Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rare video of Muhammad Ali fighting the best Soviet boxers in Moscow, 1978.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
    These are a few months old but essentially accurate. The number of active heavyweight boxers per country:

America- 425
    Britain- 38
    Canada- 35
    Germany- 35
    Ukraine-28
    Russia- 25
    New Zealand- 24
    France- 16
    Poland- 11
    Cuba- 10
    Uzbekistan- 9
    Nigeria- 7
    Italy-6
    Bulgaria- 5
    Finland- 4

and Combat Sambo, Kickboxing, MMA, Wrestling, Hockey, Rugby Weightlifting, etc take away from potenitial HW talent coming out of Eastern Europe and other parts of the world. Plus most of the sports listed are actual combat sports not ****sexual basketball so a sucessful transition into boxing is more likely. Other sports exist outside of America but even guys like Stewart or Atlas are so bias and desperate that they can't grasp this.

Perhaps one day you Americans can try enforcing affirmative action inside the ropes too so your boxer stand more of a chance. Until then just be silent and stop going out of your way to help prove the rest of the world correct when they say Americans are dumb by using your pitiful excuses.

Look at the American HW boxing rankings:

1. Eddie Chambers-A bloated cruiser weight with no power or chin
    2. Tony Thompson-No Speed, power, footwork, NOTHING. 39 years old
    3. Arreola-Once again a fat ass lazy cruiser weight that just comes forward
    4. Franklin Lawrence-Who? All I know is his last loss was a UD against McCall lmao, 35 years old
    5. Holyfield-He's not even 1/4 of the fighter he used to be yet at 48 he's still beating people? Wow.
    6. Boswell-41, his last loss was against McCline lol
    7. Michael Grant-38 lol I'm just gonna stop here.

Yeah American HW boxing is FILLED with talent, so much talent these guys dominate it hahaha.

Weight lifting, Hockey, Kickboxing, MMA etc?

America has ALL those except Rugby, we do have Football, Soccer, Basketball, Swimming, track and field, tennis, golf, ALL these sports are available to play in school too!

Let me school your dumb ass on how America works.

Nearly EVERY SINGLE child in America that attends school is exposed to sports unless they don't have it. What AGE do you think the majority of people start boxing? It's usually around 12 years old. It's pretty hard to get a 12 year old into boxing with so many other sports around them.

Children here are presented options to play soccer, baseball, flag football, and basketball from the ages of 4-13, these are OUT OF SCHOOL activities by the way. Once they reach Middle school (It's Elementary from ages 4-11) that's when they're able to join a Basketball team their school has, a baseball team, a track team, a football team which has up to like 40 players on a single team, basketball it's usually 16 on a team, soccer I think 17 is the max.

Those football, basketball, soccer, and baseball teams are then split up even more. You see there isn't just ONE team there are many. There are A and B teams, meaning they put the best players on the A team and then the worst players on B team. And yes the B team plays other B teams from other schools while the A team plays other A teams from other schools.

The same thing happens in high school (ages 14-19), except it's divided even more! Instead of having just the A and B team, you've got the Freshman team (1st year) which is then split into the A/B team, after that you've got the Junior Varsity team and after that you've got the Varsity which is the best. This goes for all sports.

Not only do we have those sports in school, we have them out of school!

My brother is only 15 but he's 6'5, he tried boxing but didn't like it, he said basketball was more fun. So he wound up playing basketball full time after he stopped playing football. He is currently on summer vacation for 2 months, but guess what? He's still playing basketball! Yup, we have summer basketball/baseball/etc. leagues here in America, leagues that children, teens and even adults can participate in.

You can walk wherever and you'll find a basketball court to play on, an open grass field to play football or soccer.

Boxing isn't popular in America, the majority of fans only tune in to the big name fights. Out my school of over 2,000 people I never met another boxing fan, out of all the people that went to the school there are a total of 3 boxers there. You have to go out and WANT to box, nobody is going to ask you if you want to. Then you have to pay for it, get approval from your parents etc.

Now go ahead and explain to me how those countries are stealing away your would be boxers like they are ours lmao.

Like I said we're SURROUNDED by sports, there isn't another country like us when it comes to sports so don't even try to compare those countries to us.
    Last edited by Cutthroat; 07-07-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
      You are a known troll who has never left his homestate and if you ever go to europe you will probably sit in your hotel room and google the closest McDonalds.
      loool

Comment

All the good athletes in europe went to soccer/ Olympic wrestling, Olympic weight lifting, powerlifting, MMA, sambo

That's funny you say all the USA talent is in basketball ( a ****sexuals sport ), when who was the 2011 MVP???? Oh, a white european that's right!

Comment

boxing isnt popular in america? what?))) I guess its more popular in russia hahaha..ah. no point of debating, neither side will quit with peace

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            All the good athletes in europe went to soccer/ Olympic wrestling, Olympic weight lifting, powerlifting, MMA, sambo

That's funny you say all the USA talent is in basketball ( a ****sexuals sport ), when who was the 2011 MVP???? Oh, a white european that's right!

How often does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post

***** please, like I said, explain the PROCESS in which they steal your athletes. I already explained to you how we literally have hundreds of thousands of kids/teens playing sports in our country. You have to want to go to the majority of those sports, where in America you are offered to join them for free. Nearly every single child in America attends school, MILLIONS of them are offered to play soccer, basketball, hockey, football, karate, mma, wrestling, soccer, track and field, swimming, gymnastics, the list goes on and on.

The amount of participation in those sports you listed aren't **** compared to the % of participation in the sports over here. You must want to go out, find a gym, and PAY money to do MMA over there, power lifting, etc. Here in America it's totally different.

Put it this way, if Wlad/Vitali were born in America they'd be playing football or basketball.

Oh and congrats on having ONE white European Finals MVP in the history of the NBA lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                These are a few months old but essentially accurate. The number of active heavyweight boxers per country:

America- 425
                Britain- 38
                Canada- 35
                Germany- 35
                Ukraine-28
                Russia- 25
                New Zealand- 24
                France- 16
                Poland- 11
                Cuba- 10
                Uzbekistan- 9
                Nigeria- 7
                Italy-6
                Bulgaria- 5
                Finland- 4

and Combat Sambo, Kickboxing, MMA, Wrestling, Hockey, Rugby Weightlifting, etc take away from potenitial HW talent coming out of Eastern Europe and other parts of the world. Plus most of the sports listed are actual combat sports not ****sexual basketball so a sucessful transition into boxing is more likely. Other sports exist outside of America but even guys like Stewart or Atlas are so bias and desperate that they can't grasp this.

Perhaps one day you Americans can try enforcing affirmative action inside the ropes too so your boxer stand more of a chance. Until then just be silent and stop going out of your way to help prove the rest of the world correct when they say Americans are dumb by using your pitiful excuses.
                You're argument about quan****** is dumb. That's why I laugh at people when they say America should be loaded with talent, they have a lot of people. Quan****** don't make quality fighters. Just because there is 425 heavyweights in America doesn't mean a single one of those guys is better than the Klitchkos. Being a world class prizefighter takes loads of talent, something quantity has nothing to do with.

Also disagree that combat sports would translate better than basketball. Sure, they are learning fighting but basketball players when people say majority of the heavyweight talent is in that division are talking about size, speed, overall athletic ability. I'd rather groom a kid that was learning basketball to learn boxing than I would want to groom some MMA fighter into boxing.

Comment

this is the reason why he got parkinsons!!!!

Comment

If Im not mistaken, the reason America has so many professional heavyweights competing is because the rules arent as strict as other countries, when it comes to obtaining a liscense. Guys like Charlie Zelenoff are free to turn pro, where as Im sure had he been fighting in a former soviet bloc country, they wouldnt have allowed him to turn pro.....

Comment

Basketball and football are not free in America you moron you have to pay for gear and uniform.

Boxing clubs in inner city takes kids in for free turns them into fighters

Sorry eastern europe took over HW boxing, our American boxers just don't have the genetics/work ethic to hang anymore.

A little 6'1 fat weakling american with no amateur pedigree or brain cannot compete with superior eastern euro slavic 6'5+ genetic super athlete

Comment

Working...
                      X