Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If jmm outboxes and beats Manny,should Floyd still fight Manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A better question would be: Should JMM and Ortiz fight each other if both Pac and Floyd lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      the real question is if Ortiz ktfo Floyd should Pac still fight Floyd?

The answer is no because Pac got an offer to fight Canelo for $65 million guaranteed by the richest dude on the planet.
      that was a confirmed hoax..

everyday you make yourself look like a faggot

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        that was a confirmed hoax..

everyday you make yourself look like a faggot

Gotta chill.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Manny won't take the tests no matter what so Mayweather is irrelevant anyway. Rematch with JMM obviously.
          This can't really be serious. After how conclusive and one-sided the first Mayweather-Marquez fight was, do you really think a rematch would be in order? That's a fight that didn't have a single competitive moment.

I think that the first statement should also be highlighted and noted as one's opinion, despite it being phrased as a fact because if public favors shifts back to Mayweather after a dominant win over Ortiz or Pacquiao once again struggles in a fight with Marquez, then the ever-fickle media will demand that Pacquiao take any test that Mayweather subjects his opponents to.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
            The only hope JMM has at beating a ww Manny is if Manny breaks both his legs, his left hand, a few vertebrae, and his lung collapses on the way to the ring.
            That's not an exaggeration

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            the real question is if Ortiz ktfo Floyd should Pac still fight Floyd?

The answer is no because Pac got an offer to fight Canelo for $65 million guaranteed by the richest dude on the planet.
            Is your basis for this the 2 times in the past that Ortiz and Floyd went Life and Death with each other in the ring?

Why do you claim to follow a sport when you only follow one guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
              This can't really be serious. After how conclusive and one-sided the first Mayweather-Marquez fight was, do you really think a rematch would be in order? That's a fight that didn't have a single competitive moment.

I think that the first statement should also be highlighted and noted as one's opinion, despite it being phrased as a fact because if public favors shifts back to Mayweather after a dominant win over Ortiz or Pacquiao once again struggles in a fight with Marquez, then the ever-fickle media will demand that Pacquiao take any test that Mayweather subjects his opponents to.
              I think I misread the question. I was thinking a rematch with Pacquiao, not Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I think I misread the question. I was thinking a rematch with Pacquiao, not Floyd.
                I can agree with that, because if Marquez beats Pacquiao, then the only "super-fight" that is of any interest would be a fourth fight with Pacquiao.

But if Pacquiao loses to Marquez, then any fight with Mayweather would go down the drain for Manny, unless he's willing to accept unreal financial terms and stipulations.

Mayweather would probably be fine with retirement after that, because then he could always just say, "Well, why fight Pacquiao when he lost to Marquez after I beat him?"

If Mayweather loses to Ortiz, I think the fight with Pacquiao could still happen as Mayweather would be like Myspace selling for $35 million after being worth nearly 20x that five years ago.

He'd still get a better payday than anywhere else, even if he'd have to drop any terms and financial splits he'd have hoped for previously.

Comment

Manny is going to KO JMM in under 6 rounds so it's irrelevant imho....but if he did lose, i still think it's relevant because it would probably still at the least match the highest PPV numbers because both fighters have large fan bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                    I can agree with that, because if Marquez beats Pacquiao, then the only "super-fight" that is of any interest would be a fourth fight with Pacquiao.

But if Pacquiao loses to Marquez, then any fight with Mayweather would go down the drain for Manny, unless he's willing to accept unreal financial terms and stipulations.

Mayweather would probably be fine with retirement after that, because then he could always just say, "Well, why fight Pacquiao when he lost to Marquez after I beat him?"

If Mayweather loses to Ortiz, I think the fight with Pacquiao could still happen as Mayweather would be like Myspace selling for $35 million after being worth nearly 20x that five years ago.

He'd still get a better payday than anywhere else, even if he'd have to drop any terms and financial splits he'd have hoped for previously.

Spot on. If either Manny or Floyd lose the next fight, if they were to face each other the guy coming off the win is in a better bargaining position and would want more of the pie.

I think Floyd has a better chance of losing to Ortiz than Manny does to JMM at this stage, but i honestly believe that if Manny lost to JMM that Floyd would still want to fight him, but would insist on 60% or possibly 65% of the purse.

Comment

Working...
                    X