Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Defends David Haye, Talks Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye is a disgrace and there is no excusing it. He talked big, but didn't deliver. he should be *****ted on always and forever.

Comment

thats why i like paulie, always telling it like it is. i couldnt agree more on teh haye thing, ive been saying the same thing for days. casual fans just dont understand the sport i guess, haye did everything in his power to win and he was looking for teh knockout every round.

wlad was just too smart and too skilled, when haye got close he either jabbed him or moved out of range. so haye needed to set a trap and catch him when he wasnt expecting it which is hard against a tall guy who uses his reach cuz he knows when your close enough to hit him and wont commit.

haye moved around looking for the right angle to attack but wlad was very smart in there and controled haye with his boxing ability. haye couldve been smarter and not look for one big punch so much, go to teh body etc. but he couldnt have made more of and effort. ppl who dont understand boxing dont see that though, all they see is whos moving forward and the number of punches thrown but there is always a much bigger picture in this sport.

Comment

Devon should avoid Paulie at all costs. looking bad against Paulie would bury him. and looking bad against Paulie at this point is possible.

Comment

Future 147 ATG speaks about haye

Comment

plus i know what Haye was doing, and I was on his side the whole fight in hopes that one of his big shots found its home, but at one point i just was wishing he would just pick up the pace so that he could win the rounds. Once he was down 4-5 rounds it was nearly impossible to force Wlad to commit to anything. the later rounds could have been great if Haye was able to win the early rounds. Steward would have been furious, and he would have demanded Wlad to unload, and Haye would have either gotten blasted or found the opening he needed to hurt Wlad. but he fell short too many rounds, and the end fizzled out.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              thats why i like paulie, always telling it like it is. i couldnt agree more on teh haye thing, ive been saying the same thing for days. casual fans just dont understand the sport i guess, haye did everything in his power to win and he was looking for teh knockout every round.

wlad was just too smart and too skilled, when haye got close he either jabbed him or moved out of range. so haye needed to set a trap and catch him when he wasnt expecting it which is hard against a tall guy who uses his reach cuz he knows when your close enough to hit him and wont commit.

haye moved around looking for the right angle to attack but wlad was very smart in there and controled haye with his boxing ability. haye couldve been smarter and not look for one big punch so much, go to teh body etc. but he couldnt have made more of and effort. ppl who dont understand boxing dont see that though, all they see is whos moving forward and the number of punches thrown but there is always a much bigger picture in this sport.
              yup some of these idiots dont understand that haye was setting traps, he himself said that in the post interview, but Wlad did not buy the bait...all credit to him

i guess Haye thought Wlad would take risks and want to TKO him, but on the night Wlad wasnt looking for the knockout, so Haye's gameplan was railroaded. Haye did not have a plan b, he kept trying to entice Wlad into him, had his hands down, but Wlad did not give him anything, but a jab and there was not much he could do with that. He should have switched gameplan and charged into Wlad like he did in Round 12, also gone for the body, such a lost opportunity.

After the fight Wlad said hitting Haye was like trying to catch a fish with ur hands, and that he is the fattest opponent he had ever faced, shame he didnt use thats speed aggressively.

From a technical stand point the fight was interesting and fustrating at the same time, i guess casual fans just thought it'd be two big guys throwing bombs until one got knocked out. You have to appreciate it from a technical standpoint, however both men could have taken more risks. Wlad had the advantage with the jab, so it was up to Haye to try something else midway through the fight, hopefully they meet again in the future.
              Last edited by FrankieBruno; 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
                It's always good to hear from malignaggi. I like his assessments.
                agreed, Paulie is always entertaining, not short of intelligence either actualy.

Originally posted by fastblack View Post
                paulie magnothing should not be quoted on boxing. he is a nobody no fans and cannot punch a joke an imposter. keep paulie of these boxing sites he is not news but trash.
                I'd rather have his views on the site than your worthless drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                  yea what was wladimir supposed to do..let haye hit him to satisfy the boxing community..gtfo here paulie you soft punk.
                  He gave props to Wlad you half-wit.

Comment

paulie should be banned from boxing he is more female than a guy. fights like a girl in a dress. Paulie must be a cross dresser. she should not have opinions on boxing maybe make up or eye liner.

Comment

Working...
                    X