Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver – Is The Magic Still There at 42?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the magic wasn't there at 32 for tarver who is a bum. tarver has done nothing has no respect no fans just a joke who had a meaningless career. hope this clown gets ko's and dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by vinny2006 View Post
      Bernard Hopkins analyzed the Roy Jones/Tarver fight and saw that when Roy pressured Tarver, very rarely, he balls up and is taken out of his game plan. Any fighter that's aggresive with Tarver and has decent boxing skills will easily win the fight. Greenn will win by decision or knock out being aggresive.
      His KO of Jones was pure accident. he closed his eyes and let go, luckily connected , a pnch in a thousand, like Martinez over Paul Williams. he was never near Jones' class except with his mouth, which got him the fights. He's been living on that Jones KO ever since.

I don't know much, about Green, but I can't imagine 42 year old Tarver, who was never that good anyway, being the New Superman. This is only a "money" fight for him, and only fools would think that at 42, with a good job, he's trying to conquer to world.

Comment

tarver is a cool dude, i expect him to win.

Comment

I hope Tarver wins.

Comment

Green will win this fight, let me know if any of you want bets on this.

Comment

I can't believe this milk dud is squeezing out another million $ payday. I sure as heck did not see that coming.

Comment

Easy! Tarver Can't Beat Bernard Hopkins!

Tarver is shot, fat, puffy, just collecting a paycheck. Don't put him in the same convo as Bernard Hopkins! Have Tarver go fight Holyfield; he's looking for a paycheck too! Let the winner fight Michael Spinks; he just turned 55. In fact, Tarver can't beat Michael Spinks!

Comment

Tarver has this all day. Green is decent but Antonio has too much skill for Danny. I expect a decently close UD for Magic Man.

Comment

Both these guys are living off of lucky RJJ K.O's (tarvers was literally the luckiest BS punch in boxing history)

Tarver at least has Olympic credentials and is a decent boxer, danny is a complete bum.

Comment

does tarver actually get paid for this fight. tarver had zero following when he did try and fight every 2-3 years. my guess tarver is dead broke and his options are limited out side of being a grocery bagger or a short order cook in a diner. sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X