No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis Vs Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    On the other hand, Lewis hasn't really faced anyone the caliber of prime Wlad either.

In reality, it's a closer fight than it looks like on paper.

Wlad by late TKO.
    I'm pretty sure most people, even the biggest Klitschko fans, often argue that a prime Vitali was the better fighter. Either way, a prime Vitali is easily the same caliber of fighter that Wlad is today. Not only did he win by TKO, but that was the worst possible version of Lewis.

But I'd take Evander Holyfield, unified champion, coming off some of the greatest wins of his career in Tyson x2 and Moorer as the same, greater in fact, caliber of fighter.

Even so, if most of Lewis' opposition were still around today, it would be an entirely different era. Prime Tua, Ruddock, McCall, old Tyson, Bruno, Tucker, Mercer, Holyfield, Rahman, Briggs etc etc. All prime apart from Tyson.

A 41 year old much poorer version of Vitali now dominates this era along with Wlad. A younger prime version got stopped by an old, past prime, poorly trained Lewis.

Comment

If you think about the K2s got off quite lucky.

If the Lewis-Vitali fight had gone one, Vitali would have been blinded and would never become a minor champion.

If the Lewis had fought Wlad he would have destroyed his myth (overwhelmingly supported by this poll) and Wlad would have recovered of course but he's never have been able to build up a mythology to the one he has built with his minority support today.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        not really though is it.

Even the people who VOTED for Wlad, their best argument is 50/50, i don't think any one of them really belives it
        50/50 means that you're willing to admit that your prediction is not 100% proof and that you respect the other guys abilities. For example: If I say that Wlad will straight out beat Mike Tyson, which I do believe. This is either a 100% stat, or 90%, because I often made the example that if they fought 10 times, Tyson will get outboxed 9 times out of 10.

Therefore 50/50 means you're willing to admit that you're not confident but you still believe that one or the other is better. In this case Wlad, since the polls show that he is losing. He is the mythical matchup's underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          50/50 means that you're willing to admit that your prediction is not 100% proof and that you respect the other guys abilities..
          no, actually 50/50 means 50/50.

50/50 means you cant predict who will win, therefore you are a lying twat for voting one or the other,and that your opinion is now invalid.

If you believe its 50/50, mate, then you simply don't vote. You don't simply vote just to boost your idol's ratings on a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by LennoxOwns
            Lewis fought a lot more punchers than Wlad.
            Wlad fought a total of 5 punchers throughout his career. He lost to 2 of them and was dropped non stop against the third. The only 2 punchers he dealt with
            effectively was David Haye and Sultan Ibrahimovic..
            I don't see what that has to do with the post I made or whether you just randomly responded. I was addressing the other guys sentiments. Unrelated.

Either way your argument is not rebuttal proof.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              no, actually 50/50 means 50/50.

50/50 means you cant predict who will win, therefore you are a twat for voting one or the other.

If you believe its 50/50, mate, then you simply don't vote. You don't simply vote just to boost your idol's ratings on a poll.
              This of course is not true. 50/50 means that you're not sure. That anything can happen. So, you MAY have voted for a third option of "not sure who wins", but since that option didn't exist, you picked the guy you believe will win.

You don't play Agnostic on this. Playing Agnostic is non-boxing fans. Those who pay attention have an either/or opinion.

Comment

Lets break this down. Chin wise, they're about even. Jab, Wlad is probably better. Neither guy is exactly Amir Khan. They both got dropped by pretty power punching Heavyweights. Didn't someone credible say (Roach) that Wlad punches harder than Tyson?

Wlad is taller and even their trainer Stewart thinks that Wlad has become a better fighter, or shall we say a more EFFECTIVE fighter. Because one could say that Lennox punches to the body and is willing to mix it up. That however may not be an advantage but a disadvantage. If you can do more with less, more power to you. If Paul Williams could get away with being the tallest Welterweight/Jr.Middle and just throw his jab and right hand, he would do it. Instead of fighting like a 5'6 guy.

Unfortunately, doing what Wlad does is also a talent, not a given because of his height. And there have been a stew of fresh Heavyweights who even taller than Wlad coming in, and they're not doing as well because they're not as skilled as he is.
                Chin wise Lewis has been down twice in his whole career, Wlad 10+. Lewis has also fought bigger punchers than Wlad has.

Steward never said Wlad was a better fighter, he said Wlad had better boxing fundamentals. Not the same thing at all.

Wlad is 1 inch taller but Lewis has a 3 inch reach advantage.

Lewis showed he can adapt and fight many different ways, Wlad fights the same fight every fight.

Wlad won't go on the attack or throw anything other than a jab unless he's in complete control. Problem with that is Lewis had one of the best jabs in HW history too.

Lewis was very strong and knew how to fight and rough up on the inside, which is trouble for Wlad because that holding he does wouldn't be so effective against Lewis.

Wlad would never get comfortable enough to start unloading, he doesn't open up until he is. Lewis would be on him from the opening bell which doesn't allow Wlad to fight the only way he can and would be taking shots when he tries to clinch Lewis. I honestly don't see how Wlad could beat Lewis at all.

Comment

This of course is not true. 50/50 means that you're not sure..
                  70/30 means you are not sure, but vote one

60/40 means you are not sure, but you vote one

50/50 means you don't vote, because you cant give it to one or the other. That is what 50/50 means, its equal footing and no choice can be made.

50/50 means you don't bet your mortgage on a fight, or you have to explain to your wife why you are homeless the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    70/30 means you are not sure, but vote one

60/40 means you are not sure, but you vote one

50/50 means you don't vote, because you cant give it to one or the other. That is what 50/50 means, its equal footing and no choice can be made.

50/50 means you don't bet your mortgage on a fight, or you have to explain to your wife why you are homeless the next day.
                    This poll is for free. A third option wasn't available, therefore you're allowed to say who you're leaning towards winning. But I will give it to you since I suspect that you're not mentally all there.

Comment

This poll is for free. A third option wasn't available, therefore you're allowed to say who you're leaning towards winning. But I will give it to you since I suspect that you're not mentally all there.
                      50/50 means you aren't leaning towards anyone, how hard is it to understand that 50/50 means equal chance?

Comment

Working...
                      X