Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Afolabi says Wlad is discriminated against in the US because of where he's from

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ola is a fine British champion who knows the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Wlad and i mean Wlad especially goes through the samething Mayweather goes through, Thats why they do not like fighters like them, They call both of them boring, Maybe if Wlad was black maybe he would be loved more but who knows...

It would make no difference if he was black. He simply doesn't fight in the US.

Floyd is hated but for his mouth, not his in-ring performance. Only boxing extreme haters, dislike Floyd. My aunt doesn't know anything about boxing besides Tyson. She watched one episode of Floyd-Mosley 24/7 and wanted to order the fight. You see what I mean?

If Wlad and/or Vitali want that exposure and that respect, they need to fight in Boxing's Capital. I understand they want to put performances in places where their biggest fans can easily access. But you have to get over that if you want Nike endorsement popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Froch, Hatton, Pacquiao, Cotto.

Yep all Americans.
        None of them except Pac mean a thing here. The only people cheering for Froch in Atlantic City were Brits. Cotto has a Puerto Rican following, but most people here don't know who he is.

Comment

There is clearly a racist agenda against the Klitschkos and white non-American athletes in general. Black athletes, and black fans to a certain extent, in the US perpetuate and support it. Just look at all the openly racist top black boxers:

James Toney - makes racist statements all the time. Some of the more memorable ones: "There ain't going to be another white HW champion ever...White boys want be like us...Black men are clearly superior to white men (ebony magazine interview)...Those two white Russian biatches..."

Shannon Briggs - was making false racial accusations against Liakhovich prior to their fight, even though he was the one calling him a "white boy".

Bernard Hopkins - "I ain't ever going to let a white boy beat me..." prior to the Calzaghe fight plus many other statements.

Floyd Jr, Sr. and Roger - the whole f-ing family is racist; they mention race almost in every interview.

Could any white boxer who is at the same level as them in terms of fame make the same kinds of statements as them if the roles were reversed and get away it? Hellllll no. ESPN and every major newspaper would be all over that shiat - Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would holding rallies to boycott those fighters, and HBO and Showtime would have never showed those fighters, there would be a Congressional hearing on the matter, etc., etc....

Double-standards, I guess "we" just have to get used to them.

Comment

HE IS RIGHT! And I have posted that before, people want to make it about their SKIN COLOR...but that is not the CASE

sadly the Wlad and Vitali gets painted as the "BIG BAD RUSSIAN IN ROCKY 4" in the US, it is extremely IGNORANT but America is like that, but yet many of you think it is BLACK THIS AND BLACK THAT but how soon do you forget that Lennox Lewis was HATED BY AMERICANS ALSO

Lennox Lewis wasn't liked in America at all, they robbed him against Holyfield, they always talked about his "weak chin", "his era was weak", they tried to find ANY FIGHTER that could beat him...kinda like they do Wlad now but for some reason people seem to forget that, or maybe they wasn't watching boxing back then or hell maybe some of you wasn't even born then LOL

if they wer AMERICANS, yes the media would hype them up all of the way and Networks would get behind them but because they are from the Ukraine which a lot of ignorant American fans quickly would say "THEY ARE RUSSIAN", I think that is the real reason why they don't get much coverage or get the respect they should and that is SAD AND PATHETIC!

so all this CRAP if Wlad was BLACK? No if Wlad was Black he would be LENNOX LEWIS, still probably wouldn't be liked in AMERICA and by most
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-13-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Froch, Hatton, Pacquiao, Cotto.

Yep all Americans.
              Froch gets so much hate from this side of the world as well. Dirrell exposed him, he will get exposed by Ward, yadda yadda.

Hatton as well, like he doesn't belong in the HOF and stuff.

It took Pac how many fights to get to where he's at now? Much much more than most American boxers. Look how the American media is already up on Ward's nuts with only so little fights and it isn't anything special.

Cotto is a U.S. Citizen.

Comment

Would the Klitschko's be as big in Europe if they were American? and if Pacquiao wasnt Filipino, they wouldnt give a damn about him.

neither of these things are discriminatory. Its difficult for casual fans to support someone who they dont have a reason to follow, especially when none of his opponents are well known either, and he doesnt often fight in America, not in the last 3 years.
                when Wladimir WAS fighting in the US, he started to get some support here.

remember when Wladimir was asked to come on that late night show? the crowd like him. but unfortunately that was for his fight against Ibragimov, which was the most boring fight of his career. I dont think hes been asked to come back.(could be wrong.)

Comment

lol but one thing I find kinda funny though is how people "HATE AMERICAN" but yet they want America to accept their fighters while they HATE on every American Fighter

Respect is MUTUAL, you can't be disrespect but then expect people to GIVE YOU RESPECT, it doesn't work like that, I watch guys post all type of negative stuff about every other fighter and then when people post negative stuff back about their fighter, they want to make it about race and skin color and country

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                    From The Ring magazine:

The perception of the Klitschkos in the U.S. – which once produced the greatest heavyweights -- probably also is skewed because they come from Ukraine.

Imagine if the Klitschkos – tall, good looking, college educated, so successful – were American. Rest assured that any perceived deficiencies would be overlooked on this side of the Atlantic. The brothers would get much more credit for what they’ve accomplished and probably enjoy star status here.

“They’d be on the cover of all the American magazines and no one would be complaining about the heavyweights,” Larry Merchant said.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ve-some-credit
                    Last time I checked, Mayweather, who happens to be black American, is senn as boring by the public...and is ironically critiscised heavily by Larry merchant...

Last time I checked...the American public/media, are more in love with a foreign fighter named Manny...and he gets more props than Mayweather, who again, happens to be black American......

Last time I checked, Dirk Nowitski, who is white European, was the best player in the NBA last year, did the US media say that the league was weak, he just got lucky......NO, he was given his due credit

What it boils down to is the fact that Klit lovers cant take the fact that they are seen as boring..so look for the easy way out....what I notice from most Klit fans though, is they are quick to call Mayweather boring...but notice how no Mayweather fan says its racist to call Mayweather boring....

IMO, if Wlad was black American, Larry Mercjhant would HATE his guts.......he would be critisced for taking too long to finish off opponents, constantly holding, and lacking variety inn his attack...if he was WHITE american, he would be the best thing since sliced bread.......

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                      Would the Klitschko's be as big in Europe if they were American? and if Pacquiao wasnt Filipino, they wouldnt give a damn about him.

neither of these things are discriminatory. Its difficult for casual fans to support someone who they dont have a reason to follow, especially when none of his opponents are well known either, and he doesnt often fight in America, not in the last 3 years.
                      when Wladimir WAS fighting in the US, he started to get some support here.

remember when Wladimir was asked to come on that late night show? the crowd like him. but unfortunately that was for his fight against Ibragimov, which was the most boring fight of his career. I dont think hes been asked to come back.(could be wrong.)
                      There is more than 1 reason why Wlad isn't that popular and yes no notable opponents and his style has much to do with it but so does not being American too but not necessarily that he is white, remember how popular Tommy Morrison was getting without even being a top guy?

Comment

Working...
                      X