Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based purely on skill, your top 5 fighters of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by puga View Post
    he's prolly talking about pure text book skills.... and based on the ts's posts it seems that only roy and leonard should be considered...thats without the resume....JCC seriously?...
    He was a technician .....more boxing skills than Pacquiao anyway

and i'm not even a big JCC fan

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      He was a technician .....more boxing skills than Pacquiao anyway

and i'm not even a big JCC fan
      technician my ass..he got hit way more in 1 round vs meldrick taylor than pac has vs jmm in both fights....lol....pac is a boxer/puncher now with a twist, JCC was an in fighter...pac >>>>jcc

Comment

technician my ass..he got hit way more in 1 round vs meldrick taylor than pac has vs jmm in both fights....lol....pac is a boxer/puncher now with a twist, JCC was an in fighter...pac >>>>jcc
        you see we can't have a civil conversation because you say ******ed shit.

I'm only going to reply this time because i'm sure you'll find some troll response of you will somehow twist what I say....

Meldrick Taylor had the fastest hands in Boxing history ... IMO faster than Leonard and Roy Jones, Pacquiao and Camacho

now JCC was a straight forward fighter ... similar to Margarito or a Rios he went forward but he actually had head movement he could caught of the ring and knew how to utilize his punches. He was an accurate puncher

a somewhat Textbook fighter. So yes he was a technician...

Technician =/= defensive... just because he got hit with feather fisted punches by of the fastest boxers in the history of the sport does not mean he wasn't a technical boxer .

I suggest you watch more fights other than the Taylor fight.

now to adress "Pacquiao >>>> JCC" I never once said JCC was better than Pacquiao I said he was a better boxer than Pacquiao which he clearly is... he was more skilled than Pacquiao . I'm not saying Pacquiao isn't skilled. He just isn't @ JCC's level when it comes to skills.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            1. Mayweather
            2. Marquez
            3. Donaire
            4. Hopkins
            5. Haye
            haye doesn't have footwork (running around the edge of the ring doesn't count in my book) or any kind of balance. i think they're fundamental basic skills for a boxer.

Comment

• LOL so Pacquiao's skills are below par.

Comment

• David haye....

You're a joke and dont know shi t.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather Jr
                  Andre Ward
                  Juan Manuel Marquez

Honestly. I can only put 3. Because they are definite and it's large gaps between them and everyone else. Everyone else is too close together so I can't choose a 4 and 5.

Dre ward. More skill than bhop? Thats why you're burner jr. He does nothijg better than bhop, especially if we're talkijg aboit the last decade.

Comment

• Calderon
                    FMJ
                    BHop
                    JMM

The fifth slot is hard to fill as there has been a lot of skilled boxers over the last decade. However, I think I'll give it to Donaire, just because he's still an active fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      you see we can't have a civil conversation because you say ******ed shit.

I'm only going to reply this time because i'm sure you'll find some troll response of you will somehow twist what I say....

Meldrick Taylor had the fastest hands in Boxing history ... IMO faster than Leonard and Roy Jones, Pacquiao and Camacho

now JCC was a straight forward fighter ... similar to Margarito or a Rios he went forward but he actually had head movement he could caught of the ring and knew how to utilize his punches. He was an accurate puncher

a somewhat Textbook fighter. So yes he was a technician...

Technician =/= defensive... just because he got hit with feather fisted punches by of the fastest boxers in the history of the sport does not mean he wasn't a technical boxer .

I suggest you watch more fights other than the Taylor fight.

now to adress "Pacquiao >>>> JCC" I never once said JCC was better than Pacquiao I said he was a better boxer than Pacquiao which he clearly is... he was more skilled than Pacquiao . I'm not saying Pacquiao isn't skilled. He just isn't @ JCC's level when it comes to skills.
                      bro, i was joking about the about the" jcc got hit more in one round than pac in two fights' comment..but my point is pac's defense is better now than any version of chavezs, pac is easily more elusive...only thing i know chavez is better than pac is close range fighting ....oh ive seen lots of his fights...prollly all of his notable fights and a bit more...

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      wow..32 seconds of defense....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X