No announcement yet.

Anyone belive Khan would get KTFO by Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
    Khan will most likely never fight Mattysse you are right but that’s the only thing in your post you are right about.

He will never fight him because he lost 2 of his last 3 fights (at least on paper) and is way down the pecking order and off Khans radar.
    I agree with ya post Khan is looking forward(s he should)right now,I think Matts lost to Judah I thought the Alexander fight was close so not mad at the decision..But styles make fights bro and Matts style is more like Prescotts then Maidana..I've never seen him fight a fighter like Prescott(a boxer puncher with power)since..And Matts is better then Prescott imo so I give him a good chance..

Comment

If Maidana didn't do it, Matthysse wouldn't either.

Comment

Same old routine people see a high K.O ratio and get excited (as unknowable boxing fans often do). Matthysse has K.Oed a lot of nobody's when he stepped up in competition he couldn't get the K.O and he wouldn't against Khan either.

I like Matthysse he is exiting and I believe he should have got the nod against Zab and most definitely against Devon, however if he did have this huge power those fights wouldn't have gone to the score cards in the first place.
        Whoooa,holdonaminute bro.Lucas is not just a plodder.he has skill.he boxed evenly with Judah & Alexander,he dropped them both & the majority of people who saw those fights thought he won them.Both decisions were contoversial.

Lucas is a boxer puncher with much more than a sluggers skill.His power is real enough to drop elite fighters with 1 blow.Knockouts don't come as easy when ur fighting world class fighters,but if U drop everone of them u've encountered that speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          His power is real enough to drop elite fighters with 1 blow.
          Judah and Alexander are not elite.

Comment

I'm amazed at how people seem to think Matthyse is a much better boxer than Maidana.

The thing about maidana is he can force people to fight his fight. He did get through to Khan in round 10 and in some spots earlier too. He lost, but it was a competitive fight. He also (even more impressively) pulled Ortiz into the trenches, broke him and stopped him. Matthyse has never done anything of ths sort.

Maidana wouldn't have let Alexander and Judah go the distance the way Matthyse did. He would have forced it better

KOing Ortiz and Hurting Khan badly in FOTY is better than Going about even with Judah/Alexander.
            Maidana > Matthyse
            Last edited by ts33; 07-15-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Judah and Alexander are not elite.
              Who is elite at 140 then??

Comment

Khan and Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                  Khan and Bradley.
                  This

You might be able to make a good argument for Maidana too. Stopping Ortiz (who has proved himself) and having a FOTY with Khan

Comment

I don’t think anyone at 140lbs can be classed as elite with the exception of maybe Khan and Bradley but I wouldn’t be comfortable in calling them truly elite at this point.

Zab has losses to people far below elite level (so should Alexander for that matter).

Comment

I don’t think anyone at 140lbs can be classed as elite with the exception of maybe Khan and Bradley but I wouldn’t be comfortable in calling them truly elite at this point.

Zab has losses to people far below elite level (so should Alexander for that matter).
                      I agree no-one is elite as such, but relative to the 140lbers, Khan and Bradley are (if you see what i mean?)

Comment

Working...
                      X