No announcement yet.

Some truths about Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some truths about Victor Ortiz

We all know he's become the flavor of the month after his win over Berto. Now he's fighting floyd and fans are pointing out how young, strong and prime Ortiz is but we need to face some home truths about this guy:

1. He doesn't have a strong chin, he's been down many times.
    2. He will quit if he's pressured enough, he couldn't handle the crude Maidana.
    3. Even though he is built like a ww he fought most of his career around 140. In fact he has never weighed in at 147 the ww limit. He is still virtually untested at ww.

If floyd wins which I fully expect to happen it will be a decent win over a decent opponent I'll go on record and give him props for that right now. However, I can't take Ortiz that seriously as a threat given his many glaring flaws. That being said besides Manny this fight is about as good as floyd can get at ww I just hope people don't get carried away with his probable win.

1. Floyd's not a power puncher

2. Floyd ain't a pressure fighter

3. Floyd comes in t 146

You just got owned by an ALT (or say they say I am)

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
      1. Floyd's not a power puncher

2. Floyd ain't a pressure fighter

3. Floyd comes in t 146

You just got owned by an ALT (or say they say I am)
      You are an ALT. Not to mention a troll with no knowledge on the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
        You are an ALT. Not to mention a troll with no knowledge on the sport of boxing.
        Damn you just got pwned by an alt.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
          We all know he's become the flavor of the month after his win over Berto. Now he's fighting floyd and fans are pointing out how young, strong and prime Ortiz is but we need to face some home truths about this guy:

3. Even though he is built like a ww he fought most of his career around 140. In fact he has never weighed in at 147 the ww limit. He is still virtually untested at ww.

If floyd wins which I fully expect to happen it will be a decent win over a decent opponent I'll go on record and give him props for that right now. However, I can't take Ortiz that seriously as a threat given his many glaring flaws. That being said besides Manny this fight is about as good as floyd can get at ww I just hope people don't get carried away with his probable win.
          you wouldnt be saying that if it was Pac-Ortiz

Comment

Fact: Timothy Bradley beat Peterson more convincingly and when you get rocked by a soft puncher like Peterson it means your chin is shit.

Fact: An old ass Morales did a lot better against Maidana than Ortiz did. And so did Khan.

So why the hell should I be all that impressed by Ortiz's win over Berto. He's a flawed fighter who was hyped up by HBO as well.

Berto's flaws: Can't fight inside, muscle bound, bad balance, weak chin like Ortiz has got. Lol.

Floyd just sees somebody he can take advantage of and is jumping on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post

And Floyd fought most of his career at 130.

And you were the same guy who said Roy Jones Jr was prime when he fought Joe Calzaghe. Don't think i'd forget that

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                you wouldnt be saying that if it was Pac-Ortiz
                Ortiz would have been referred to as Jake LaMotta and Pacquiao as Sugar Ray Robinson for fight Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  And Floyd fought most of his career at 130.

And you were the same guy who said Roy Jones Jr was prime when he fought Joe Calzaghe. Don't think i'd forget that
                  Hell yes I said that, and John Ruiz beat a prime Holyfield too.

Comment

"1. He doesn't have a strong chin, he's been down many times."

I disagree. He may have been knocked down a few times before, but he has proven he can take them well and recover rather quickly. He's like JMM in that respect. Gets knocked down all the time, but it doesn't hinder him because he recovers quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X