Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ricky Hatton go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-brainer. Definately, it's the "International" Boxing Hall of "Fame". There haven't been many more worldwide famous boxers post 2000, who had as big and as loyal a fanbase. He created alot of interest for the sport. He was also the greatest 140lber since Tszyu, had a good reign, only loss at 140 was his last fight to an elite future ATG in Pacquiao, only other loss another ATG Mayweather at 147.
    Last edited by Fighting Pride; 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

i would say no! Is gatti a HOF then? if i had to choose one of them it will be arturo but i think they both wont make it based on their careers, at the end its what matters rather than exciment, but who knows? stallone is in there so anything can happen

Comment

I don't think he's quite HOF caliber, all things being equal. Yes, there are some seemingly undeserving other guys in there, but I'd give him a no.

The Castillo and Tszyu wins are solid, but it's only fair to recognize that Kostya never fought again and Castillo wound up being more shot than expected. Past those two, Paulie's probably his best win.

Comment

Ricky Hatton is a HOFer, NO DOUBT!

Comment

i wanna say yea, but hes not. and no he wont get in.

Comment

No, he doesn't. People equate popularity with being good.

Comment

No. He belongs in the Fish n Chips HOF, which is where he'd rather be anyway.

I'm not sure beating Tszyu, Malignaggi, and a completely shot Castillio warrants HOF, but I bet he'll get in due to his fanbase and fame alone. Dude was a badass, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i wanna say yea, but hes not. and no he wont get in.
                  The sad thing is he will. Only based on his popularity. People are having a go at Tszyu being in but in comparison to Hatton, Tszyu is Ray Robinson!

Their comparative reigns and champions they beat are utterly incomparable.

One simple fact above all others: Tszyu is 14-2 against champions. He fought 16 champions in just over 30 fights. Half his career fights were fought against champions. That's more than 99% of all fighters today. I mean major title champions, not IBO type bollocks.

Compare that to Hatton.

Comment

HOF's a joke anyways, they have non-boxers in it like Sylvester Stallone.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      The sad thing is he will. Only based on his popularity. People are having a go at Tszyu being in but in comparison to Hatton, Tszyu is Ray Robinson!

Their comparative reigns and champions they beat are utterly incomparable.

One simple fact above all others: Tszyu is 14-2 against champions. He fought 16 champions in just over 30 fights. Half his career fights were fought against champions. That's more than 99% of all fighters today. I mean major title champions, not IBO type bollocks.

Compare that to Hatton.
                      itd be wrong if he did get in. l like hatton but, i just dont see him being hof. his career was very top heavy and his time at the top was much shorter than it should be to be in the hall.

Comment

Working...
                      X