Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Manny#1ATG View Post
    I was wasted last night when I read this thread...*******s are so ridiculous, they are upset that other people didn't put Pacquiao on their own personal "most skilled of the last decade" list...
    got no problem people saying pac isn't top 5 most skilled.

but people who say pac has no skill or doesn't even deserve to be in the top 10 are ****ing morons.

i mean david haye is way more skilled than pac??

gtfo with that *****.

Comment

• Mayweather
      Bhop
      JMM
      DLH
      Calderon

People have opinions...i was never the biggest DLH fan, but in his prime he was dope! I think he's the only one people would complain about on my list. haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
        Pacquiao is very skilled that's why he is the number pound for pound Boxer in the World.
        My only problem with Pac is that with his skill set he should have had no problem with a guy like Marquez or Morales. He is clearly more talented than both men... But the fact that they were smarter than him in the ring and have great timing gave them a huge intangible against Pacman. They consistently countered him and made him look bad, more so on the defensive end. That being said, he has one of the best offensive sets I've ever seen. He has mastered his step in and out technique and included 3 punch combinations which have proven tough to deal with. His only weakness in my opinion lies in defense and outboxing counterpunchers...

Comment

• Can anyone make a list of what attributes constitute having skills? It's possible that not everyone has the same definition. Below are some questions and points to consider when anyone would attempt to define skills.

How many boxers can throw accurate punches from so many different angles? Is that not considered skills?

How many boxers can continuously throw accurate combinations for as many as seven punches in one assault? There are numerous fast boxers around but none can do it as good as Pac.

Name any small boxer with average skills and with average reach, who can neutralize and dominate bigger and stronger boxers who are also in the category of very good to elite. If skills do not play a role, then what is it?

How can a boxer with an average built, generate power in his punches if he does not know nor has he learned the technique on how to accomplish this?

Add to all of these, the ability to effectively move from side to side to baffle the opponent, the in and out movement, the effective use of feints and other small intangibles that are not easily noticed. Considering all those, would anyone still claim that this boxer does not have exceptional skills?

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
            Can anyone make a list of what attributes constitute having skills? It's possible that not everyone has the same definition. Below are some questions and points to consider when anyone would attempt to define skills.

How many boxers can throw accurate punches from so many different angles? Is that not considered skills?

How many boxers can continuously throw accurate combinations for as many as seven punches in one assault? There are numerous fast boxers around but none can do it as good as Pac.

Name any small boxer with average skills and with average reach, who can neutralize and dominate bigger and stronger boxers who are also in the category of very good to elite. If skills do not play a role, then what is it?

How can a boxer with an average built, generate power in his punches if he does not know nor has he learned the technique on how to accomplish this?

Add to all of these, the ability to effectively move from side to side to baffle the opponent, the in and out movement, the effective use of feints and other small intangibles that are not easily noticed. Considering all those, would anyone still claim that this boxer does not have exceptional skills?
            I forgot to add having great foot work.

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
              Can anyone make a list of what attributes constitute having skills? It's possible that not everyone has the same definition. Below are some questions and points to consider when anyone would attempt to define skills.

Exactly. But obviously some posters here will never agree to your post.
              They are really convince that in order to be considered "skilled" you have to be defensive minded or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radke View Post
                You have Haye, but no Pacquiao? That's surprising.
                Pac is the p4p champ for years now for a reason.
                He may not be as technically skilled as Floyd or BHop but he deserves to be in there.
                its his list, he is his own person, his list has to have pac???? are u serious???????

Comment

• Lol, normally a thread like this would only last for about 30 good post max... But becuz the TS threw in some controversy by not have the second coming on his list, it made it all the way to 126, and might even continue even more.

IN THE TS's OPINION... /thread

Comment

• Floyd
                    Marquez
                    B-Hop
                    Ward
                    Winky

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                      its his list, he is his own person, his list has to have pac???? are u serious???????
                      Am i pointing fingers? Just browse through this thread and you'll know what i'm talking about.
                      U mad? lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X