                  Wait, why are we listening to comments from a punch drunk fat grill spokesman?
                  because he's a sombody, unlike you, a nobody

Comment

Since he beat Sam Peter the first time almost six years ago,Wlad had fought eleven times.Only two of those eleven were not ranked in the top ten at the time Wladimir fought them.Austin was a mandatory contender,and Hasim Rahman was a replacement for Povetkin,who shamefully avoided Wladimir - despite being the mandatory contender - for two years.

That's the type of run that George Foreman never had.The likes of George Foreman and Joe Frazier would rather cherry pick,fight unranked contenders and would never have dared to attempt to consistently fight ranked opponents on a consistent basis.

Comment

Personally, I think "Big" George has been irreversibly marked by his Griller blurbs and his boxing output has suffered accordingly. I can't imagine ANY fighter in history (and my tops are Jack Johnson and Mike Tyson) walking through A Klitschko attack. Anyone would thing, listening to Foreman, that Klitschko dances away from his opponent around the ring just putting forth an occasional "peck'

If you look at some of his earlier fights, you will see a fighter with an unequalled attack wiht a variety of punches, fast, brutally heavy, and a wide variety, all picture perfect, and mostly impossible to avoid. As for his later fights, he fights as expediency dictates. The Haye fight was more important than any other since Peter 1, as it was the much desired means of achieving their lifelong dream, all 4 belts, to show his deathbed father, who died a couple of days later.

He just couldn't throw that away just by making a wrong move, from a false sense of bravado, and to please George Foreman. I think that the interviewer should have asked George why, after his once in a lifetime lucky KO of Moorer, a kind of Tarver-Jones, punch, he never fought a single live body for the next 3 years until losing to Briggs.....BRIGGS.............

Comment

Working...
                      X