No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Chagaev Confirmed By Teddy Atlas For Aug. 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
    Decent matchup, but one that should have happened about two years ago. Chagaev looked horrible in his last fight against Walker: he'd lost all speed and snap in his punches, and displayed all the endurance of a fifty year old asthmatic. Povetkin has spent the last two years in the wilderness, fighting the types of opponents that would make David Haye look ashamed. As a result I can't see how the winner of the match (which at this point I'd say is Povetkin) is going to be in any position to fight for the real title against Wlad. I won't be a negative nancy though. If both guys turn up for the night, we'll have a pretty interesting and technical fight on our hands.
    LOL, I think that is just a *tad* hyperbolic!

Chagaev still showed some good handspeed against Walker and a great chin -- he also looked like his training consisted of walking to the arena for the fight. I guess an 8-rounder with Travis Walker didn't motivate him to get out of bed in the morning. I take it that this fight will do the trick.

I think Atlas has messed with Povetkin's head to the point that I'm going with Chagaev in a mild upset in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Lots of interesting heavyweight fights between contenders this year, after so very few in all of 2009 and 2010.

March:

Vitali-Solis
      Dimitrenko-Sosnowski

April:

Helenius-Peter

July:

Wlad-Haye
      Chisora-Fury

August:

Helenius-Lyakhovich
      Chagaev-Povetkin
      Thompson-Chambers

September:

Vitali-Adamek
      Wow some pretty decent heavyweight fights coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
        Wow some pretty decent heavyweight fights coming up.
        The division has actually come back strong this year, though you wouldn't know it if you listen to chronic moaners like Dan Rafael, who I have lost a lot of respect for lately.

Comment

Last night I had to listen to Teddy's "Why I hate the Klit bros" monologue during Friday Night Fights. He stated something along the lines of, I am paraphrasing him, "If these two fighters were fighting at heavyweight Wlad would no longer be the champion." I thought to myself, "Did he really say that?" And yes he did while he was watching two 168 club fighters fight for the NABF title. Hey Teddy I have a better idea. Instead of you worrying about 168 pounders moving up to heavyweight why not get your own fighter, what is his name Pusvetkin, in line to fight Wlad instead of a very washed up Chagaev. Oh damn I forgot that he was in line and pussed out, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            Last night I had to listen to Teddy's "Why I hate the Klit bros" monologue during Friday Night Fights. He stated something along the lines of, I am paraphrasing him, "If these two fighters were fighting at heavyweight Wlad would no longer be the champion." I thought to myself, "Did he really say that?" And yes he did while he was watching two 168 club fighters fight for the NABF title. Hey Teddy I have a better idea. Instead of you worrying about 168 pounders moving up to heavyweight why not get your own fighter, what is his name Pusvetkin, in line to fight Wlad instead of a very washed up Chagaev. Oh damn I forgot that he was in line and pussed out, my bad.
            Seriously, you can't finding a bigger hater of the Klitschkos than Atlas, he has picked virtually everyone to beat them - Austin (yes, the guy Wlad destroyed with just the left hook), Gomez, Solis, Byrd, Brewster, Peter, Arreola, Chambers, etc. In fact, I was quite surprised that the night before Wlad vs Gayevid, he picked Wlad, but it wasn't a straight up pick, he first went on for 10 minutes about how Gayevid has a great chance to do this and that and then said "but I think Wlad win", I am sure he was giving himself an ailbi in case he picked wrong.

Back to Povetkin though - LOL, the guy passed up two chances to fight Wlad and a chance to fight for $2.5 million, so he could have his hand broken against Firtha! LOL - Teddy ruined a great prospect, he turned a confident contender into a gayevid, Povetkin was even talking about going back to the amateurs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              Teddy is a joke. Yeah, if these two no-talents on ESPN just were heavyweights, they'd beat Wlad. But right before that, Atlas said he pulled Povetkin from the Wlad fight because Povetkin wasn't ready for "what Wlad brought to the table."

Wait, I thought Wlad had no skills and all you need is to charge at him and throw punches, according to Teddy.

Teddy and his butt-boy Joe Tessitore never miss a chance to take shots at the Klitschkos -- they are so jealous it hurts.

Povetkin is crazy to have this idiot as a trainer. I have to agree with Kalle Sauerland, who despises Atlas, on that one. Chagaev is gonna beat Povetkin, who has been messed up beyond repair by Teddy.
              Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-09-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

WBA regular title? why did they not award wladimir the regular title? i swear they hand out titles nowadays like lollipops it has become a serious fucking joke 5 belts per division and then interim titles as well? no wonder people stop watching boxing why not make this bout an eliminator one instead and give wlad his rightfully earned title i would not get all excited by atlas word lets face it really...wba is real crooked as is wbc

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Teddy Atlas, trainer of Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin (21-0, 15KOs), confirmed BoxingScene.com's recent story, regarding his boxer's upcoming fight against former champion Ruslan Chagaev (27-1-1, 17KOs). Atlas confirms the fight is going to take place on August 27th in Germany, with the WBA's "regular" heavyweight title at stake.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  So basically,Wlad has now won the WBA heavy weight belt twice and the WBA still won't let him be the regular WBA champ? so they make Wlad the super champ(LOL) and now Povetkin and Chagaev have a chance to become the WBA champ without fighting the guy who has won the belt from the WBA in the first place? Well maybe this is a good thing, This will give Vitali a chance to win a few belts,he fights the winner of the Chagaev /Povetkin fight,and becomes the WBA regular champ,then the WBA makes a new belt called the ultimate heavy weight Belt, They could bring Ruiz and Valuev out of retirement to fight for it and the Vitali can get that one also .That way Vitali wont get upset that Wlad has more belts than him!
                  Last edited by jknightx; 07-09-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Chagaev's best days are behind him.

Povetkin by UD.

Comment

So if Vitali fought the winner of this fight, what would he become? The WBA super champion 2.0? The super duper champ? **** these crooked organizations and their paper belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X