Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Cotto is 6-0 against undefeated
    fighters (wanted to point that out)
    I think Miguel is about to be 6-1 on May 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
      Do you guys remember wayyyy before Manny Pacquiao was ever considered a legit opponent let alone an actual threat, Cotto, Margarito & Williams were all supposed to be the guys who had what it took to be Mayweathers toughest opponents. We will focus on Miguel Cotto right now. Since 2007 lets see what the MOST Feared and ducked Cotto has done...

Cotto although ko'ing Judah in the 11th round he was getting busted up by the non combination puncher Zab who landed %57 of his POWER SHOTS. Zab busted Cotto up in the process of him getting knocked out. He fought to a draw with Mosley. The fight was so close many thought it was a draw or couldve went either way. Cotto was in full retreat mode at the end as well....

Then Cotto gets beat down and quits vs Margarito who is nothing but a pressure fighter who is slow. Then he gets busted up by the ultra defensive Clottey. We all know the whooping Manny put on him after that.

No way any version of Miguel Cotto from 2007 would've been any match for Mayweather....ALSO REMEMBER COTTO WASNT READY FOR MAYWEATHER IN 2005 WHEN THEY WERE BOTH CHAMPS AT 140 AND BOTH PROMOTED BY TOP RANK. I mean he wasnt ready right? So between 2005 & by the time he fought Mosley in 2007 Paul Malignaggi, Carlos Quintana, Oktay Urkal, & Zab Judah were the preparation he needed to be ready for Mayweather?? Gimme a break....

Since being smashed my Pacquiao, he FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and didnt get a Championship by winning a Vacant title when he defeated the Hard Hitting/1 Legged Yuri Foreman who has an impressive 8 ko's......I appreciate Miguel Cotto and he has had great fights but he has always been just a decent fighter and never was the elite type fighter to impose any kind of legitimate threat to Floyd Mayweather.

His best win is a disputed victory over Shane Mosley who just dropped back down to WW from 154lbs and didn't even have a title. It took him 37 fights to FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and even then the caliber of that opponent is c class at best. I respect Cotto for all that he has provided us boxing fans but just because you are a warrior and are tough in no way equates to you having the necessary skill set and smarts to beat Mayweather.

Can we all just put this particular myth to rest?

Boooooo, this crap doesn't prove JACK that Ugly Boy Floyd didn't duck Cotto or any other threats he had coming up..He has said time and time again..He fights for da love of $ and doesn't care what we the fans or haters think and you have to believe him because of his actions.

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
        Boooooo, this crap doesn't prove JACK that Ugly Boy Floyd didn't duck Cotto or any other threats he had coming up..He has said time and time again..He fights for da love of $ and doesn't care what we the fans or haters think and you have to believe him because of his actions.

PRPP
        Yet you have no evidence to prove the TS otherwise.

please gimme a timeframe of when this fight was supposed to take place?

Comment

• Cotto is a top 15 ATG

you heard it here first
          Last edited by LeG00N; 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Cotto is a top 15 ATG

you heard it hear first
            yeah as far as fighters from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              dude, Floyd ducked Cotto at 147
              he said I'll fight him but I can't make him fight me
              he wanted it, Floyd didn't
              Yeah and Khan says he wants Mayweather at 147 too... Are we going to say Floyd is ducking Khan now???

Some of you idiots are unbelievable. At least come at the *****s with, "Floyd ducked the bum known as Margarito".

Only then would you have an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                Do you guys remember wayyyy before Manny Pacquiao was ever considered a legit opponent let alone an actual threat, Cotto, Margarito & Williams were all supposed to be the guys who had what it took to be Mayweathers toughest opponents. We will focus on Miguel Cotto right now. Since 2007 lets see what the MOST Feared and ducked Cotto has done...

Cotto although ko'ing Judah in the 11th round he was getting busted up by the non combination puncher Zab who landed %57 of his POWER SHOTS. Zab busted Cotto up in the process of him getting knocked out. He fought to a draw with Mosley. The fight was so close many thought it was a draw or couldve went either way. Cotto was in full retreat mode at the end as well....

Then Cotto gets beat down and quits vs Margarito who is nothing but a pressure fighter who is slow. Then he gets busted up by the ultra defensive Clottey. We all know the whooping Manny put on him after that.

No way any version of Miguel Cotto from 2007 would've been any match for Mayweather....ALSO REMEMBER COTTO WASNT READY FOR MAYWEATHER IN 2005 WHEN THEY WERE BOTH CHAMPS AT 140 AND BOTH PROMOTED BY TOP RANK. I mean he wasnt ready right? So between 2005 & by the time he fought Mosley in 2007 Paul Malignaggi, Carlos Quintana, Oktay Urkal, & Zab Judah were the preparation he needed to be ready for Mayweather?? Gimme a break....

Since being smashed my Pacquiao, he FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and didnt get a Championship by winning a Vacant title when he defeated the Hard Hitting/1 Legged Yuri Foreman who has an impressive 8 ko's......I appreciate Miguel Cotto and he has had great fights but he has always been just a decent fighter and never was the elite type fighter to impose any kind of legitimate threat to Floyd Mayweather.

His best win is a disputed victory over Shane Mosley who just dropped back down to WW from 154lbs and didn't even have a title. It took him 37 fights to FINALLY beat an ACTUAL World Champ and even then the caliber of that opponent is c class at best. I respect Cotto for all that he has provided us boxing fans but just because you are a warrior and are tough in no way equates to you having the necessary skill set and smarts to beat Mayweather.

Can we all just put this particular myth to rest?

Is there really any more that needs to be said in this thread? Even the Pac-tards hate this fight. Mayweather vs Cotto is not any more of a challenge now to Floyd than it would have been at 140 or at the Manny-weight of 145.

I swear, Pac-tards don't know whether to bash Cotto or say he's so bad ass that Mayweather ducked him.

Comment

• Floyd retired at an interesting time in the welterweight division. If that is not ducking, I don't know what is.

Comment

• Arum is the reason this fight never happened until now. Cotto doesn't ask for any fights, just follows the company line and Floyd isn't gonna come to you. It's happening now and that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Arum is the reason this fight never happened until now. Cotto doesn't ask for any fights, just follows the company line and Floyd isn't gonna come to you. It's happening now and that's it.
                      I agree.....Cottos biggest payday ever....the moment he leaves Top Rank...coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                      X