Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you thought 11 years in a decade was bad....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cotto's Father View Post
    and manny won what medal??oh thats right he has none
    Pac got the FIGHTER OF THE DECADE that floyd can only dreamed of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
      Keep in mind that Manny Pacquiao has never competed in the olympics at all

Comment

Keep in mind that Manny Pacquiao has never competed in the olympics at all
        He was already fighting professionally at age 15 wasn't he? How could he fight in the Olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          He was already fighting professionally at age 15 wasn't he? How could he fight in the Olympics?
          Its hard to know exactly what the guys point was, wasnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            Check this new low point for *****'s!

Apparently now coming third means you can call yourself the Olympic champion!
            What do you expect from a generation of kids who got medals for coming in 42nd place? His family was big on celebrating mediocrity...

Comment

I find it even more sad that after 4 years Gong still harps about someone saying there were 11 years in a decade. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Gongs the type of lame who still quotes the Chappelle show " I'm Rick James " or Trailer Park Boys and still thinks he's fresh. That ship sailed Gong pick up some new material Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I find it even more sad that after 4 years Gong still harps about someone saying there were 11 years in a decade. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Gongs the type of lame who still quotes the Chappelle show " I'm Rick James " or Trailer Park Boys and still thinks he's fresh. That ship sailed Gong pick up some new material Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post

Touché Gong

That made laugh and was a good response

Comment

The point is that Pacquiao has never competed in a world class level as an amateur, Floyd was a 3 time National champion, first time at the age of 15! He made the olympic team, which a lot of great fighters couldn't do and he went out there and got a bronze (he got robbed in the semi finals).
                    What do you all mean what's the point of my previous comment?! you know exactly what I mean! since 1993 till 1996 Floyd was one of the best amateur fighters in USA and in the world, where the **** was Pacquiao at the time?
                    If you get the bronze this means you're the 3rd best amateur fighter in the world, you competed against the best from all over the world, you were competing against people who've been waiting on this chance for 4 years, so competition is damn fierce, so to be a part of it and to finish 3rd (at the age of 18 and after a robbery in the semi finals) is a great accomplishment. Again, where the hell was Pacquiao, How many non-filipino fighters did he fight since his debut in 1995 till he won the title in 1998, why did he turn pro 1 year before the Olympics if his country believed he was a good fighter who had the potential to bring them a medal? they didn't because unlike Floyd, he simply wasn't on a world class level at the time.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Pacquiao is a bad fighter, he's a great fighter, but I'm talking about accomplishments in the amateurs! it's a no contest, get over it!
                    Last edited by Ahmed_Ismail; 02-17-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

The point is that Pacquiao has never competed in a world class level as an amateur, Floyd was a 3 time National champion, first time at the age of 15! He made the olympic team, which a lot of great fighters couldn't do and he went out there and got a bronze (he got robbed in the semi finals).
                      What do you all mean what's the point of my previous comment?! you know exactly what I mean! since 1993 till 1996 Floyd was one of the best amateur fighters in USA and in the world, where the **** was Pacquiao at the time?
                      If you get the bronze this means you're the 3rd best amateur fighter in the world, you competed against the best from all over the world, you were competing against people who've been waiting on this chance for 4 years, so competition is damn fierce, so to be a part of it and to finish 3rd (at the age of 18 and after a robbery in the semi finals) is a great accomplishment. Again, where the hell was Pacquiao, How many non-filipino fighters did he fight since his debut in 1995 till he won the title in 1998, why did he turn pro 1 year before the Olympics if his country believed he was a good fighter who had the potential to bring them a medal? they didn't because unlike Floyd, he simply wasn't on a world class level at the time.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Pacquiao is a bad fighter, he's a great fighter, but I'm talking about accomplishments in the amateurs! it's a no contest, get over it!
                      He was working as a 15 year old, day to day less than minimum wage construction worker at the time.

No family, thousands of miles from home and living in friend's homes.

amateur boxing was the farthest from the kid's mind. He just wanted to be able to eat everyday, and send a few pesos to his family.

Pro boxing it is.

And BTW, Philippine amateur boxing does not pay the bills at all.
                      Our last olympic medalist (silver) works now as a comdeian sidekick on local TV shows, when he's lucky enough to get a part.

And most of our amateur boxers don't get enough allowance from the amateur boxing commission. Just enough so they won't starve in training, almost.

That's why most of them are enlisted men in the Army, Navy, etc. to supplement their allowance.

Comment

Working...
                      X