Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact or Myth: Floyd Dont Like Southpaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Sr. 100% does not like southpws.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      You mean Judah caused him to stumble? I wouldn't call that dropped....but in a 12 round fight, whether a lefty or righty isn't it logical that an opponent may land 1 or 2 good punches? There hasn't been any fighter that can consistently hit Floyd, what makes anyone think Manny can. If he lands one good punch chances are he wont land another, even slow, over the hill Shane avoided Mannny's shots.
      It was a knockdown, although I dont think Mayweather was hurt. still, landed flush and caused him to go down. And considering that happened from a right hook as well as one of his worst 'rocked' moments, I think its a very safe thing to say that he might be more open to right hooks than other punches.

think of it from a stylistic point. Mayweather usually carries his right hand near his chin in his(nowadays) stance while his left arm guards around his body and his left hand ends up below the elbow of the right. he usually can get away from right hands with the shoulder roll. but the particular angle of a southpaw right hook is more of an overhead chopping motion that sneaks over his shoulder and lands downward on his chin. makes sense in theory, doesnt it?
      To me its one of his weaknesses, and I would go after it if I was a southpaw...and a professional fighter that was facing him. lol.

and I dont give a damn about Manny in particular. This was about Mayweather vs southpaws, not Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        It was a knockdown, although I dont think Mayweather was hurt. still, landed flush and caused him to go down. And considering that happened from a right hook as well as one of his worst 'rocked' moments, I think its a very safe thing to say that he might be more open to right hooks than other punches.

think of it from a stylistic point. Mayweather usually carries his right hand near his chin in his(nowadays) stance while his left arm guards around his body and his left hand ends up below the elbow of the right. he usually can get away from right hands with the shoulder roll. but the particular angle of a southpaw right hook is more of an overhead chopping motion that sneaks over his shoulder and lands downward on his chin. makes sense in theory, doesnt it?
        To me its one of his weaknesses, and I would go after it if I was a southpaw...and a professional fighter that was facing him. lol.

and I dont give a damn about Manny in particular. This was about Mayweather vs southpaws, not Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
        Did Zab or Corley consistently land their right hook on Floyd? ..... NO. The reason I dont give this southpaw myth any credence because regardless of what style or stance an opponent uses Floyd will adjust and find the weakspots in it. The boxing world is so concerned with finding an opponent to crack Floyd's armor, well what happens when Floyd cracks the opponents armor? He will figure out the southpaw before they figure him out, believe that!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          Did Zab or Corley consistently land their right hook on Floyd? ..... NO. The reason I dont give this southpaw myth any credence because regardless of what style or stance an opponent uses Floyd will adjust and find the weakspots in it. The boxing world is so concerned with finding an opponent to crack Floyd's armor, well what happens when Floyd cracks the opponents armor? He will figure out the southpaw before they figure him out, believe that!
          oh, so youre saying that Mayweather is god and that no one could ever beat him, I see.

Why do I waste my time trying to talk real boxing on here...?

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
            oh, so youre saying that Mayweather is god and that no one could ever beat him, I see.

Why do I waste my time trying to talk real boxing on here...?
            As of right now Floyd has shown that he cracks his opponents style before they can solve his, thats just a fact

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              The fact that he is always aggressive vs them shows that yes, he does.
              You do realize you contradicted yourself right, dumbass

Comment

I would say that yes it's probably a fact that he doesn't like southpaws, but so what other southpaws don't like southpaws. No one likes to fight a southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                  Floyd Sr. 100% does not like southpws.
                  Which has zero to do with Floyd which makes your post. POINTLESS

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                    You do realise that there are 10 years in a decade and that 61% is lower than 67% right, dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                      try using your brain please. the point was that Mayweather has to change his style and come out of his comfort zone to deal with southpaws, and thats generally not a good thing.

Fans that come out of the woodwork once Pacquiao vs Mayweather bull**** starts up again are some of the thickest bastards on this website.

Comment

Working...
                      X