Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rare video of Muhammad Ali fighting the best Soviet boxers in Moscow, 1978.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare video of Muhammad Ali fighting the best Soviet boxers in Moscow, 1978.

For those who have not seen it.
    http://youtu.be/gD5EvhtdMMA

How do you think those chaps would fare had they turned professional?

I only got to about 1 minute because it's taking ages but Ali didn't throw anything other than 2 punches.

The other guy was OK, but he didn't do much either.

Comment

Vysotsky and Gorstkov are clearly treating it like a sparring session but Zaev seemed to be throwing some punches with authority.

Comment

bump for fat yank time zone.

Comment

Too bad we never saw the great Soviet boxers in the pros. As soon as the USSR fell the eastern bloc began to take over Boxing, what wouldve happened in the 60s/70s/80s if they were allowed to turn pro and go to USA?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSINESSMAN View Post
            For those who have not seen it.
            http://youtu.be/gD5EvhtdMMA

How do you think those chaps would fare had they turned professional?

Omg at that white girl... Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Too bad we never saw the great Soviet boxers in the pros. As soon as the USSR fell the eastern bloc began to take over Boxing, what wouldve happened in the 60s/70s/80s if they were allowed to turn pro and go to USA?
              from now on......i will be here to answer all of your questions about your ****ty fighters.....

where are all of the ATG soviet fighters? even TODAY? hopkins, pac, mayweather are the top 3 ATG's of this era.......

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE SOVIET ATG FIGHTERS (shouldn't there be a over pour of them?)

i will break down your entire argument......because the truth is soviet boxers have ALWAYS sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                from now on......i will be here to answer all of your questions about your ****ty fighters.....

where are all of the ATG soviet fighters? even TODAY? hopkins, pac, mayweather are the top 3 ATG's of this era.......

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE SOVIET ATG FIGHTERS (shouldn't there be a over pour of them?)

i will break down your entire argument......because the truth is soviet boxers have ALWAYS sucked.
                Haha, Soviets have dominated Americans in every sport.

Tennis
                Hockey
                Wrestling
                Gymnastics
                Football(soccer)
                Figure Skating

USSR was only disbanded in the early 90's, and look how many fighters came out, look at your HW division, its full of Soviets. with alot of up and comers in the lower weight classes.

Hopkins atg? at what? Most Defensive fighter? Racist?

Look at the Boxing Champions list, Mexico/Europe > USA by a wide margin, USA had monopoly in Boxing now that other countries started competing with you guys you have dropped off.

You are a known troll who has never left his homestate and if you ever go to europe you will probably sit in your hotel room and google the closest McDonalds.

Comment

Get 'em, Americanbot. These USA haters are getting old and annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    Haha, Soviets have dominated Americans in every sport.

Tennis
                    Hockey
                    Wrestling
                    Gymnastics
                    Football(soccer)
                    Figure Skating

USSR was only disbanded in the early 90's, and look how many fighters came out, look at your HW division, its full of Soviets. with alot of up and comers in the lower weight classes.

Hopkins atg? at what? Most Defensive fighter? Racist?

Look at the Boxing Champions list, Mexico/Europe > USA by a wide margin, USA had monopoly in Boxing now that other countries started competing with you guys you have dropped off.

You are a known troll who has never left his homestate and if you ever go to europe you will probably sit in your hotel room and google the closest McDonalds.
                    LOL @ this ret@rd not having a actual answer as to WHY theres HARDLY any ATG "Soviet" boxers (even today) you have sucked in the sport of boxing. you will always suck......soviets make **** boxers. glad that I'm not apart of such a inferior nation. i will eat my mcdonalds & count all of the wonderful ATG fighters that i have vs soviet inbreeds........it's in your BLOOD & HISTORY to lose. you have thin blood. thin history. NO SPINE. therefore your fighters have mostly been ****.

WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE "WONDERFUL" ATG SOVIET BOXERS OF TODAY?

WHERE ARE THEY BOY!!!!

simple..........

they don't exist, never have they EVER existed because SOVIETS stereotypically make **** boxers MAHAHAHAHAHA.
                    Last edited by americanbot; 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X