Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Afolabi says Wlad is discriminated against in the US because of where he's from

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm View Post
    Cry me a river, big guy.

Let Wladimir keep jabbing guys into submission in Germany. I'll keep calling him boring. White, (Eastern) European... doesn't make a bit of difference. Boring is boring.
    Call me when you get a decent hw of your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      Call me when you get a decent hw of your own.
      That doesn't even make any sense. I didn't say Wladimir wasn't good. Or that he wasn't dominant. Or that American heavyweights were better.

I said that he's boring. Because, well, he is.

He's the best heavyweight on the planet. He's boring, but he's still the best.

Oh... and Wladimir Klitschko isn't yours. He doesn't know you exist. And if he did, he wouldn't care.

Comment

That doesn't even make any sense. I didn't say Wladimir wasn't good. Or that he wasn't dominant. Or that American heavyweights were better.

I said that he's boring. Because, well, he is.

He's the best heavyweight on the planet. He's boring, but he's still the best.

Oh... and Wladimir Klitschko isn't yours. He doesn't know you exist. And if he did, he wouldn't care.
        Didn't say he was or that he would, jackass.

Comment

Didn't say he was or that he would, jackass.

Comment

Its got nothing to do with being European or white, but with being UKRAINIAN and East European. Americans don't like neither. Its a well known fact, just look at their tv shows today, none have ever featured a POSITIVE Russian/Ukrainian/East Euro character, none that I have ever watched anyway. They are always badguys, villains, thugs, sneering and mean.

EXACTLY!!! I would also point out how they even brainwash the KIDS with video games, even in those games the Russians or Arabs are usually the EVIL EMPIRE/ENEMY in all of those games like Call of Duty or what ever and you have to kill them all to defeat that game

these are things people from other countries just don't understand, they keep trying to make it about RACE and SKIN COLOR but that is not what Wlad and Vitali is dealing with

but at the same time lets not be hypocrites though, how would an American fighter do if he was to go to their country and fight for a living and try to win fans over? would they be as accepting? PROBABLY NOT!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-14-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

uh huh......

pac is ranked #1 and the guy is not only not white or american.....but the guy can't speak english.

Comment

Yes, I notice Americans constantly discriminate against Wladimir.

They discriminate against him because he is European.

Unfortunate really.

Wladimir is a top5 alltime heavyweight, and no Americans will ever admit it.

Americans take an American approach to everything, but the simple fact is boxing is a more European-oriented sport.

Americans need to learn and accept that the best boxing is happening in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  how would an American fighter do if he was to go to their country and fight for a living and try to win fans over? would they be as accepting? PROBABLY NOT!
                  Couldnt be more wrong.

Roy Jones recently fought in Moscow (being brutally KOd in 10 by Lebedev), but the fans were treating him so well.

Roy commented that he loved Russia and was a bigger celebrity in Russia than USA.

Europe does not discriminate against Americans.
                  Americans often discriminate against Europeans.

Americans on this site tend to always overrate black American boxers which later turn out to be failures (Paul Williams, James Kirkland, Danny Jacobs, Andre Berto), yet they never give respect to Wlad Klitschko.

Think about it, just last year, many american fans were rating Paul Williams above Wlad Klitschko P4P.

Do you have any idea how biased, ******ed, and discriminatory that is?

Paul Williams is a joke compared to Wlad Klitschko, hasnt accomplished 1/10th of what Wlad has. Yet American fans were overrating him.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                    EXACTLY!!! I would also point out how they even brainwash the KIDS with video games, even in those games the Russians or Arabs are usually the EVIL EMPIRE/ENEMY in all of those games like Call of Duty or what ever and you have to kill them all to defeat that game

these are things people from other countries just don't understand, they keep trying to make it about RACE and SKIN COLOR but that is not what Wlad and Vitali is dealing with

but at the same time lets not be hypocrites though, how would an American fighter do if he was to go to their country and fight for a living and try to win fans over? would they be as accepting? PROBABLY NOT!
                    Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    We all know if Klitschkos were American and possibly a different skin tone they'd be hailed as ATG. But since they're neither of those, they are frowned upon. Some of you talk as if they shouldn't even be HOF'ers. You also never give them credit when they beat their opponents up.

You also say all their opponents are fat when that is far from the truth. Most are in shape and if you go back in heavyweight history its not like all heavyweights had chiseled bodies.
                    Totally Spot On

Comment

It has nothing to do with being European, or white. It has to do with the fact that people find his fights BORING. He's not fun to watch. Just because you get a hard on for him, doesn't mean everyone does.

Look at Floyd Mayweather Jr. He's American, black, and lives in Vegas (the boxing capital of the world). Americans hate his guts.
                      Floyd is more entertaining than Wlad and not every American hate him. The thing with Floyd is he's black and undefeated for too long in some people's opinion. Go look at the list of fighters who were allowed to retire undefeated. How many are black? Exactly. Wlad is a great fighter but some consider him boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X