No announcement yet.

On a serious note, the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a serious note, the Klitschkos

If Vitali defeats Adamek, should they retire? Wladimir, now that he has whipped Haye, has nothing else to prove. They achieved everything they hoped to accomplish. Wladimir is the undisputed champion of the world, (apart from his brother) and Vitali is going to be 40 years of age for his upcoming fight. Both of them have captured every single major belt in the heavyweight division, and literally have plowed through all of the best competition, save Povetkin, who is too scared to face any one of them. Together they are the two headed monster who rule undisputed at the very top, with no serious contenders amongst the horizon. So I guess the question is should they retire and let all the second class competition compete amongst themselves to crown what they have become? Let me know your thoughts.
    Yes
    19.05%
    No
    80.95%

its hilarious people say Wlad should retire because he jabbed Haye a couple of times to win on points....Haye was the measuring stick? the ultimate HW?

Comment

I definitely think Vitali should. Wlad still has a few years left but I think Vtiali is starting to become a little more stiff as he has gotten older. There isn’t any shame in that as we all start to slow down eventually. I just hate to see a boxer fight long past his prime.

Comment

Nah, they shouldn't. They should retire when they are getting beat like crazy but not right now. Too strong, too dominant, and too big(tall).

Comment

Originally posted by Feint View Post
          I definitely think Vitali should. Wlad still has a few years left but I think Vtiali is starting to become a little more stiff as he has gotten older. There isn’t any shame in that as we all start to slow down eventually. I just hate to see a boxer fight long past his prime.
          Vitali will not retire until he has fought Haye

he has alrady told his manager he wants to fight Haye after his next fight, he was not satisfied with the lack of beating his brother gave Haye.....he felt cheated, he even praised Haye after the fight on his skills

Vitali stepped aside for Wlad, but the truth of the matter is Vitali should have been the one to fight Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post

Nah, they shouldn't. They should retire when they are getting beat like crazy but not right now. Too strong, too dominant, and too big(tall).
            I like your video, but as for your comment, I disagree, who else is there to defeat? Rather go out on top then to fade away.

Comment

only if Vitali will struggle with Adamek and show that age catching him up. If not he should stay, otherwise i'm gonna miss a warrior like him

Comment

The Klitschkos should definitely not retire.

They have a big fanbase in mainland Europe and draw huge crowds of 50,000 to stadiums for their fights.

I would like to see them fight more often the next couple of years.

Potential opponents for Wlad and Vitali:

Arreola (for Wlad) & Dimitrenko late this year
                Perez, Pulev and Helenius in 2012
                in 2013 Mitchell and Price.

And there's lots of others such as Povetkin, Boytsov, Ustinov, Glazkov, Fury, Chisora, etc.

Comment

I would love to see Vitali beat Haye and retire, that would look good. As for Wladimir, he needs to fight a few more exciting fights before retiring because I would love to see him earn an ATG spot

Comment

Unless Vitali plans on giving Solis a rematch, and/or if Haye is up to facing him after a victory over Adamek, then absolutely. Vitali is 40 and Wlad is 35, it would be unwise to stick around too long for the inevitable and eventual "bad ending". Why not go out on top? Plus, there are just simply no more viable opponents left ATM. THEY'VE BEATEN EVERYBODY. Look at the top 10 heavyweight contenders, just about all of them are Klitschko victims (or soon to be victims in Adamek's case) And Povetkin is in hiding, praying that they do retire, so he can step in and fill the void.

Comment

Working...
                    X