Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs. Ortiz - Which Pacquiao Sparring Partner Would Win if The Fought Each Other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Just curious, but how is the pressure that Ortiz brings any more crude than Maidana??? When you compare the two the pressure of Ortiz is actually far better.....he throws a better variety of punches.
    I disagree. Maidana has spent an entire career pressuring fighters, and is very good at it. Ortiz has always been a boxer more than a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      LOL, your all over the place...

Look, you haven't presented a case where Khan beats Ortiz. I think if they box, Ortiz can hang, if Ortiz pressures, Khan will get touched eventually and like I said, he won't be able to take Ortiz' shots like Ortiz will his.

Khan IMO is a bit overrated, people talk about him as if he's some great boxer and I don't see it. He has really good speed and that carries him a lot. As far as pure boxing skills, I'm not overly impressed.

Ortiz can pressure and is a very good inside fighter. His right hook/upper cut combo is vicious and I just don't see Khan keeping him off of him for a full 12 rounds.
      Ortiz can't pressure. Berto has slow feet and didn't run.

Peterson moved around and eventually started winning rounds.

There is a case that Khan can beat Ortiz. Also a casae that at 140 Khan's chin is much better than at 135, and again at 147, Khan's chin may even be better.

Ortiz does not like getting hit, no fighter does, but Ortiz seems to cave. Sometimes dropping, and sometimes just making his output lower.

Khan has a lot of speed and range that can trouble Ortiz. He also has movement, sometimes not so clean, but it's out.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        Ortiz would get inside on Khan like he did to Berto and rough him up......everyone is trying to discredit Ortiz right now because he is fighting FMJ. There is no faster way to turn into a garbage fighter than to sign up for a fight with FMJ, but at the end of the day of all the 140 pounders, Peterson, Bradley, Maidana, Alexander, Matthysse and probably even Khan would not beat Berto at 147......does anyone else seriously think otherwise???
        Berto has the ****test footwork ever though.

Comment

Even after Maidana showed Victor has a glass heart I always picked Ortiz to unpick Khan and quite easily I think too.

I know Khan beat him twice already, but that is with pillows and headgear on. Khan has no quit in him but his chin will quit on him and Victor has the punching power to unravel Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            LOL, your all over the place...

Look, you haven't presented a case where Khan beats Ortiz. I think if they box, Ortiz can hang, if Ortiz pressures, Khan will get touched eventually and like I said, he won't be able to take Ortiz' shots like Ortiz will his.

Khan IMO is a bit overrated, people talk about him as if he's some great boxer and I don't see it. He has really good speed and that carries him a lot. As far as pure boxing skills, I'm not overly impressed.

Ortiz can pressure and is a very good inside fighter. His right hook/upper cut combo is vicious and I just don't see Khan keeping him off of him for a full 12 rounds.
            I think it would be a boxing match, where both would have moments throwing big punches but most the fight would be spent at long to mid-range, and be a boxing match. I believe Khan is better than Ortiz at that type of fight.

If I'm making it sound like Ortiz has no chance or could not win, I don't mean it that way. I just think Khan is the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderlyBeater View Post
              IMO it could go either way. If Ortiz can impose his will, then he may stop Khan, but if Khan boxes and mvoes, Ortiz will get frustrated. Ortiz needs a person to war him, but doesn't like getting hit. Khan can hit and mvoe which Ortiz hates.
              I disagree, he showed an amazing chin in not only the Berto fight but the Maidana fight as well. Remember he wasn't KO'd by Maidana, he quit, big difference. I never saw him seriously hurt in that fight either.

I know people will bring up the Maidana fight for the rest of this kids life but to make the assumption that he doesn't like to get hit from 1 fight is stupid.

Ortiz got hit with Berto's best shot and got up to knock him down. He showed great heart and determination and I think the best thing that could have happened to him as a fighter is to have lost to Maidana and drew against Peterson. He learned a lot of lessons those fights and we saw a completely different fighter in him against Berto.

I know people now discredit Bert but the truth is Berto is a good fighter and has a hell of a punch. I don't think many guys get up from that right hand that landed and dropped Ortiz.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 07-06-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Berto has the ****test footwork ever though.

oh i agree, i am amazed he can punch the way he does, but the majority of the 140 pounders are slightly overrated imho.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  Even after Maidana showed Victor has a glass heart I always picked Ortiz to unpick Khan and quite easily I think too.

I know Khan beat him twice already, but that is with pillows and headgear on. Khan has no quit in him but his chin will quit on him and Victor has the punching power to unravel Khan.

for the most part amateurs is all about speed and volume. It's no surprise Khan would beat Ortiz in amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                    Beating someone in the amateurs doesn't automatically give you a win in the pro game.

Ortiz is very strong and Khan would be eating those uppercuts, they can both put each other down but I still think Ortiz has no problem getting back up. I'd expect a really tough and exciting fight with Ortiz via mid-late TKO, I can see Khan out boxing Ortiz though but its hard to say since the fight would have to be at 147. I would give Khan the win @ 140.
                    Yeah I agree amateurs is totally diff from pro, my response was aimed at people saying khan got protected from a beating because he wore headgear.

Comment

Ortiz can't pressure. Berto has slow feet and didn't run.

Peterson moved around and eventually started winning rounds.

There is a case that Khan can beat Ortiz. Also a casae that at 140 Khan's chin is much better than at 135, and again at 147, Khan's chin may even be better.

Ortiz does not like getting hit, no fighter does, but Ortiz seems to cave. Sometimes dropping, and sometimes just making his output lower.

Khan has a lot of speed and range that can trouble Ortiz. He also has movement, sometimes not so clean, but it's out.
                      Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I think it would be a boxing match, where both would have moments throwing big punches but most the fight would be spent at long to mid-range, and be a boxing match. I believe Khan is better than Ortiz at that type of fight.

If I'm making it sound like Ortiz has no chance or could not win, I don't mean it that way. I just think Khan is the better fighter.
                      I think you guys grossly underestimate Ortiz. I also think you guys have judged him unfairly because of the Maidana fight. He takes shots very well and has shown a good chin. He's an excellent inside fighter and I believe Khan is a bit overrated.

Also, some fighters enjoy getting hit, just ask Brandon Rios, Margarito and guys like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X